Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

holy crap! a first with the dealership!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 09:22 AM
ViZion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holy crap! a first with the dealership!!

i actually had a positive experience there!!

i had been going to one of 3 nissan dealerships in austin. to make an extremely long and aggrivating story short: that dealership screwed something up on my car every time they "fixed" another problem. they also told me that they could not address some of my issues.

well, i'd had about enough. i started going to round rock nissan after south point had finished fixing all of their screw ups

when i went there, the service rep asked me to make a list of all the problems that were with going on. he also told me that the other dealership had straight out lied to me about several issues.

they fixed:
-my automatic up function (something that the other dealership "fixed" 4 times...)
-replaced the rubber that was cracking on my window (the little triangular support that holds the side mirrors on)
-fixed my rattling rearview mirror
-fixed my rattling passanger visor
-took care of rattling in my driver's door
-did alignment both front and rear (something that the other dealership said they couldn't do under warranty)
-replaced my trunk release springs with heavier duty ones...now my trunk actually opens without 2 hands!!!

and here's the kicker:
they gave me new front tires without me asking. i have 16k + miles on my car!!!

he asked me if i had the feathering issue and i told him yes, but not as bad as others. i understood if he couldn't get the tires, i just wanted my alignment fixed. but they went out of their way and got me new tires! at almost 17,000 miles!!!

and they washed my car.

the only down, is there is now a metalic rattle from my drivers door. but they're fixing that monday

i never thought i'd find a nissan dealership that actually helps, and fixes problems rather than creating new ones.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:28 AM
GoSpeedRacerGo

Default Re: holy crap! a first with the dealership!!

Well I am sure it could not have anything to do with how you look or who you are... Hot girls will always get more out of someone than anyone else, but congrats on finally getting some of those problems fixed.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:32 AM
ViZion

well, the girl factor didn't help at all at the other dealership.

and don't be so sure most dealerships assume i'm a moron and they can get away with **** b/c i'm a girl. it really shocked the crap out of the orig. dealership when i called them on their bs.

btw, gospeedracergo...do i know you?
Old 04-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Enron Exec

Originally posted by ViZion
well, the girl factor didn't help at all at the other dealership.

and don't be so sure most dealerships assume i'm a moron and they can get away with **** b/c i'm a girl. it really shocked the crap out of the orig. dealership when i called them on their bs.

btw, gospeedracergo...do i know you?
You know what... I might just drive all the way from Houston to Austin for this dealership's service. Can you tell met he name of the service rep and maybe the tech? Thanx.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
ViZion

the service rep. is mason, dunno the tech's name. but i do know that round rock nissan has 5 master tech's. the other 2 austin nissan dealerships have 1 combined.

if you do end up going to round rock nissan, just take 290 to 183, 183 to i-35 north. go through round rock, exit 1431/chandler road

tell him megan with the black track z sent ya
Old 05-09-2004, 07:20 PM
zmann

what was the problem with your drivers door? I believe I've isolated the rattle to the door pin but have not yet presented this to the dealer. I was hoping someone had and knew what they did to fix. What I'm talking about specifically is that 1"'ish or so long pointed pin that inserts into the car body when the door is shut to hold the door in position. it seems to not be a completely tight fit and knocks around a bit at times. I wrapped in tape and that has helped reduce movement some but not completely...what was your experience? Similar? Anyone??
Old 05-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Dissolved

Glad to see a good dealership taking care of you. I too had to bounce around a while to find a decent dealership. The dealership I purchased my car from SUCKS. I had to drive an hour north for the good places. But it's worth it.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:29 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

another austinite here....currently in Iraq......

glad to hear Round Rock Nissan gave you good service. I think I'll stop in there when I get back from this war and see if they have good prices on Z's.

Hook 'Em!
Old 05-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Zcool

I'd be interested in knowing if the dealrship that finally gave you great service was one that you had shopped at before buying. If so, what was the reason you didn't buy your car there in the first place? If it was based strictly on a $ issue then mayber there is some correlation?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:48 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by Zcool
I'd be interested in knowing if the dealrship that finally gave you great service was one that you had shopped at before buying. If so, what was the reason you didn't buy your car there in the first place? If it was based strictly on a $ issue then mayber there is some correlation?
In my case it was lack of research. I had bought used cars from the dealership I bought my Z at before. I knew they had a bad reputation, but the convenience of being right down the street is what made me buy there. WHAT A MISTAKE. I would rather drive an hour in traffic to avoid the dealership I bought my Z from. You can read all about it. I made a post about them
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=66178
Old 05-11-2004, 07:59 AM
ViZion

i bought my car used from an "exotics" dealership. the reason i went to the first dealer is b/c that's where the car had origionaly come from.

the ppl were friendly at first, but friendly doesn't mean crap when they're not doing their job and lying.

so, i suppose it was lack of research when i first started going there.

i kind of stumbled on to the rr dealership. i had gone to the central one (dealer #2) and walked out as soon as i got in. i felt like i had walked into a room where all the rapists and miscreants gathered. seriously, i got eyeballed so much....it was so uncomfortable. so i found round rock nissan by default really, being as how it was the last dealership in the austin area that i hadn't tried.

as for the door rattle: i believe it did end up being a loose pin. they fixed it very quickly.

sorry it took me so long to reply.

cheers!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 AM
dmazyn

I got my DB Track new from Round Rock Nissan in Jan of 2003. They were great and the ony time I have had to take the car in, ECU died, they fixed it up in a few days no problems.

The only complaint I have is I have a custom kick panels with a 4 inch mid and 1 inch tweeter installed and they charged me extra labor because it was not stock.

The kicks were built on top of the stock ones so it really was no more work to get mine off then it was to get the stock ones off.

I need to take mine in for a few minor issues, but since I have a few mods I am wondering if they will give me trouble for it.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:57 AM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W W. New tires for free?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:54 PM
ViZion

yes, new tires without asking, at 18000 miles, for free. i just mentioned to him how horrible my other esperiences had been, and how i had the feathering just a bit but not as bad as others)
when i came to pick my car up, there were 2 brand new meaty potenzas on my front