2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Special Ordering / CarsDirect

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:06 AM
triso07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Ordering / CarsDirect

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of trying to get myself an ,04 Daytona Blue Touring Z with a 6spd manual, and I decided to go through CarsDirect.com, I am running into a few issues though because they are saying it’s hard to find a blue touring Z in 6spd. I was wondering if anyone here has gone through CarsDirect.com in purchasing there Z ? If so, how did you find it, any problems, did you receive a decent price, and how does the special ordering process go ? This may unfortuantely be in my near future ? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Zonda

Default Re: Special Ordering / CarsDirect

Originally posted by triso07
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of trying to get myself an ,04 Daytona Blue Touring Z with a 6spd manual, and I decided to go through CarsDirect.com, I am running into a few issues though because they are saying it’s hard to find a blue touring Z in 6spd. I was wondering if anyone here has gone through CarsDirect.com in purchasing there Z ? If so, how did you find it, any problems, did you receive a decent price, and how does the special ordering process go ? This may unfortuantely be in my near future ? Any assistance would be appreciated.
If I were you I would order my Z from the dealer. In fact, that is what I'm going to do in January 2005. I assume CarsDirect.com will also buy your car from a Nissan dealership, so why would like to deal with them and not directly with Nissan???

Nowadays, we (consumers) have a ton of good information (Edmunds.com) that can guide us through the cumbersome process of buying a new car (some call it an art, I think is a technique).

I got raped when I bought my first car 2 years ago from VW but that was the first and the last time I pay above MSRP for a any car!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:21 PM
triso07

I get what you are saying, but my g/f went through CarsDirect, and they did right by her. Also they have a pretty good price reduction on the cars they find you. I recieved a price quoted on a 2004 Silverstone Touring Z (6spd) with everything except the Navigation System for $33,500 --- Thats pretty good, because when i compared it to the prices of the dealerships around me, they were charging in the range of $35 - $36,000 for it.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:30 PM
jackie chan

cardirect is a good purchasing agent, They are signed up with us. The customer service is good with them but will vary from dealer to dealer. Good luck
Old 03-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Bertg

Daytona Blue is harder to find on the lot. That's why I ordered it thru the dealer. Didn't mind waiting 3 months as it helped me save up more for the down payment. It's worth the wait!! Good luck.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Azeotrope

Default Direct order

I used Edmunds to find what people in my area were paying, and then called four dealers to see if they would give me a similar quote. 3/4 said they would only sell at sticker, and the other said they knew about Edmunds and would charge me $500 less than what others paid if I would come in to talk. Easiest car buy I ever made, except to get a silverstone enthusiast with air bags I had to order. It's supposed to be here in 4 weeks or less. I am buying it from Courtesy Nissan in Tampa.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:03 PM
triso07

I know, it sucks that the Daytona Blue is harder to get I love that color, it just stands out. Yeah, i feel the same way, at least I'll be able to save some extra money, pick only the options i want and have the car hopefully in time for the good weather. The wait is killing me though.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Azeotrope

Default Direct order

I used Edmunds to find what people in my area were paying, and then called four dealers to see if they would give me a similar quote. 3/4 said they would only sell at sticker, and the other said they knew about Edmunds and would charge me $500 less than what others paid if I would come in to talk. Easiest car buy I ever made, except to get a silverstone enthusiast with air bags I had to order. It's supposed to be here in 4 weeks or less. I am buying it from Courtesy Nissan in Tampa.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:20 PM
jackie chan

Default Re: Direct order

Originally posted by Azeotrope
we get the point
Old 03-09-2004, 01:33 PM
EnthusiastZ

I used CarsDirect.com to purchase my 04 Mazda 3S. The customer service was excellent and I did not have to haggle with the sales and business staff. I received a great price online ($100 over invoice) and was able to choose the color and options I wanted. CarsDirect quickly located the exact car and arranged financing for me. To simple!
Old 03-10-2004, 05:20 AM
triso07

Glad to hear a number of people having pleasant experiences with CarsDirect. I should be ordering my Z this weekend, just hope that it doesn’t turn out like some of the horror stories I hear on this forum about how long it takes to receive the car. CarsDirect told me 6-8 weeks, and they have been very candid so far so I will trust that my car will arrive in like 2 months.