Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

I just bought a Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 06:03 PM
Wknight350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just bought a Z

I recently purchased a 2003 350z. I want to do interior upgrades first as some of the pieces are old and need replaced. Is there a certain website I should use to find the right parts or best parts or should I take it to a Nissan dealer and ask them to do a once over and give me a list of replacement parts I can buy through them?

Old 08-26-2021, 07:43 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,305 Likes on 905 Posts

Moved this thread to a more appropriate forum. As to your questions, it really depends on which interior parts are worn and need replacement. You can go to your local Nissan dealer and the parts will be quite expensive, but the best idea might be to check the local classifieds on this site, local salvage yards and sites such as eBay and craigslist to find what you need. Why not post a WTB ad under the classifieds here and on other Z sites to let members know what parts you want to buy?
The following users liked this post:
Wknight350z (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 07:53 PM
Wknight350z

Originally Posted by dkmura
Moved this thread to a more appropriate forum. As to your questions, it really depends on which interior parts are worn and need replacement. You can go to your local Nissan dealer and the parts will be quite expensive, but the best idea might be to check the local classifieds on this site, local salvage yards and sites such as eBay and craigslist to find what you need. Why not post a WTB ad under the classifieds here and on other Z sites to let members know what parts you want to buy?
Thank you, that is what I was thinking. Would taking it to a dealer to get a list of parts to replace be a good idea? Or would they still charge just for that.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:10 AM
khnitz

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Congrats on the Z and welcome to the forum!

A first question - what is your experience level with cars, modding, etc.? I'm just asking in order to be able to respond with advice that would be helpful, without possibly coming across as insulting.

As for a list of parts, there are a number of dealer sites that offer access to the parts diagrams for our cars. From there, you can research the part numbers you need directly, and then search out the best source for you online. The dealer is always an option, but for me it is usually an option of last resort - but that's after many years of working on my own vehicles.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:50 AM
Wknight350z

Originally Posted by khnitz
Congrats on the Z and welcome to the forum!

A first question - what is your experience level with cars, modding, etc.? I'm just asking in order to be able to respond with advice that would be helpful, without possibly coming across as insulting.

As for a list of parts, there are a number of dealer sites that offer access to the parts diagrams for our cars. From there, you can research the part numbers you need directly, and then search out the best source for you online. The dealer is always an option, but for me it is usually an option of last resort - but that's after many years of working on my own vehicles.
I have very little experience with car modding, I’ve done a few things here and there but not quite near enough.

I have been looking into finding the parts numbers as it seems like the best option. I just moved to Florida and there is a lot more options for parted vehicles and stores than where I previously lived so I’m going to start looking there as well.
khnitz (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 01:08 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,305 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by Wknight350z
I have very little experience with car modding, I’ve done a few things here and there but not quite near enough.

I have been looking into finding the parts numbers as it seems like the best option. I just moved to Florida and there is a lot more options for parted vehicles and stores than where I previously lived so I’m going to start looking there as well.
If you're not used to taking cars apart, you'll need to proceed carefully. Sure, you can take your Z to a dealer, but don't expect a parts dept. employee to stop their work and come out to look at your car and the parts you want to replace. At best, they may be able to show you a diagram of the parts and you can try to point at the part you'd like to purchase. From there, you can get a part # and price from the dealership. Keep in mind that your interior is constructed like a origami puzzle- you'll need to learn how parts are interlocked and fastened before they come out.
khnitz (08-27-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 06:14 AM
BORNGEARHEAD

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

I recently bought an '04 350z Roadster to sit next to my '20 370z Sport. Going through my Nissan parts Dept, Ive been finding a lot of interior parts are either not available anymore or they are pretty dang expensive, even at "dealer cost". I found it better and cheaper to go through car-parts.com and look for low mileage vehicles to find interior parts. Congrats on the purchase.
Wknight350z (08-29-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 07:41 PM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Wknight350z
Thank you, that is what I was thinking. Would taking it to a dealer to get a list of parts to replace be a good idea? Or would they still charge just for that.
You could look up the part numbers online your self or take a picture of the parts you want to replace and maybe we can help you here,there are probably some interior parts you want to buy brand new and some others you may find used this is all based on your own budget Good Luck!