Bostons or Focals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 01:26 PM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 low Z
LS350Z,

Where's a good shop on Cincy? I'm down by CVG.

HereÃÔ the dilemma, IÃ×e decided to go with the pair of W6ÃÔ. As far as components, IÃÎ leaning toward the Pros. IÃ×e been a long time Boston guy, I actually had the last set of pros for almost 8 years and loved them and I hear the new pros blow them out of the water.

I currently have the JL 300/4 and 500/1. Although I have had good luck with them, IÃÎ looking for a bit more power for the comps. I keep hearing good things about Zapco, and IÃ×e heard how clean they are even compared to the JLs.

IÃÎ not sure if I should get the Pro60s and call it a day, or go with the Zapco amps and get the Pros or a different set of components.

I pretty much ruled out the Focals, a little bright for my taste.
I use to go solely to Carl's Stereo on Wheels in Montgomery but then they stopped carring Boston. For Zapco & Xtant I still go to them.

Spade's Kreations in Forest Park is the best shop in town hand's down (and one of the best install shops in the states) but only stock Kicker, JL & Alpine although they can get a lot more.

Xtreme Audio down on Queen City carries Boston and are my current Boston dealer & Eclipse dealer. I can get Eclipse through Spades though now.

Audio Advantage in Colrain is also a great dealer and sponser my friend and his SPL van. I've bought a lot of stuff from them.

Hit me up with a PM sometime - I'd like to hear your stereo and if you'd like you can hear mine as well. I don't bring my Z out though in rainy weather. I'm just across the river in the Western Hills area so we're not to far away.