Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anyone taken this off yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Mr Fairlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone taken this off yet?

I'm lookin to get a little sub or something just for some extra Punch--I love the stock stereo(non-BOSE) and I think its great,..the high/bass is smooth and normally really loud,..they sound great.If you look in my sig-you might be able to tell what kinda of music I do listen to(heres a clue---its not light its_____)but like punchy Bass not stunna Wrex n' Effex/Nemesis stuff(hahahah-Munchies for your Bass-for you OldSkoolaz)

either way,..the panel behind the driver seat I know normally holds the Grill and the Sub for the bose 10"--but anyone that dosen't have a BOSE sub seen back there,..does it just pop off like a door panel(w/ little poppies) does?
Is there a lot of ******** back there! I don't wanna break nothing and find out theres no room back there for a jug of milk?

I will probably construct a box to hold a Kicker solobaric and buy the rear panel from courtesyparts.com for $5 to look half way decent--but something that uses no airspace becasue it seems like it will be tight squeeze--or just throw a little sub or sas bazooka in there and leave it be since it will be hindn'??

what do ya think---I like to feel it kick al la' double bass/kick drum bass--so behind the seat would be perfect if do able?
Old 02-05-2003, 03:23 PM
rouxeny

Search thru the A/V forum and your questions will be answered.

Just to get to the point, there is a lot of space back there if you don't have a Bose sub.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:07 AM
j's350z

And you CAN'T fit a 10" L7... learned the hard way....
Old 02-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Zaphod 350z

You can fit a family of midgets behind that panel. That whole console behind the seat is hollow. In all serious I estimate there is 3 - 4 cubic feet of space behind that panel. You can pull it off with your fingers.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Mr Fairlady

Thanx guys!
SO a 10 won't fit back there you say,.but others say it will,..hmmm...I guess I get a little SAS bazooka and throw it back there! and the amp in the other Glove box!!!!

I'll make that bastard fit,..after seeing how phat the other custom boxes I've seen on the other threads---that takes away too much room in an already small trunked car--excepot the one that sits against the rear trunk panel,..but thats too far away from me(driver)--wanna feel that **** on my back punchin(Kick drums)hahahah

Thanx all!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 02:11 PM
kly

I think the infiniti sub link would be a good match for the stock system. It has pretty tight bass imho. not booming 808 kick drum bass. have you faded to the back speakers. seems like there could be some improvement made there. I also don't care for the sound that comes from the front tweeters.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:30 PM
jnifong

---Munchies for your Bass

haha i probably still have that tape somewhere. might have to dig it up. But I was thinking about doing the bazooka thing too. My car's on the way so I can't break out the ruller to measure the trunk area...from from what I've see, if you're looking into the car from the back, trunk open, you have open trunk space, then the rear stabilizer bar (that cuts the trunk in half with columns that run down the left and right side of the trunk area, then just behind ti (going towards the front of the car), there a little open space between the columns and the divider area that separates the trunk are from the cockpit. I'm wondering if there is space enough between there to tuck a 10" tube on the left or right corners, mounted crossways? or hell even one on either side? Plus with them being pretty small and black, they're easy to hide. my thing with elaborate, show quality systems is, since you can walk by and look right into the truck, the "wrong" people may decide they like what they see and want what you have..right from your car. I've had my stuff ripped off 1 time...i want that to be the last. So these tubes would hide well, plus alow a little truck space.

jon
Old 02-06-2003, 05:30 PM
ATL350Z

From what I have gathered on this site, most people that have tried putting a sub in the stock location have not been all that pleased with the sound. Having the sub all the way in the rear really lets the wave "form" properly, and tends to give a deeper and fuller bass note.

It is possible to get a sub back there without sacrificing too much space, but you might have to give up your spare like I did. I got a 12W3V2 back there and only had to raise the floor an inch. The sound out of the Z hatch is amazing, and the bass is better than some systems I have had that were based on 15"s.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:37 PM
ProjectGoose

ATL350Z - I must say, BEE-YOO-TIFUL sound setup, my friend! That is basically exactly what i am planning to do, right down to the HU. How do you like your setup (and more specifically, the HU)? Are you done? any more?