Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

TireRack has the Hotchkiss TVS Stage 1 kit for $392 free ship

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 12:26 PM
alkemyst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TireRack has the Hotchkiss TVS Stage 1 kit for $392 free ship

TireRack has the Hotchkiss TVS Stage 1 kit for $391.99 close out with free shipping. The springs have been discontinued but this is cheaper than the price of the sway bars alone.

The springs I didn't see any real complaints other than they are heavier than other springs and don't slam the car. They are linear springs as well but not terribly higher rates than stock.

Just an FYI
Old 01-06-2022, 01:52 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,285 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by alkemyst
TireRack has the Hotchkiss TVS Stage 1 kit for $391.99 close out with free shipping. The springs have been discontinued but this is cheaper than the price of the sway bars alone.

The springs I didn't see any real complaints other than they are heavier than other springs and don't slam the car. They are linear springs as well but not terribly higher rates than stock.

Just an FYI
Good catch but NLA. Probably had a grand total of one set and you bought 'em. Ha ha! Great price too. "Buy sway bars get springs free."
Old 01-06-2022, 03:23 PM
alkemyst

Sorry everyone, looks like out of stock now. Mine arrive Monday.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:03 PM
alkemyst

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Good catch but NLA. Probably had a grand total of one set and you bought 'em. Ha ha! Great price too. "Buy sway bars get springs free."
Actually plus $10 back. Now I have to figure out end links. Don't want to spend $300+ for them right now.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:50 PM
DarkZ03

Received 492 Likes on 412 Posts

Stock is perfectly fine. It ran both Hotchkis and Whiteline with zero issues on stock links.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:10 PM
alkemyst

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
Stock is perfectly fine. It ran both Hotchkis and Whiteline with zero issues on stock links.
Thank you, Sir!

The threads I have read just showed hypothetical stuff that with the Hotchkis bars the stock end links will break.

I run adj. links on my CTS V-Sport, but my whole car is built and on E85.

Eventually I will probably make the end links a gift one day for him I love SPL Parts stuff since I was running a 1998 240SX SE back 10+ years ago.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:07 PM
DarkZ03

Received 492 Likes on 412 Posts

It's mostly a wear thing, if they are at max then they will theoretically wear faster but if you aren't slammed or don't track you should be fine. I've always replaced them with OEM when doing the bars but nothing else.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:18 PM
alkemyst

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
It's mostly a wear thing, if they are at max then they will theoretically wear faster but if you aren't slammed or don't track you should be fine. I've always replaced them with OEM when doing the bars but nothing else.
ordered a set of Moogs with the zerk fittings. I doubt the stock end links have been replaced in the last 100k miles.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:23 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,126 Likes on 6,579 Posts

Jason zya on here used to make some nice ones
Old 01-08-2022, 05:52 PM
alkemyst

Package arrived today, son is ecstatic. I was worried it was old stock without the sway bar stops on them. It came with all the parts. However, Hotchkis reduced the grease to only 1 tube instead of two. That said, they also added the 4th hole too. So these are perfect.

Now on to struts/shocks (thinking Koni yellows, but I read some say the Hotchkis springs can't handle them...so confused) and brakes (his rotors and pads are done and I was told one caliper is bad)....looking to do the Akebonos.

Last edited by alkemyst; 01-08-2022 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:11 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,285 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by alkemyst
Package arrived today, son is ecstatic. I was worried it was old stock without the sway bar stops on them. It came with all the parts. However, Hotchkis reduced the grease to only 1 tube instead of two. That said, they also added the 4th hole too. So these are perfect.

Now on to struts/shocks (thinking Koni yellows, but I read some say the Hotchkis springs can't handle them...so confused) and brakes (his rotors and pads are done and I was told one caliper is bad)....looking to do the Akebonos.
Other way around.... shocks control the motion of the springs. And I dare say that if Koni can't handle Hotchkis (they can), they're broken. Haha. That should be a fine combination. I run Yellows and with the exception of the Bilsteins I used to have (gave away), the Konis are, IMO, one of the best on a 33 and MORE than adequate for any street oriented spring, e.g., Hotchkis, Eibach, Swift, Tein, etc.

I've had at least a half dozen sets of Konis from the present Yellows back to the DA racing units on my roadster and FF cars, both coilover design (the only real place one needs COs IMO...) and they still build incredible products.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:14 PM
alkemyst

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Other way around.... shocks control the motion of the springs. And I dare say that if Koni can't handle Hotchkis (they can), they're broken. Haha. That should be a fine combination. I run Yellows and with the exception of the Bilsteins I used to have (gave away), the Konis are, IMO, one of the best on a 33 and MORE than adequate for any street oriented spring, e.g., Hotchkis, Eibach, Swift, Tein, etc.

I've had at least a half dozen sets of Konis from the present Yellows back to the DA racing units on my roadster and FF cars, both coilover design (the only real place one needs COs IMO...) and they still build incredible products.
Thanks, I thought so too. I have used some ground control options. The Hotchkis springs don't have a lot of posts, but I couldn't understand how the Koni's overpower them.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:07 PM
alkemyst

The kid is excited as all hell He also got his first apartment that same day so it's a big weekend for him.

Now I have to figure out a deal on some Koni's or something else. Planning on doing need strut mounts/etc so I can just build them on the bench and install as a unit. With 130K+ miles doesn't make sense to reuse things and most of those parts are not that expensive.