Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

The mother of all insults

Old 12-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Turbonium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The mother of all insults

Yes. You just entered yet another worthless "i don't like the 370" thread. Save yourself. Leave now.

First of all i want to say that i really want to like the 370. Honestly. Still, no matter how hard i try i just can't rationalize picking it over the 350. There was none of that feeling when you look at a car and it just feels very right either.

For those who consider this too long of a read, the biggest insults are presented in Bold.

The reason i feel like calling the 370 a failure is because i love the 350 so much and i really wanted to trade it in for the next version when the time comes... that is until i saw the photos of the production version of the 370. I am just honestly disappointed. In fact i am pissed.

The 370 just has way too much going on. A lot of design decisions were simply unnecessary. What made the 350 so good was its fluid design. The 350 is like Bond in a tux. The 370 is more like a midlife crisis statement.

The reason i love the 350 is because its like a baby Aston. Very clean and devoid of cheap flashy jewelry.

Can you say that the 350 is elegant? Yep. 370? Nope. Can you use the word Beautiful to describe the 350? Yep. 370? Nope.

What was the whole point of going so far overboard with every aspect of the car? Headlights, tails, the a@#hole on the read bumper, horrid front bumper, wrong wheel offset again... Fenders that look like they were completely overinflated to the point where the car was pressed against the walls of the glass jar it was in. Reminds me of those horrible kittens in jars. The only good parts are the indent in the roof and the side window kink-up.

I look at the 370 and i feel like a bunch of industrial design students were given separate tasks of designing various parts of the car to see who would win the "most outrageous" award. After that someone slapped all of it together.

I can surely see how the 370 might appeal to a more younger audience but for a 30-something like myself i just don't see how one can be driving it in a suit for example. You can drive the 911 in one, same with any Aston. Even an S2000. Somehow not the 370.

Here comes the first biggest insult: The difference between the 350 and the 370 is the difference between the last Integra and the RSX.

Now here comes the worst statement this car will hear: The 370 is clearly a hairdresser's car. Yep, i said it. To some degree, some aspects of the 370 are a bit fruity.

Flame on.

P.S. The S Tune is just plain insta-fast and furious RICE! Comes with stickaz too: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....0zstune_03.jpg

Edit: As for "all the worthless 370-hating threads" like this one - would you rather have everyone applauding every product that is being fed to us? Consumer criticism like manufacturer competition breeds better products.

Edit 2: Man you guys take this s@#t too seriously. I love the response i am getting though. Fun fun fun.

Last edited by Turbonium; 12-03-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 AM
supergoji

Big deal, you don't like it, that your opinion. i like the New Z alot.

i think it's a step in the right direction. weight however is still an issue...
i agree with you about the flat spots on the fenders, if nissan decided or owners decide to edit them the car will will very nice and very curvy just like a 911 C4S.

Last edited by supergoji; 12-03-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

There is no reason what so ever to quote his entire post, you're responding to it.

And yes i agree, the car is very strange looking. Not the prettiest car anymore, which is sad.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Rexy7

Pick you the January 2009 issue of Road & Track where they show the 08 350z & the new 370z...even editors stated that by comparison the 350z looks big and bulky compared to the 370z and it really does..even in the new red the 350z looks dated.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 AM
07rdsterGT

OP: I can agree with pretty much everything here.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by Rexy7
Pick you the January 2009 issue of Road & Track where they show the 08 350z & the new 370z...even editors stated that by comparison the 350z looks big and bulky compared to the 370z and it really does..even in the new red the 350z looks dated.
I have that issue in my magazine bin right next to my throne. Read it yesterday. Saw the photos. No change in opinion. They liked the RSX too by the way.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
RedBeauty84ZX

Originally Posted by Turbonium
First of all i want to say that i really want to like the 370. Honestly. Still, no matter how hard i try i just can't rationalize picking it over the 350. There was none of that feeling when you look at a car and it just feels very right either.

For those who consider this too long of a read, the biggest insults are presented in Bold.

The reason i feel like calling the 370 a failure is because i love the 350 so much and i really wanted to trade it in for the next version when the time comes... that is until i saw the photos of the production version of the 370. I am just honestly disappointed. In fact i am pissed.

The 370 just has way too much going on. A lot of design decisions were simply unnecessary. What made the 350 so good was its fluid design. The 350 is like Bond in a tux. The 370 is more like a midlife crisis statement.

The reason i love the 350 is because its like a baby Aston. Very clean and devoid of cheap flashy jewelry.

Can you say that the 350 is elegant? Yep. 370? Nope. Can you use the word Beautiful to describe the 350? Yep. 370? Nope.

What was the whole point of going so far overboard with every aspect of the car? Headlights, tails, the a@#hole on the read bumper, horrid front bumper, wrong wheel offset again... Fenders that look like they were completely overinflated to the point where the car was pressed against the walls of the glass jar it was in. Reminds me of those horrible kittens in jars. The only good parts are the indent in the roof and the side window kink-up.

I look at the 370 and i feel like a bunch of industrial design students were given separate tasks of designing various parts of the car to see who would win the "most outrageous" award. After that someone slapped all of it together.

I can surely see how the 370 might appeal to a more younger audience but for a 30-something like myself i just don't see how one can be driving it in a suit for example. You can drive the 911 in one, same with any Aston. Even an S2000. Somehow not the 370.

Here comes the first biggest insult: The difference between the 350 and the 370 is the difference between the last Integra and the RSX.

Now here comes the worst statement this car will hear: The 370 is clearly a hairdresser's car. Yep, i said it. To some degree, some aspects of the 370 are a bit fruity.

Edit: As for "all the worthless 370-hating threads" like this one - would you rather have everyone applauding every product that is being fed to us? Consumer criticism like manufacturer competition breeds better products.

Flame on.

P.S. The S Tune is just plain insta-fast and furious RICE! Comes with stickaz too: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....0zstune_03.jpg
Its a sports car, not a Jaguar bud. If you're worried about what your colleagues are going to think when you get out of it then your looking at the wrong car. Your complaints about the car are not even things most people will consider. The typical demographics for a sports car in this price range are young men looking for a performance car, middle age men looking for a new image, women, and brand/model enthusiasts. Buisness execs that are really that worried about whether or not the car compliments their suit when they get out of the car every mornining typically are not buying a $30,000 sports car....
Old 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
london2012

The 350 is like Bond in a tux. The 370 is more like a midlife crisis statement.

In my opinion, I think the 370z is more like Bond in a tux than the 350z. I can't wait to own a black one with white leather seats. It's even got a leather wrapped center counsel and to someone with my income level, a very Bond like Push Start Button. Doesn't get anymore tux than that. lol
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Its a sports car, not a Jaguar bud. If you're worried about what your colleagues are going to think when you get out of it then your looking at the wrong car. Your complaints about the car are not even things most people will consider. The typical demographics for a sports car in this price range are young men looking for a performance car, middle age men looking for a new image, women, and brand/model enthusiasts. Buisness execs that are really that worried about whether or not the car compliments their suit when they get out of the car every mornining typically are not buying a $30,000 sports car....
Not worried about what the guys at the office will say, i just don't think that the car and a suit go well together and since i have to wear a suit to the office at least half of my working week - no 370z for me. But seriously, that wasn't my biggest rant. I didn't bold it, did i?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Bret86944

I didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me and now I like it a lot. Personally I think people are over reacting bigtime.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Hypnoz

This entire post is garbage.

By all non-emotional, objective measures the 370z is a superior car.

Engine, brakes, drivetrain, interior quality, acceleration, handling.

Get over it, no one cares that you don't "feel good" about it. And no one is going to debate your feelings with you.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Hanzo

The 350 is like Bond in a tux. The 370 is more like a midlife crisis statement.

They are both Arnold Swarchenegger not Bond. Sounds like you are having a midlife crisis yourself and want to talk yourself out of spending the extra cash for the new model. I don’t blame you, nothing wrong with saving some money.

Neither the 350 nor the 370 is elegant. If you want elegance get the G37 coupe. Z is a mucho butch sports car, nothing elegant about it.

Fenders that look like they were completely overinflated to the point where the car was pressed against the walls of the glass jar it was in. Reminds me of those horrible kittens in jars.

That's what a true sports car should look like. Big fenders to emphasis the 4 wheels hugging the ground with large rear end showing the power of the rear wheel drive.

The difference between the 350 and the 370 is the difference between the last Integra and the RSX.

You just sound like you don't like change.

The 370 is clearly a hairdresser's car. Yep, i said it. To some degree, some aspects of the 370 are a bit fruity.

No a hairdresser's car is a 350z convertible, mini cooper, and a miata.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:09 AM
RedBeauty84ZX

Not worried about what the guys at the office will say, i just don't think that the car and a suit go well together and since i have to wear a suit to the office at least half of my working week - no 370z for me. But seriously, that wasn't my biggest rant. I didn't bold it, did i?
Apparently you are worried, your entire post revolved around the image the new Z portrays to you. Its not as "suave" as the 350Z to you, ok. A lot of us think the 350Z wasnt near as "suave" as the Z32 was.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:12 AM
ZZtwatt

Flame on.

Then don't buy it foo.
simplypanda

People seem to be fighting over the 370z because one side thinks the Z should LOOK in a certain way. Some people think that the Z should Perform in a certain way. Thats the whole argument...people who want more style will probably think the 370z looks a bit off...people who think more about performance will actually like the 370z no matter what it looks like because it seems to performs like a true sports car. We won't know for sure until it comes out to the dealer floors. BTW I don't think the car looks all that bad, as I stated in some other threads I can't wait to see what the aftermarket companies has to offer for the 370z.
Turbonium

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Apparently you are worried, your entire post revolved around the image the new Z portrays to you. Its not as "suave" as the 350Z to you, ok. A lot of us think the 350Z wasnt near as "suave" as the Z32 was.
Damn, you got me. I confess, i want the car i'm driving to make a certain impression. Don't tell my parents.

Originally Posted by ZZtwatt
Then don't buy it foo.
You think? Somehow buying a car that does not appeal to me seems like a reasonable thing to do. But i will take your advice into consideration. Thanks.

Originally Posted by simplypanda
People seem to be fighting over the 370z because one side thinks the Z should LOOK in a certain way. Some people think that the Z should Perform in a certain way. Thats the whole argument...people who want more style will probably think the 370z looks a bit off...people who think more about performance will actually like the 370z no matter what it looks like because it seems to performs like a true sports car. We won't know for sure until it comes out to the dealer floors. BTW I don't think the car looks all that bad, as I stated in some other threads I can't wait to see what the aftermarket companies has to offer for the 370z.
That is exactly why i am pissed. I like the performance of the 370 (at least so far based on what we see in print). I would buy it in a heartbeat if it wasn't such a failure in terms of exterior design.

Originally Posted by Hanzo
No a hairdresser's car is a 350z convertible, mini cooper, and a miata.
err... those cars are for female hairdressers, what i was referring to was male hairdressers

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
Get over it, no one cares that you don't "feel good" about it. And no one is going to debate your feelings with you.
You just did.

Originally Posted by london2012
It's even got a leather wrapped center counsel and to someone with my income level, a very Bond like Push Start Button.
Push Start? Thats nuthin. I'm digging that huge airbag off warning light. I mean i can never stop wondering if my passenger seat airbag is off or not when i am driving. Now i get a friendly reminder. How cool is that? Thats Q Branch technology right there!

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Not another one of these stupid *** threads.

Go post your feelings in the thread dedicated to those that don't like the 370Z.
Thanks for the bump

Last edited by Turbonium; 12-03-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:14 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Not another one of these stupid *** threads.

Go post your feelings in the thread dedicated to those that don't like the 370Z.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Brick-Z

^^This shyt is getting old.

This car has grown on me alot
Old 12-03-2008, 11:17 AM
savvy

Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
BigRez
Banned

Default +1

i agree with turbonium, i went to the la auto show and was very dissapointed especially with the popping out boomerang lights that kill it, i really wanted to like the car, i really did

Last edited by BigRez; 12-03-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The mother of all insults