Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics
View Poll Results: Have You Lost Subwoofer Bass after Bose Amp Replacement?
Yes
43.06%
No
20.83%
Haven't swapped out the amp yet
36.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Loss of Bass after Bose Amp Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 01:20 PM
jelledge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of Bass after Bose Amp Replacement?

Have you lost the bass response from the subwoofer after getting your bose amp replaced?
Old 12-04-2002, 02:02 PM
STLZ
Banned

The bass has drop. But the highs and mids are up. I can hear the words better instead of all this distorted bass in my head
Old 12-04-2002, 02:09 PM
TWK

much better after replacement

Still not as good as i originally thought it would be
Old 12-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Todd

Originally posted by TWK
much better after replacement

Still not as good as i originally thought it would be

Ditto!
Old 12-04-2002, 03:40 PM
MELRUMMY

Default Bose is Good but I am Old!

Had Bose repaired yesterday and now the base can be adjusted to my comfort level. My ears aren't the best so I am very satisfied.

Z plate to come GZZZZRGZZZZR GZZZZR

Keep on Z'n Still Jumpin' for Joy!!
Old 12-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Autobahn

I voted "NO" but it's teally not a yes or no question. I got rid of the "booming base" problem I had with the radio but yes overall there is a decrease in base response. One thing I thought was weird from the start is that the booming affected the radio much more than the CD. It supprised me that the Bose amp somehow had seperate feeds for the CD and radio or maybe the problem was in the head unit and the amp had to be redesigned to compensate somehow. In any case after replacing the amp the CD doesn't have a lot of base but still sounds okay. The radio has a little more than the CD. I think the still need to fiddle with it. One think by installer told me is that sometimes with these fixes they continue to make changes. He said sometimes it's better to wait awhile to let them get the bugs out. It would be good if there was someway of tracking to see if there is like a rev1, followed by a rev2 amp mod over time but the tech said they will just keep using the same part number. We should probably as a group try to keep track of this directly with Nissan/Bose/Clarion.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:28 PM
brackethead

I voted Yes, but I agree with what's been said here already. The bass is not overwhelming now, but still is more boosted for the radio than the CD changer. For CD's, it depends -- I've noticed some sound muddy and just too middy and bassy overall, while others have a nice punchy bass, and others hardly any.

I'm happy with the fix. I'm underwhelmed with the "upgraded" Bose system, though. (Although the in-dash 6-CD is great.)
Old 12-04-2002, 09:00 PM
troutfishin02

I think every CD in my changer is a mix that I burned, so that affects sound quality, I haven't had the "fix" yet, but now I'm wondering if I even should - the CD's sound pretty damn good for the most part - the radio is really crappy - I didn't know the "fix" was going to be yet another trade-off (ie the radio is better but the CD isn't as good)....
Damn.
My new amp is on order, I'm wondering now if I shouldn't wait for a possible "rev 2".
Otherwise, I still love this car.
DB Touring 6MT, 4k miles.
Peace.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:37 AM
jelledge

Default Thanks for the input

Yeah I guess I should have clarified the bass response a little more. Before the amp replacement I thought the CD was great for bass response and radio was way to high. Now it seems
to me that the radio is barely adequate and the CD is way too low. I mean it is a subwoffer and I can barely even tell it comes on when playing CD's.

I have even tried some rap CD's with the hard hitting bass. Funny thing is I went to my local dealer who has a touring in the showroom and its bass is much better. I guess I will either live with it or replace the subwoffer amp by itself.

Cheers
Old 12-08-2002, 11:21 AM
N74DV

one thing I've noticed after doing the amp TSB.... treble and bass controls have almost no effect whatsoever.

this is pathetic.

we all need to contact 1.800.nissan.1 and get this resolved. My Ford Ranger stock system sounds better.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:52 PM
iboost

Originally posted by N74DV
one thing I've noticed after doing the amp TSB.... treble and bass controls have almost no effect whatsoever.
You beat me to it... this is precisely what I was going to add to the thread. The only real noticeable differences after the amp replacement are... more audible/clearer mid's and high's and neutered bass. Fader still works to fine-tune *cough* what little we have left of a system, but other than that, the amp replacement seemed to be a hasty fix to a poorly designed system. I have no doubts that future touring models will receive tweaked amps, but if what Autobahn says is true about recycling the same part #, then we really might not know of revisions or newer amp models that Nissan may decide to install unless we as a group probe further.

-iboost
Old 12-11-2002, 09:56 AM
KDsZ

Judging from the number of dissatified customers who had the fix done, I am waiting until Nissan gets a little more data. My bass is goofy on the radio, but is not that bad with the CD. Since I listen to the CD the most, it doesn't bother me. I'll wait..
Old 06-08-2003, 07:02 PM
DarthSimon

Pull that Frisbe sized sub out of there, and replace it with a real sub speaker.... The Included Bose sub and amp are a joke... The Sub is 1 inch thick, and made of almost all paper, and the amp is size of a pack of cigarettes.......

I put a Rockford Fosgate sub speaker, as well as a matching Rock. F amp in there. The Sub fit perfectly, and there is plenty of room in that space to mount a real amp....

Good Luck guys!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 08:26 AM
SteveZ

Originally posted by DarthSimon
Pull that Frisbe sized sub out of there, and replace it with a real sub speaker.... The Included Bose sub and amp are a joke... The Sub is 1 inch thick, and made of almost all paper, and the amp is size of a pack of cigarettes.......

I put a Rockford Fosgate sub speaker, as well as a matching Rock. F amp in there. The Sub fit perfectly, and there is plenty of room in that space to mount a real amp....

Good Luck guys!!!
1. where is the "stock" sub mounted (I have a Base Z w/o the Bose)
2. have u noticed problems with the resonance in the doors? they seem to be a source of distortion for the door-mounted speakers at higher vol.
SteveZ
mailto:superblackz@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails Loss of Bass after Bose Amp Replacement?-myz.jpeg  
Old 06-22-2003, 09:33 AM
sean6tt

Everyone that doesnot like the bose or is not completely satisfied with it should call their local dealership or white a letter of complaint to nissan! find address and number at their website. If they recieve enough complaints, like how people complained bout the navigation door cover, then they will fix it for good.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:17 PM
jonghj

BOSE ~!!! Please fix this problem.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Sinful

I have had my 350z about a month now and i have noticed that the bass seems more powerful sometimes and less at others. took the car in today for the tire feathering, hopefully they replace the tires and we can see how far off the alignment was.

also i found out that they recalled the bose amp and we will see what they do about that.

and im also getting my window motors looked at because they leave streaks on teh windows. not to mention my driver window when put in auto up mode. goes all the way up and then comes half way down!! intermittenly tho.

we will see.