Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ii need help wiring asap

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 12:56 PM
Khalil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ii need help wiring asap

I know wiring sucks but I am so stuck. I bought a 2003 Nissan 350z I have no idea what headlights are stock to this car nor weather it's HID or halogen stock neither do I know if is 8 pin or 6 pin stock. For more explanation I bought 2, 8 pin connectors for both drive and passenger but I'm not sure about the wiring these pics should explain the predicament I'm in. Im not sure if I should color match straight up to the 8 pin connector I bought because there would be a bunch of extra wires. And if I do that then what headlight do I buy cuz I've seen six pin and 8 pin head lights but the 8 pin lights come with an extra connector that needs two wires(look at the pic of the headlights). I have some extra headlight I bought for 80 bucks that are 8 pin I don't mind using but I really need help figuring out what head light to get what wiring should be done and wif I'm doing. Cuz should there be extra wires lying around or is my car a stock 6 pin. I really don't care if it's not halogen or hid but if someone could help I will pay you honestly. I will try and post more pics

Wires from harness

Ending that the guy installed and thrashed

The new 8 pin I got off a stock car

Wiring from the car

Another wiring from the car
Old 12-16-2023, 03:57 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,284 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Just run your VIN through the VIN decoder here. Will tell you what trim level car you have. Then it's easy.... all trim levels have 8-pin HID EXCEPT Base model which are 6-pin halogen. Now, of course that doesn't account for someone putting junk aftermarket halogens in place of factory HIDs.
Old 12-17-2023, 03:14 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,296 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Khalil -
Upload a photo of the headlights you are looking to install -

start by organizing a little bit better here…

the wires that you have exposed that you think are for the headlight assembly organize them in a cleaner manner so that we can see what were working with and type-out a list of what color each wire is and if it’s thicker or thinner relative to the others.

Seperate the black wires from the rest of the wires - these are typically ground wires and you will need a volt meter / multi-meter to confirm this using the continuinty feature or the resistance feature … do you have a multi-meter? Like a inexpensive $10 meter? If you dont, you will need one so go and buy one.

Old 12-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Khalil

Thank you for the response so I found out a few things today. I re attached all cables to a stock connector I found and I just matched colors they were the same so I went with it. Just to clean up the mess.

I organized all the cables making it
red/silver stripe
black/silver stripe
black/silver stripe
purple/silver stripe ( confirmed this was the turn signal with a test light it flashes and that’s the only one I’ve got to work so far)
brown/silver stripe
black/white
red/Blue silver stripe (always on tested with test light)
red/blue silver stripe (always on tested with test light)

so on the head light this is the color scheme
red Both go to hid
black got to HID

white Green Day light running lights positive
yellow daylight running light positive

light green go to head light
black go to head light

green/black turn signal light
black turn signal light

so in the pics I hope you can see how I have it so far. So far the only one that works for me is the turn signal light. Going from purple/white black/silver stripe on chassis to green/black, black on the headlight. But get this. When I switch purple/white with red/silver stripe the HID flashes so I know it working some how, but when I switch the pin back to it’s “correct spot” it doesn’t work.

I really don’t understand what’s going on here

Old 12-18-2023, 05:21 PM
Khalil

I have a multi meter haven’t used it on this job yet not sure how it’ll help, if you guys need anymore info or pics or anything let me know. This is just the passenger but it was the worst I think if I figure this out I can get the driver side fine.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:13 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,094 Likes on 775 Posts

It looks like you have HID based on the picture of the ballast in the first pic you posted.

These posts should help you out:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ml#post7681846

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...l#post10997742

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...l#post10994098

If the wire colors do not match, the pinout/terminal locations will be the same.

I've also attached the LT section of the FSM for your '03.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LT (2).pdf (7.40 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by Heel Til I Die; 12-19-2023 at 05:14 AM.