350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Tint On The Roadster - Issues And Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Loic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tint On The Roadster - Issues And Recommendations

I’m planning to “light” tint my windows but I have a couple of concerns:
- On the roadster, the windows are automatically sliding down 1/5 of an inch when opening the door. Is it going to be problem during the tint installation? The doors need to be open; therefore the windows will not be totally up….
- The access to the rear windows is pretty tight, is it an issue?
- I live in Pasadena, and had bad experience in the past with tint shop, I will really appreciate any recommendation in the LA area
I really like “light” tint, what is the lightest, but still noticeable, tint you guys have seen or used?

Thanks everybody
Old 03-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Bertg

I recommend Window Tints, Etc in Lawndale. I don't have their number now, but I can get it if you're interested. I just had my DB Coupe tinted a couple of days ago and it turned out great. I paid $140 for 6% for the fronts and 32 % in the rears. This shop has been around a long time and does excellent work. Don't worry about the windows, they push in the switch on the door jamb when installing the tint so it sits below the window line.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:45 PM
topdown-z

Talking Window Tinting

Just my 2 cents....

I had a light tint installed on my roadster. The installer removed the screw in the center of the door jamb button and the window remained up until he was done.

As far as the back window, he had one hell of a time because of the limited space to work in. He is a perfectionist and kept getting pissed off when the tint would pick up a piece of dust from something he bumped into while trying to slide the film into place. Here's how he solved the problem. he wet the film and then rolled it into a little tube then put it into place on one side and unrolled the tube into place. That way, it prevented the window film from coming into contact with something in the area and sticking on the film. I have talked to him since my installation and he says my roadster was the first one he had done (8/03) and now he rolls all of the film he installs on Z roadsters.

Happy Motoring............
Old 07-26-2004, 12:03 PM
maxpowers

Has anybody done 50% tint? How does it look? Too light?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Zcool

Default Re: Window Tinting

Originally posted by topdown-z
Just my 2 cents....

I had a light tint installed on my roadster. The installer removed the screw in the center of the door jamb button and the window remained up until he was done.

As far as the back window, he had one hell of a time because of the limited space to work in. He is a perfectionist and kept getting pissed off when the tint would pick up a piece of dust from something he bumped into while trying to slide the film into place. Here's how he solved the problem. he wet the film and then rolled it into a little tube then put it into place on one side and unrolled the tube into place. That way, it prevented the window film from coming into contact with something in the area and sticking on the film. I have talked to him since my installation and he says my roadster was the first one he had done (8/03) and now he rolls all of the film he installs on Z roadsters.

Hey Topdown, who did your tint, where is he located and how much did he charge? I'm in S. Cruz but would travel for a good job. Also, what percent tine did you get?
Old 07-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Zcool

Default Re: Window Tinting

Originally posted by topdown-z
Just my 2 cents....

Hey Topdown, who did your tint, where is he located and how much did he charge? I'm in S. Cruz but would travel for a good job. Also, what percent tint did you get?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:10 PM
SpyderGurl

Bertg

is it these guys ? I wanna see what they charge to have existing tint removed and re-tint.

Bertg, got any pics showin the tint

http://www.windowtints-lawndale.com/

Last edited by SpyderGurl; 07-26-2004 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Loic

Originally posted by maxpowers
Has anybody done 50% tint? How does it look? Too light?

Thanks
I putted 52% all around and I love it!
Old 07-26-2004, 09:58 PM
LemanZ

Man, I don't want to tint my roadster at all, I don't want while I park my car, some dude left their finger print on my windows, dats su*k
Old 07-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Loic

Originally posted by LemanZ
Man, I don't want to tint my roadster at all, I don't want while I park my car, some dude left their finger print on my windows, dats su*k
52% is a really light tint...