Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How Far Away Do You Park Your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004 | 07:03 PM
NISMO_GUY2003

Default How Far Away Do You Park Your Z?

Hi Everyone!
The weather was actually nice in Chicago today so I took the Z to work instead of my daily driver. Since my baby is only 2 months old I parked her at a far corner of the parking lot way away from where anyone else would park.

As I took the long walk to my office building, I wondered just how long my paranoia about my Z would last...
Just wondering how long you've had your Z and how far away do you go when parking it?

Do you cringe when you have to make an unplanned stop at the mall? Do you look at valet parkers as if they were the devil reincarnated?
Old 02-26-2004 | 07:15 PM
NzZ

Default haha

I try to never drive it to the mall. But if I do I park as far away as is humanly possible. At work I park on the 9th story of a 10 story parking garage, even though levels 4-8 are largely empty. Why? Mainly b/c I'd be embarassed if people saw the 5 minutes I spend staring at it, drooling all over myself...and thanking god that I didn't get a ticket as I busted 75+ in a 35mph zone..but also b/c I always park it in a spot that's blocked off on at least one side. It's a sick disease, but it's also a sick car.

NzZ
Old 02-26-2004 | 07:23 PM
straderp

Default Re: haha

I park as far away as freakin possible from everyone. People are rude and inconsiderate, and it would break my heart if I came out and found a scratch, or worse, a dent or gash on my baby.

I hate to admit it, because I always think people who do it are asses, but sometimes I'll take two spaces up in a lot that isn't crowded. You have to be careful tho, some folks will key you just to express their displeasure.

Does anyone else have the desire to kick in the door of the car that you find parked in the space next to you when their passenger side door is mere inches from your Z?
Old 02-26-2004 | 07:28 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

I've had my Track for about 3 weeks now, and I'm right there with you....My building has a 4 story garage, and even if there are a few banks of empty spots on the lower decks, I know that they'll fill up eventually, so I go to the roof. I guess I classify the sun as the lesser of evils between the sun and the old-guy with the 10 year old Cadillac with 90 pound doors. I'd guess that the guys who yank their car into any available spot are not members of this board.

Z....The Passion.
Old 02-26-2004 | 09:43 PM
Phatmitzu

How far away do I park my z??
Not far enough obviously...
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=62817

Old 02-27-2004 | 12:03 AM
R.J._Vancouver

It doesn`t really bother me to see people take up 2 spots if the lot isn`t too full.
What makes me laugh though is when I see guys double parking a Sunfire or a Cavalier, or some other Wannabe car :-)
Old 02-27-2004 | 12:07 AM
yobri
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Not only the furthest distance away from other cars possible, but also in spaces that at ends near curbs or walls. And I usually leave little space between said curbs or walls. Maybe 3-5 inches or so.
Old 02-27-2004 | 02:29 AM
monkey7

What sucks for me, if I park far. And the only one there, no one around me. For some damn reason when I come back, there is someone else next to me. There are so many spaces and they choose to park next to me.
Old 02-27-2004 | 02:33 AM
Z CRUZN

Default yep....

When I do have to go to the mall (I try to avoid at all costs) I park so far away I have to hitchhike to get to the entrance. I know the first door ding is gonna kill me - ha!
Old 02-27-2004 | 05:07 AM
TruBluZ

I've had mine for a month and at work I park as close as I can get to our sign. On the other side, I made an agreement with a girl that works here that she park in the spot next to me but on the opposite line. There is almost enough room between the two cars to have a party.
Old 02-27-2004 | 05:25 AM
seanazzy

at my part time job i park in the very far end of the parking lot. i don't think anybody has even parked there before! my full time job i have the very first parking spot near this fence, but it's about the size of 2 parking spaces so it's straight. i park all the way over near the fence and even if the next car parks on the line there's still a good 3.5ft between cars.
Old 02-27-2004 | 05:28 AM
Rushguy

Busy lots I park way in the overflow part unless I can find a spot up front where I can see my car from where I am eating or whatever out the window. If I do park close up in visual range it is only in a corner spot with one side of car as close to curb as possible so no matter what parks next to me they can swing doors wide open and just hit air.
Old 02-27-2004 | 05:30 AM
lemonjihwan

yeah, that happens alot to me too.
like other cars parkin next to and ****, **** da hell out of me.
but the funny thing is, one time i came out from mall and i saw Z parked next me and i didnt get mad at all!

Ji
Old 02-27-2004 | 05:35 AM
NismoKid

I usually park next to the handicap spots with those huge 3-feet wide white marked lines. Most of the time I put a tire on the line and I have 3 feet from the line on the other side. When I park in parking garages, I see people looking for spots on the lower level, but I just go straight to the top for a corner spot. In addition to the way I park, I make sure I can get back asap.
Old 02-27-2004 | 05:52 AM
aws6000

I try not to park next to anyone, ever, no matter what I'm driving. Whether it was my Contour SVT, or either of my current cars the Z and a Frontier . I'm a little more paranoid about the Z, but don't much care for door dents and scratches. Had my SVT for 6 years, not a single dent.
Old 02-27-2004 | 06:16 AM
funkdamonkman

eh first available spot even if i have to cram it in a little.

JKIN!!!!!

I got special permission from my principal to park in a different lot than the rest of the student body . The Z sits gracefully in the grass on the other side of the building.
Old 02-27-2004 | 07:47 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Far end of the parking garage, last spot on either end. Those spots are about 50% wider than normal. I park on the yellow line closest to the wall. That leaves about a full car width or so on the opposite side. My boss usually parks his truck there next to me so he leaves me a wide berth. He knows better than to be careless with his doors
Old 02-27-2004 | 09:29 AM
Montez

Originally posted by kcobean
I've had my Track for about 3 weeks now, and I'm right there with you....My building has a 4 story garage, and even if there are a few banks of empty spots on the lower decks, I know that they'll fill up eventually, so I go to the roof. I guess I classify the sun as the lesser of evils between the sun and the old-guy with the 10 year old Cadillac with 90 pound doors. I'd guess that the guys who yank their car into any available spot are not members of this board.

Z....The Passion.
You have to back much further than 10 years to get the big heavy doored Caddy's!
Old 02-27-2004 | 09:31 AM
themyst

no matter how far i park... there is always someone else that parks next to me... usually someone with a nice car. One time, it was a z06, another time it was another g35 coupe... probably they assume that i won't ding their car + its safer to park in bunches than by yourself.
Old 02-27-2004 | 09:34 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Pretty far- I leave my Z's in the garage and drive a Saturn to work everyday. Plastic door panels are ding resistent.

-Ethan

Quick Reply: How Far Away Do You Park Your Z?