Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Spoke To A Bose Representative

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 06:10 PM
ppw350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoke To A Bose Representative

I spoke with a bose representative today! I was not very impressed with her level of professionalism. She straight up told me she has no clue what they are doing to fix the anomily aside from a refurbished clarion amplifier. She also explained to me a lot of people have been bashing Bose and it's hurting their ego. More or less, she said there are a lot of 350Z websites and they are just simply bashing Bose. The Z owners are not giving Bose an opportunity to respond to this anomily. I told her I've had my car for over a month now. I e-mailed their company over as soon as a I got my car and never recieved and e-mail back. She said she would find out all she can and give me a call back by the end of the day. Did I recieve a call back from Bose NOPE!!!! I'm completely dissappointed with them and furthermore I'm not going to purchase my in home acoustic 6.1 system from them. So Bose you can shove it!!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 07:46 AM
tbob

They have had the amp change in effect since the end of september, how much more time do they need to identify the other "anomaly"?
Old 01-10-2003, 09:00 AM
mattvols

I sent Bose an e-mail one month ago and left a phone message then too. I did not receive a call back either. Likewise, I will not purchase my home surround sound from them either. I guess they just don't care because they already have our money from Nissan. Nissan needs to be the one's contacting them on the owner's behalf anyways because they approved this crappy system for the cars! I guess they don't care either?
Old 01-10-2003, 12:09 PM
ppw350Z

mattvols your situation sounds painfully similar to mine. like i wrote yesterday the Bose Representative said she would call me back yesterday, she did not. it's now 4 pm on friday i'm assuming Bose is closing soon, so they will leave me hanging for yet another week. i'm 100% sure i will not be purchasing anything with the name bose on it. the company tech support sucks and so do their products. i will not let this rest first thing monday i will be on the phone with bose again!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 03:41 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

There is better performing equipment at better prices than Bose stuff for your home system. I wouldn't avoid them because of the car, I'd avoid them because of what you are getting
Old 01-10-2003, 04:36 PM
ppw350Z

Originally posted by MannishBoy
There is better performing equipment at better prices than Bose stuff for your home system. I wouldn't avoid them because of the car, I'd avoid them because of what you are getting
what do you suggest? i'm new to the home audio department and i want something of a good quality. it's for my living room whicih is not very large it's 12' by 14'. so something that is on point for about the same price as the bose audio pilot 6.1 which was about $1100.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:15 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

NHT makes some good, inexpensive speakers that would equate with the smaller Bose systems. There are many others I would rate above Bose for the money. I've also heard good things about Athena speakers being a great buy for smaller systems (never heard them, though). Then, there are Paradigms

There are plenty of good brands out there at reasonable prices. Just shop around at good stores to here what is out there. Bose has great marketing that makes people believe their decent speakers are better than they really are, IMO.

Here is a site with some reviews on some good inexpensive stuff.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:25 PM
sands

First, let me say for the same money you can get a better sounding system than the BOSE. Most of BOSE's cost is in their marketing.

Originally posted by ppw350Z
what do you suggest? i'm new to the home audio department and i want something of a good quality. it's for my living room whicih is not very large it's 12' by 14'. so something that is on point for about the same price as the bose audio pilot 6.1 which was about $1100.
A few of forums/sites to visit are:
www.cheaphometheater.com
www.hometheaterforum.com
www.avsforum.com
www.hometheaterspot.com

My setup is Boston Acoustics with a Sony SA-WM40 sub. You can pick up that sub for $200 on sale and it outperforms subs in the 300-400 range. This sub is more of Home Theater sub than a music sub, so take that into consideration if you are also going to listen to a lot of music on your system.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:45 PM
jooklum99

Originally posted by ppw350Z

If you have the money Klipsch has great bang for the buck. I promise you will love what you hear. It will make you forget Bose.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:09 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Actually, I've got Klipsch myself. Horns aren't for everybody, but I love my RF series speakers with KSW15 sub

They are probably a bit big for what he is needing and more than he is talking about price wise.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:17 PM
ppw350Z

thanks guys i really appreciate the suggestions!