Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Issue with Aftermarket Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:36 AM
MetallicZDriVer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with Aftermarket Seats

I have a Pair of Veilside Carbon Kevlar Buckets, while the top is up i put the driver seat in and the top gose up and down with no problem, but with the passenger side, once i disconnect the plug from under the seat the top dose not want to go down. The Tonneau opens but the top dose not move, and then the Air bag light comes on and then i would have to reset it. Those anybody know how can i bypass that...
Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 AM
myork

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That is because there is a connection in the PS seat that moves the seat forward/back when the top is in operation. You would have to bypass that circuit to trick the system into thinking that the connection is still there, but in the "cancel" mode (There is a switch on the back of the PS seat if you dont want the seat to move).

Search, I am sure someone has done the mod.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
MetallicZDriVer

Originally Posted by myork
That is because there is a connection in the PS seat that moves the seat forward/back when the top is in operation. You would have to bypass that circuit to trick the system into thinking that the connection is still there, but in the "cancel" mode (There is a switch on the back of the PS seat if you dont want the seat to move).

Search, I am sure someone has done the mod.
Thanks, i try'd it with the switch on cancel and the same thing keeps happening. I seen a members roadster pictures up here wit aftermarket seats and their top down, i know it can be done.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:26 PM
specialized5223

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did this. I got the lead from BamBam to seek out Noahzburnt. Then I figuered teh rest out on my own.

Basically the controllers under the passenger seat need to be removed from the seat and left under the aftermarket seat and remain plugged into the harness. When you pull them out, one of the wires (I'll look and see if I have any pics from way back then...) need to be grounded out to doop the system into thinking the seat is forward. Then it will work and it really is that simple. You will however still have an airbag light on. You need a Nismo Airbag Dummy Harness. They are rare. I only have one of the two so I still have the light on. I suppose I could sell mine...

Send me a PM to remind me sometime and I'll look for more picture. I may have already posted it in one of my old threads. Phreakdout may know as well. He is well versed amongst us roadsters...
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
MetallicZDriVer

Thanks, but pic's would definitely help.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by specialized5223
Phreakdout may know as well. He is well versed amongst us roadsters...
LOL - I was going to send him to you!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
MetallicZDriVer

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Lol, do you have Aftermarket seats?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:24 AM
specialized5223

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Haha, this guy...
Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by MetallicZDriVer
Lol, do you have Aftermarket seats?
LOL - No. Specialized5223 is the expert on this topic.

One day I'll get around to it. I just need to find seats I like, look good and fit a big guy like me. As much as I hate leather seats, I sure do like the heated seats on cool summer nights.

If I do go this route, I will probably strip the new seats and install aftermarket heater elements. Some luxuries I won't give up.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:49 AM
specialized5223

Corbeau has heating elements and wide fitting recliners. I may scoop a set for when I'm just around townin it...
Old 01-30-2010, 05:43 PM
ekelly36

You can take the car to Nissan, They can use the Consult2 to tell the ECU to stop reporting the Airbag code. It will probably cost you 100 bucks though. The dealership here will turn off any codes you want as long as they arent emissions related.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
NismoZR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MetallicZDriVer
I have a Pair of Veilside Carbon Kevlar Buckets, while the top is up i put the driver seat in and the top gose up and down with no problem, but with the passenger side, once i disconnect the plug from under the seat the top dose not want to go down. The Tonneau opens but the top dose not move, and then the Air bag light comes on and then i would have to reset it. Those anybody know how can i bypass that...
To bypass the air bag you would have to go to radio shack and get 1/4 Watt SKU# 271-1301 set of five solder all five together at each end wire into the yellow harness this way the air bag light won't come on. As for the passenger side you will have to remove the white box under the oem seat and remove all the harness from the seat keeping only the harness attach to your z this will allow your top open or close with no problem good luck. By the way what year is your z. Newer z has seat sensor if so let me know I'll tell you how bypass that.

Last edited by NismoZR; 01-31-2010 at 06:05 PM.