Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Escobar

Received 154 Likes on 128 Posts
Question Alarm

I am thinking about getting an alarm and was wondering which are good? I have a coupe, I really only wanna spend under $400.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
iwantaz123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default viper alarm

i have a viper alarm, the 791xv, if you search online you can get it for about 225 plus about 225 for installation, AWESOME setup, there is remote start, turbo timer, 3stage shock sensor, and MANY more features, love it, IMO
Old 07-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Escobar
I am thinking about getting an alarm and was wondering which are good? I have a coupe, I really only wanna spend under $400.

When was the last time you heard a car alarm go off? Yesterday? The day before? 2 hours ago? When was the last time you called the police about a strangers car alarm going off?

I wouldn't bother spending a lot of $$$ on one. A simple one that registers voltage drops, has a tilt sensor and a shock sensor will do. One with a paging system would be a nice feature if they're not too much and if you are in the range of the signal and feel like fighting the guys messing with your ride.

People actually get irritated when alarms go off and go out of there way to ignore who set it off. Most likely the only people who would ever call the cops if/when your alarm goes off, are your immidiate neighbors, your family or you.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 PM
iwantaz123

the viper alarm tells you when the alarm is going off, so IF somebody is breaking into your car or messing with it, it alerts you from 2 miles away (aka in your house), so it helps a lot. AND if somebody is breaking into your car and it is SUPER loud, i dont think they will sit and steal your stuff with that loud of an alarm, IMO
Old 07-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the Viper Alarm

a friend of mine has it and he loves it, I don't have any at the moment besides the factory, but if I was to get one, that would be my choice.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iwantaz123
the viper alarm tells you when the alarm is going off, so IF somebody is breaking into your car or messing with it, it alerts you from 2 miles away (aka in your house), so it helps a lot. AND if somebody is breaking into your car and it is SUPER loud, i dont think they will sit and steal your stuff with that loud of an alarm, IMO

That Viper alarm sounds like it would do the trick.

In my other post it kinda sounded like I was saying I wouldn't have an alarm, which I will, when/if, I get my Z. The thing is alarms don't help me out in what concerns me as much as theft and that's door dings and vandalizm.

No alarm can stop an egg or rock from being thrown at the car or protect it from a carless person parked next to me, flinging their door open, with no care in the world about their $350 beater Ford Pinto, with Neon green license plate frames and matching imitation roof mount cell antenna cira 1989 of course. Somewhere in here I could let the word Immigration slip out but I won't go there.

Vandalizm and theft are 2 reasons why I am still not 100% sure about getting a really nice hot car (Z). I mean how much fun can I really have owning it, if I am always worried about my car getting screwed with. Kinda takes the fun out of having a nice car. I know that's what insurance is for but there are always deductables that come out of my own pocket, whether it's $250, $500 or $1,000

I like nice things and take care of my stuff, but I don't like loosing sleep over worrying about them.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:11 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your worried about door dings then dont park your car anywhere but at your house, they will happen no matter what, unfortunately
Old 07-27-2005, 09:59 PM
iheartZ

Originally Posted by Chad68
When was the last time you heard a car alarm go off? Yesterday? The day before? 2 hours ago? When was the last time you called the police about a strangers car alarm going off?

I wouldn't bother spending a lot of $$$ on one. A simple one that registers voltage drops, has a tilt sensor and a shock sensor will do. One with a paging system would be a nice feature if they're not too much and if you are in the range of the signal and feel like fighting the guys messing with your ride.

People actually get irritated when alarms go off and go out of there way to ignore who set it off. Most likely the only people who would ever call the cops if/when your alarm goes off, are your immidiate neighbors, your family or you.
an alarm doesnt go off so people around can hear it and call the cops for you, it goes off to scare the dirty bastard trying to mess with your car...
Old 07-28-2005, 06:23 AM
03Black350Z

Originally Posted by iwantaz123
i have a viper alarm, the 791xv, if you search online you can get it for about 225 plus about 225 for installation, AWESOME setup, there is remote start, turbo timer, 3stage shock sensor, and MANY more features, love it, IMO
What website did you buy yours from? Im looking into buying one. THANKS!