Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 06:42 PM
rouxeny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, I think you totally got screwed, however, I'm not sure how this'll come out. The dealer is banking on one thing, which is that you don't have any real proof that they put over a hundred miles on the car. At this point, they just want you to go away, and they're willing to give you some incentives, like an extended warranty. However, if it goes further, they'll demand proof, and unless I've misread, you don't have it. Not that I don't believe it didn't happen, just that a judge may not. Keep in mind that they have lawyers, and you probably don't.

There's no way you'll get a new Z. Be happy with a warranty and an apology. Then don't go back there again.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:14 PM
Michael-Dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jran76
Again, as I stated it is "my opinion." I have not had any problems, at least comparred to other Nissan Dealers I have dealt with. I cannot speak for others, so thank you for the info, I will keep it in mind.
I don't mean to knock on your opinion, but in all honesty, everybody will have different experiences at different places.

They are also the only dealer that I had work on my Maxima that did not mind working with aftermarket parts, which is of concern to myself.
FWIW, I know a person (or two) that has taken their 300 there for some major service and they refused to do warranty work because of the mods. They may be mod-friendly to some, but not to others. IMO, service depts make VERY little money on warranty repairs so it's in their best interest to void your warranty.

Are there any dealers that you recomend for service (Austin/Dallas)????
After what Abyss has gone through, I'd say no.

Michael.