Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Programing Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:44 PM
myehrick09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Programing Homelink

Ok, I have followed the manual and even went to Homelink's website and I still can't set my buttons right. I do have a Craftsman Garage Door Opener that was installed back in 1999. Anyone on this forum experiencing the same problem that I am having? Any suggestions on how can you make the set-up easier?
Old 04-03-2004, 01:22 PM
peterhong

I followed the little insert and mine worked fine. You might wanna double check the Craftsman Garage Door remote and see if that is properly working first. What procedure are you following to program your garage door opener??? I will run down to my car later and see if the procedure is the same as mine.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:17 PM
mofoz

you might have rolling codes, in which case you need to hit a button on the door opener, and then use the reciever to program the homelink reciever.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:35 PM
myehrick09

Originally posted by peterhong
I followed the little insert and mine worked fine. You might wanna double check the Craftsman Garage Door remote and see if that is properly working first. What procedure are you following to program your garage door opener??? I will run down to my car later and see if the procedure is the same as mine.
Right now, I'm doing steps 1 to 7. I am doing whatever the book and that little pamplet saya. I still can't get this to work. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:39 PM
myehrick09

Originally posted by mofoz
you might have rolling codes, in which case you need to hit a button on the door opener, and then use the reciever to program the homelink reciever.

I did this and I almost fell down . I was standing on top of my 4Runner trying to reach that button . My dang wet feet slipped on me lolz . Do you have to turn the ignition on before you can program this or turn it to the "on" position?
Old 04-04-2004, 07:06 AM
sparkman

I have a lift-master garage door opener, but I broke the original remote, so I had to buy a replacement. The replacement remote works fine, but for some reason I can't use it to program the Homelink. Are you sure you have the original remote?
Old 04-04-2004, 07:34 AM
rdballer

I've used a LiftMaster remote to program my Homelink system in my Z and other cars with great success.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure the Homelink keys are "cleared" before you start. Push the left most and right most keys together for 20+ sections until the LED begins to flash rapidly. That means the Homelink settings for all three buttons have been cleared.

Then place the LiftMaster remote just below the Homelink device you're going to program and click the button on your remote and the button on the Homelink device at the same time. Hold both buttons until the Homelink light begins to flash rapidly to signal that it has accepted the programming.

Those two steps have always worked for me. The LiftMaster remote should be on the Homelink list of compatible devices. I had to add a Homelink compatible system to my two garage door openers since my two units are NOT on that list. New house with two non Homelink friendly garage door openers. The LiftMaster remote is the remote I obtained from the Homelink adapter kit.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:40 AM
sparkman

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The replacement is a generic remote that works fine with the garage door, but the Homelink won't pick it up for some reason. The original Lift-Master remote (that I broke) programmed my wife's car just fine, but the replacement doesn't work. I'll probably pick up a Homelink brand replacement sometime, and see if that works, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:28 PM
DiRN

Originally posted by sparkman
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The replacement is a generic remote that works fine with the garage door, but the Homelink won't pick it up for some reason. The original Lift-Master remote (that I broke) programmed my wife's car just fine, but the replacement doesn't work. I'll probably pick up a Homelink brand replacement sometime, and see if that works, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I used some random generic remote to program my Homelink. I couldn't tell you who makes the remote or the opener without checking though.