2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Member who DONT have a 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 11:33 PM
vinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused

hey guys i have a budget of $30,000 maximum
which z would u guys recommend me to buy? i wanted to buy the enthusiast z but i loved the touring burnt orange leather seats. comment on this please.. thanks
Old 10-17-2002, 04:32 AM
hermit

Unhappy

I hope to get a Z in a years time...or STI, evo, rx-8, or supra. I'll be stalking message boards, gaining knowledge, untill the time comes. I have an 01 Tiburon right now. At least it has MT. The Tibs LOOKS sporty so now I'm looking to get something that looks sporty and actually is.

Anyone know any good sites for learning stick shift?
- Driving a standard is something that really needs to be done first hand. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get my mind off of shifting and just driving without thinking about what do i do next.

Anyways I'll give you some general tips. In first gear and reverse gear take your foot off the clutch SLOWLY, and as you start to go don't take your foot off the gas. When shifting between gears take your foot completely off the gas. Stopping/slowing down is another beast all together. Some people throw the car into neutral and just use the brakes untill they stop, some brake, downshift, brake, downshift etc. People are always fighting over which is safer and which is more cost effective. IE Would you like to replace the brakes or the clutch. I myself throw the car into neutral when i know for sure I'm going to stop. I always down shift/brake to slow down when not stopping. Good luck with your new car, and don't get too discouraged when you stall...we all do that at first.

Also different cars have waaaay different feel to the shifter/clutch. I've driven my tibs, an elantra(pretty much the same), and an integra gs-r. The tibs has much longer shifts compared to the gsr but it seems to me that it is much smoother and takes alot less strength.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:00 AM
Du4L337

My list goes something like...
Touring 6MT w/
Silverstone
Burnt-orange leather
AND CONVERTIBLE...

I'm gonna hold out as long as I can, at least until some information and decent pictures on convertible are released. I really do hope convertible version turns out as good as the coupe...

One salesperson told me it may be a retractable hardtop as in MB SLK (I really do hope it is, but you never know). I'm just hoping it's not one of those vehicle that looks aweful with top up and looks great with top down (if it is, then I'm back to my original plan to go with a coup )

BTW, anyone here remember old RX7 convertible that used to fake "targa" and do full top down for convertible. I always thought that was pretty cool, and wish some auto manufacturer would build 2 stage convertible.. hehe just daydreaming at my work for my 350Z convertible...

later
Old 10-17-2002, 10:47 AM
350Now

Originally posted by kraZy
Yeah... the perfect color.
Thanks for input kraZy. Any pics of your Z? I haven't seen the Silverstone besides what Nissan has on their website. I have seen a LeMans and that was pretty nice. Also saw a Base CS from the dealership that they sold for $8,000 over MSRP. Poor guy who bought this car for that price, lucky for having a Z.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:16 AM
vinz

Has anyone ordered a car from carsdirect.com ?? i heard they got the lowest price on z