Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Beat to death

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 12:58 PM
SnaykeByte

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Beat to death

I'm sure this subject has been beat to death on here, but I'm trying to figure out definitively if speedo recalibration is possible. With my new shoes I'm off about 7% at highway speeds and I'm trying to figure out a solution. Please don't state the obvious in that I should have factory size wheels and tires, who does that nowadays? I like the wheels and tires I bought and it's just one more issue I have to deal with. I install stuff that won't fit out of the box all the time and figure it out somehow. I've read all I can find on the subject and have many conflicting findings. Dealer can do it, deal can't/won't do it. Hypertech has a product to do it, but maybe not for Nissan. Independent shop scan tools can only access PID, not rewritable rom files. Has to be a way of doing it and I refuse to believe I am the only poor sucker that have run across this. Anyone have any input on this dilemma?
Old 06-07-2021, 07:04 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,288 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by SnaykeByte
I'm sure this subject has been beat to death on here, but I'm trying to figure out definitively if speedo recalibration is possible. With my new shoes I'm off about 7% at highway speeds and I'm trying to figure out a solution. Please don't state the obvious in that I should have factory size wheels and tires, who does that nowadays? I like the wheels and tires I bought and it's just one more issue I have to deal with. I install stuff that won't fit out of the box all the time and figure it out somehow. I've read all I can find on the subject and have many conflicting findings. Dealer can do it, deal can't/won't do it. Hypertech has a product to do it, but maybe not for Nissan. Independent shop scan tools can only access PID, not rewritable rom files. Has to be a way of doing it and I refuse to believe I am the only poor sucker that have run across this. Anyone have any input on this dilemma?
Try this:

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-driv...corrector.html

There are other ways, usually a local speedo shop can make some adjustments or change out a wheel speed sensor but probably not enough to fix a 1" rear tire deficit.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:10 PM
SnaykeByte

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm intrigued, I'll look into that a bit further thank you................-Curtis