Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How do you go uphill from a stop in MT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Aggro_Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by phile
So far I have been to lazy to learn how to heel-toe though. Anyone wanna point me to a nice link walking me through proper heel-toe technique? I know how it works basically, but I'd like to read up on it to get into proper form. Thanks
Here's a link on the heel-toe shift with pictures. You'll have to make a slight change when doing this technique on the Z. You can do their method if you change change the Z's throttle to a full length pedal that goes all the way down to the floor. On the Z you'll have to put your heel on the brake and your toe on the throttle. In the pictures, they show heel on throttle and toe on brake. Heel on throttle is actually better but it can't be done easily on the Z.

http://www.driftsession.com/drift_te...oeshifting.htm
Old 05-20-2004, 08:44 PM
AZZGUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Aggro_Al
Here's a link on the heel-toe shift with pictures. You'll have to make a slight change when doing this technique on the Z. You can do their method if you change change the Z's throttle to a full length pedal that goes all the way down to the floor. On the Z you'll have to put your heel on the brake and your toe on the throttle. In the pictures, they show heel on throttle and toe on brake. Heel on throttle is actually better but it can't be done easily on the Z.

http://www.driftsession.com/drift_te...oeshifting.htm
I do that technique all the time with both feet. When my wife says slow down! I say "I'm trying to, I have one foot on the brake and the other foot on the gas!" Amazing how well it works - keeps us both happy until she says it again - been using that technique for years.