Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final Stats

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 10:57 AM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I stayed up late!! One question. The curb weight is for what model??
Old 06-10-2002, 10:59 AM
FalGra

I love you man! (In a straight male/male good friend sort of way of course...) Not as good as I hoped, however, not bad... I think people will be very happy!
Old 06-10-2002, 11:03 AM
raceboy
Banned

I wonder if that weight is with or withought NAVI??
Old 06-10-2002, 11:05 AM
kroams

Thanks Jmanz.. Its nice to finally have all the information. Since NNA knew the information they really should have released it by now to pre-order people anyway. Don't feel bad at all for posting it. Damn I love this forum and if anyone was going to have it early I knew it would be you! I had hoped the HP would be closer to 300 but honestly I figured it would be 285-290 (still impressive for this price range). And with the 6-speed running 5.5's that is very quick. With some mods this thing is going to be scary fast. Thanks for looking out for your Z brothers and sisters!
Old 06-10-2002, 11:07 AM
bbray

giddyup Jmanz!!!

You did ok by me. Now I can watch World Cup without the distraction.

USA 1 Korea 0
Old 06-10-2002, 11:09 AM
kroams

If the track is 3188 lbs would it be reasonable for the performance model to be around 3200 or are the forged wheels saving even more weight than that? How much slower in 0-60 would the performance model run than the track?
Old 06-10-2002, 11:14 AM
FalGra

the weight between the performance and the track shouldn't be much different from each other... if so, just a few lbs... nothing to worry about... 0-60 should be the same... the lighter rims help the track, however the extra's on the track may make up for the lighter rims...
Old 06-10-2002, 11:36 AM
bbray

I've been thinking about which hp # would be released too (wheels vs. crank), the whole insurance reasoning etc. Would they give the # at the wheels so it could be easily reproducable?

Time will tell. Now it's time to get back to the World Cup, half time's over. Still 1-0.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:48 AM
kroams

I don't think we need to worry about the HP number too much. A 0-60 of 5.5 is still very good for being stock and with a few modifications it can be even quicker. I would rather have the car at 287 HP with 3188 lbs rather than 300 HP with 3300 lbs. Most of the people who are addicted to this car like me will end up modding it anway and get over 300 HP easily with the car still around 3200 lbs. Considering NNA first told us 260+ HP I think ending up at 287 is about what we should have expected.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:07 PM
InternetABYSS

Default I can still hope thats at the wheels.

That would mean the crank is getting 15 percent more....

Thanks jmanz for not holding back.

Zisme is sure to confirm or deny this.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:32 PM
cheap

nice. thanks, jman.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:12 PM
SeedyRom

I hate being the voice of reason when everyone is so excited, but I have to tell everyone not to count their chickens before they hatch. Of course, Jman was very cautious in stating what he has HEARD from RELIABLE sources and unfortunately I can't comment on what I do and don't know.

However, what I can tell you is that we are STILL in testing stages and the car is still undergoing review (as with most cars there are usually 3-5 different revisions of the prototypes that run through testing before it's officially set for production). Now that time is VERY close and they are not yet to that last stage from what I know. That being said, there are still cars putting down numbers with various magazines (Sport Compact Car had one this weekend and others have cars as well). Why is this? Because they have to give them a car (even if ahead of final specs) so that SOMETHING can be written about the car the very same time it's released. I would assume there are STRICT restrictions in what can and can't be said by the magazine since the car isn't final. Nissan or any other car company wouldn't give a car to a magazine unless they agreed not to touch specifically on areas that are "not finalized". That data will come a bit later.

Now, since they are not done configuring, there are many things than can change though overall they should be minor. Perhaps rearranging of a few parts, material changes, changing of a suspension part or two, etc. Mostly sublte things. However, such things as the particular fuel/timing map that's programmed into the ECU can change up until the last minute depending upon final data. In engligh: Horsepower/Torque/Weight/Etc can all change from these numbers. However, they SHOULD be in the ballpark based on what is already public. It's not like they are going to spring a new cam on us or a supercharger by release. I think either way, the car is going to do quite well...but reminding you once again not to shoot the messenger (JMan) since his "source" can only go on what they know at the MOMENT.

Enjoy the Ride
Old 06-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Zboy

Since the press kit is from Nissan, I think it will do better than 5.5 secs. Nissan official numbers have been conservative for some of its cars.

Quick Reply: Final Stats