2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Window Cracked Open by 1cm-2cm

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 02:34 AM
SenpaiNodusMe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Window Cracked Open by 1cm-2cm

Hello!

I noticed that a bit of rain got through and was leaked onto my door from the inside. After looking at my window, It appears it's not going another 1cm-2cm more to close the gap with the weatherstrip.

I just got my weather strip resealed, Could this be the cause?

I'm not sure what to do, I've looked online and some people say the window needs to be recalibrated. Will this fix the leaking?
Old 01-11-2020, 03:42 AM
813_350Z

Received 318 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by SenpaiNodusMe
Hello!

I noticed that a bit of rain got through and was leaked onto my door from the inside. After looking at my window, It appears it's not going another 1cm-2cm more to close the gap with the weatherstrip.

I just got my weather strip resealed, Could this be the cause?

I'm not sure what to do, I've looked online and some people say the window needs to be recalibrated. Will this fix the leaking?

Hold your window switch in the "up" position as far as it will go so the window will roll up by itself. If it doesn't roll up fully or hits the top and comes back down then yes, you will need to have it relearn.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:36 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Most of the newer replacement window motors no longer have a button to push for programming. Like 813 says it's done with the window switch. Search " Nissan window motor relearn" on YT, it takes less than 10 seconds.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:39 AM
SenpaiNodusMe

After looking closer, I just saw this. On my passenger side, I have no gap between what appears to be the weather seal and the inner weather seal if that's what the tan outline is. But as for my driver's side I do and it's quite big.

Could this be why I'm hearing so much wind when I drive along with the leaking of water?

Could this be the reason the window won't go up any further?

What would be suggested? A new weatherstrip and inner weatherstrip or just a new inner strip?

Old 01-11-2020, 07:26 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by SenpaiNodusMe
After looking closer, I just saw this. On my passenger side, I have no gap between what appears to be the weather seal and the inner weather seal if that's what the tan outline is. But as for my driver's side I do and it's quite big.

Could this be why I'm hearing so much wind when I drive along with the leaking of water?
Absolutely.

Could this be the reason the window won't go up any further?
No. If the window goes up then returns to 1/2 down then you have a bind. At 2 cm it needs a relearn.

What would be suggested? A new weatherstrip and inner weatherstrip or just a new inner strip?
Depends on your budget and desire. If you want it to look good AND be tight and dry you'll need to replace both AND reset the window. From the damage it looks like the glass was previously raising too high, tearing the gaskets, might need to pull the door card/inside cover to see if the glass is even level. Def make sure the glass is straight and window height/learn is correct before changing the liners or it'll do the same thing.

The following users liked this post:
dkmura (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 03:18 PM
SenpaiNodusMe

Howdy,

Thanks for helping me.

The window does not go back down, it just dosent go up another 1cm-2cm to actually finsh the gap. I can slide my finger nail under the top of the window If I attempt to.

So I'll have to replace both? Damn!

I'll make sure to get a professional to install both of them.

To be correct, These are the two I need, Right?

https://www.z1motorsports.com/door-s...p-p-11480.html
https://www.z1motorsports.com/door-s...g-p-11485.html