Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z Will crank but not start help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 10:11 AM
javiZee10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z Will crank but not start help

About three months ago I was driving normally when all of a sudden my Z stopped in the middle of the road, steering wheel was hard to turn and all lights in the speedometer came up. After this happened I took it to AutoZone and they pulled the codes for the position a cam sensors and the crank sensor too... I bought these online and when they arrived I replaced them but the car wouldn't start at all now... After trying a couple of times during the week to turn it on I noticed that the car was actually on lock mode by the NATS so I had to get it removed by buying a new key and have someone program it to the car. NATS got removed but the car is still not starting. There are no codes showing up and some guy recommended me to take it to nissan and program a new ECU, so I did but I was told that my ECU was not the problem and that they weren't able to even program it (the new one). Took the car back to the house and now I'm completely lost on what to do next. Car has the brand new key with no NATS problem now, the ECU seems to be fine (I think) and I've checked if the car is getting spark and actually its not, I pulled out a coil with the spark plug itself and tried cranking it but there is no spark at all. Any advice on what could be causing the car to not start? Fuel pump is working because as soon as I turn the key to ON I can hear it behind my passenger seat, so I doubt its the fuel pump... Appreciate any help, thanks!
Old 10-20-2020, 02:03 PM
Rainy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javiZee10
About three months ago I was driving normally when all of a sudden my Z stopped in the middle of the road, steering wheel was hard to turn and all lights in the speedometer came up. After this happened I took it to AutoZone and they pulled the codes for the position a cam sensors and the crank sensor too... I bought these online and when they arrived I replaced them but the car wouldn't start at all now... After trying a couple of times during the week to turn it on I noticed that the car was actually on lock mode by the NATS so I had to get it removed by buying a new key and have someone program it to the car. NATS got removed but the car is still not starting. There are no codes showing up and some guy recommended me to take it to nissan and program a new ECU, so I did but I was told that my ECU was not the problem and that they weren't able to even program it (the new one). Took the car back to the house and now I'm completely lost on what to do next. Car has the brand new key with no NATS problem now, the ECU seems to be fine (I think) and I've checked if the car is getting spark and actually its not, I pulled out a coil with the spark plug itself and tried cranking it but there is no spark at all. Any advice on what could be causing the car to not start? Fuel pump is working because as soon as I turn the key to ON I can hear it behind my passenger seat, so I doubt its the fuel pump... Appreciate any help, thanks!

Was it raining? Any chance water could have splashed up into the LCM?
Old 10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
Rainy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javiZee10

Was it raining? Any chance water could have splashed up into the LCM?
Old 10-21-2020, 06:59 AM
javiZee10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I’ve found the issue... the “new” sensors I bought from online were bad, I tried plugging back my OEM sensors back and the car started right up. It died again but pretty sure its because the crank sensor stops working when the car heats up... I think going with Nissan parts is the way to go. I should be getting it today I’ll post my results on the new sensor