Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Newby Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 03:17 PM
TBatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby Questions

Hey everyone - I've been surfing this forum for awhile now and finally put down a deposit on my Roadster yesterday (black on black). I've been having trouble getting up the courage to actually do it, but was so hung over yesterday from Friday night that I just went ahead and did it.

I have a couple of probably stupid questions:

1. Extended warranty...ripoff?
2. Same goes for the protection package? Ripoff?

It felt like I was in that Seinfeld episode...warranty, protection package, surcharge, extra upcharge fee.....

Finally, I was really on the fence about getting a roadster. To be honest, I was thinking coupe if only because I live in Canada and the top will probably be up at least half the year, and I think the Z coupe looks so much sexier than the Roadster when the top is up. In the end, it was my choice of a LA/black interior coupe or the black/black roadster...has anyone here had any regrets about the convertible? Or any issues with the mechanics of the top (it looks to me like something that could break quite easily)?

Thanks all - I pick my car up on Saturday. I appreciate any input and I'll be posting pics of her as soon as I get it.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Buff

Congrats & welcome to the family!

I also have a roadster & live where I can only have the top down a few months of the year. (Norheastern OH)

As far as the extended warranty - I'd only get it if you plan on keeping the car stock.

The protection package IMHO is a ripoff. I'd have them install a clear bra if they have it available. Wax in rock chips on the SB do not look good.

I'm biased towards the black on black = beautiful, no problems with the top as of yet, but I've only had mine since October.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Rushguy

What he said.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:41 PM
TBatty

Originally posted by Rushguy
What he said.
Damn - that's the exact same Z...I think I made the right choice now. Any problems keeping the black paint clean?
Old 03-14-2004, 05:05 PM
BIGDAWG75

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TBatty
Damn - that's the exact same Z...I think I made the right choice now. Any problems keeping the black paint clean? [/QUO

TE

Welcome aboard!
Old 03-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Rushguy

Depends how hardcore you are, most of these guys are into Zaino products and if your like them keeping your ride clean is almost a full time job. I have a detailing company come out and wash it once a week and it gets waxed once a month. I used to be a fanatic with other cars in the past, carrying around a polishing cloth and cleaners. If a bug hit my window I would have to pull over and clean it off asap. Here in Orlando 1 wash a week keeps it shining til the next week, just pollen starts to cover it this time of year.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Buff

I think it would help to define what you mean by clean - lol!

I love the SB & wouldn't change for the world, but I'd say she's only "clean" for a few minutes after her bath. As far as detailing goes - I am a member of the Zaino "cult". I've never used a product that is so easy, 30min. to apply & 20 min. to remove. The results are astounding. The more coats the better it looks & it has this intoxicating smell - mmmmmmzaino!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:22 PM
TBatty

So the dealer calls me up today and tells me that a buyer has backed out and the car I originally wanted (hardtop 6spd LA/black leather) is now available.

I tell him no thanks, I'm now sold on the black-black roadster. He spends 10 minutes stumbling around the issue telling me he thought I was only settling for that because I would otherwise have to wait a couple months for my first choice, and finally comes out with the nice fact that he sold my roadster after finding out he could get me the LA coupe.

Nice stuff.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:50 PM
harester

go for it, feels like heaven
Old 04-14-2004, 04:41 PM
hsdavis

You put the deposit down first, it's your car. If the rosdster was not picked up yet, I would insist that this stupid sales rep call the second buyer and give THEM the bad news. Don't be a door mat for this idiot.

By the way, I have had the Roadster since February, and just love the hell out of it. Go fight for it, and don't take no for an answer. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:02 PM
ThreeFitty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely get the roadster, I have my top down even when its 50 degrees outside. You don't get much wind in the cabin with the windows up, as a matter of fact as long as its not raining the top is down......Gotta pimp it. And if that dealership sold your roadster I would take my buisness elsewhere, don't give them the sale!!