Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Change park light bulbs??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Anthony C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change park light bulbs??

OK, so i want to change my park light bulbs to whiter bulbs. right now the park lights are basic yellow halogen bulbs and it really clashes with the whiteness of the HID's...

anyone know what bulbs to swap in... i swung by Pepboys to see if they had anything in their ricer section but nothing that fit my roadster...

does anyone have a link to a set of bulbs i can just order off line or something?
Old 11-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Do a search!!!

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Here are my pics: LINK
More pics can be found here: Link
Ordered them from: http://www.v-leds.com/
I have: 2 HID White Inverted Cone Wedge Base LED (194/158/168) For the front headlampsand plate lights & 2 Hid White Super Refractor 15 LED Light Bulb (7443) for my reverse lights.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Anthony C

Do a search!!!

thanks for the links... and i DID a search ..... BUT the searches on this board arnet too narrow... i typed in park lights and got every title with the word "park" or "light" in them... totally irrelevant to what i was searching for... so calm your hormones buddy lol
Old 11-18-2006, 03:09 PM
myspivey

Originally Posted by Anthony C
thanks for the links... and i DID a search ..... BUT the searches on this board arnet too narrow... i typed in park lights and got every title with the word "park" or "light" in them... totally irrelevant to what i was searching for... so calm your hormones buddy lol
I might agree with him, try using some quotes, or maybe picking better search terms? Maybe even browse. If your really a quick one, go try a place that sells bulbs and most all of them link to the sylvania site that will list every bulb for our fine rides.... Least, thats how I found it...
Old 11-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by myspivey
I might agree with him, try using some quotes, or maybe picking better search terms? Maybe even browse. If your really a quick one, go try a place that sells bulbs and most all of them link to the sylvania site that will list every bulb for our fine rides.... Least, thats how I found it...

ok to clear up this "try searching" nonsense i see memebers post on EVERy forum im part of...

if you get angry enough to post in the thread to tell someone to search and need to point that out to them then dont even post in it cause its not contributing to a thread. and obviously it bothers you to have to remind someone to use the search feature, so save yourself the aching fingers of the 2 words and pass it by ..... let alone what someone could be searching for could be a long lost thread from months ago and other members may be interested in the same thing so its a refreshment of a topic that bumps it back to the top of the list.

and yea i did use quotes, im not new to the internet or forums.
and Robert K, ... thanks for the info and posting the links...exactly what i was looking for.... i ordered a set... thanks alot man....

Last edited by Anthony C; 11-18-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:00 PM
xedes

Are 168 bulbs the same as 194?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:41 PM
IGO202

Well said Anthony.......couldn't agree more!
Dan
Old 11-19-2006, 06:42 AM
maxpowers

Ha ha ha, stick around for a few years and wait until you see your question asked another 20 times

To answer your question, you take the front tires off, and remove the inner liner of the wheel well. The job is not as hard as it sounds. There is actually a really good thread on this with Pics, search for "wheel well liner removal" or somthing like that.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:51 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I swapped mine out without removing the front wheels. It would have been a lot easier to do if I had taken the wheels off as suggested. Whatever kind you buy, make sure they are good ones that will last so you won't be having to change them out every month.

I believe PIAA makes decent 194 hyperwhite halogen and LED bulbs that should be durable.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Anthony C

thanks guys... i bought a set that someone posted above...

lemme get this straight... you gotta remove the wheel well liner to removie the headlight housing???

im also thinking about baking my headlights and making the chrome black... i HATE chrome. or atleast make it gunmetal... ive baked a few headlights painted the housings black on my WRX as well as a few others... i see they sell a pair of black ones already for like $160 on ebay but that seems wayyy to cheap so im guessin the quality sucks... i mine as well do them myself since its nothign new to me... BUT does anybody have any experience with those headlights?? i would perfer not to rip mine apart and paint them since its a pain in the *** and takes a few hours, i would rather just buy ones done but im not about cutting corners and going the cheap way...
Old 12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
MDaniel22

I've seen a website that had chrome bulbs that would light up amber...It was evostlye or something like that does anyone know of that website?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:00 PM
MDaniel22

Ok. I could of sworn that I tried that...thanks.
It's not to bad to get to the bulbs after you remove the liner. If your lazy you dont have to take off the wheels just be prepared to twist around to get to them.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:56 AM
myspivey

You can get the same "evo" bulbs on ebay for like 2 bucks total. Much cheaper there. Not sure how they feel they can get away with 40 bucks.
And yes having done is several times, take the wheel off, it will make your life much much easier!!!!