Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Will aftermarket subs with BOSE=GOOD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:49 PM
zagadinow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will aftermarket subs with BOSE=GOOD?

I've been thinking over and over what to do to my sound system. I have a new 06' with the Bose sound system. I was going to get a dvd player, and 6.5" screen but then I thought what about some subs. Will some like 2 -10's or 12's on the stock BOSE system sound good? Or should I just replace the entire Bose sound system? I hate to replace it because it would seem like a waste but I also like a good sound system. The Bose is okay but I the sound of bass but I'm also not the boom boom kind of person. I just want to have a little sound and floss ever now and again. Please Help?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zagadinow
I've been thinking over and over what to do to my sound system. I have a new 06' with the Bose sound system. I was going to get a dvd player, and 6.5" screen but then I thought what about some subs. Will some like 2 -10's or 12's on the stock BOSE system sound good? Or should I just replace the entire Bose sound system? I hate to replace it because it would seem like a waste but I also like a good sound system. The Bose is okay but I the sound of bass but I'm also not the boom boom kind of person. I just want to have a little sound and floss ever now and again. Please Help?
I believe the Ohms the Bose amp outputs are lower than other subs need...

Danny
Old 05-15-2006, 08:29 PM
zagadinow

I am getting an amp for the subs. I am just wondering if anyone has already added subs to their Bose system and how does it sound?

So basically the main question I'm asking is, aside from the Bose system, if you add subs and an amp to the existing system will it sound good?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Sensation350Z

When I had my Z, I did this. I had 2 10" type R`s with a 1600 watt amp [along with the Bose], and it sounded great.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
2fast4thelaw

Default Factory System with Aftermarket Sub

If the stock sound system sounds pretty good on its own than you can definitly use it as a foundation for a great sounding system. Here is what to do first.

Disconnect the stock sub. Do not attempt to use the stock sub amplifier.

Get yourself a high quality speaker level converter. Do not cheap out on this component or you will get noise. What you want to get is a Soundgate converter. They are hands down the best you can buy!

Buy a decent amplifier around 200 to 400 watts and nice 10" sub and you will have a damn decent sound system.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:02 AM
JimRHIT

Hmmmm .... so let me get this straight

Will some like 2 -10's or 12's on the stock BOSE system sound good
but

but I'm also not the boom boom kind of person.
and then ..

I just want to have a little sound and floss ever now and again.
So you are not a boom-boom guy, but you want a pair of 12s just so you can "floss" every now and again ..... I'd don't quite follow the logic ..

/end sarcasm

Honestly, it'll sound great for what you are wanting to do. You best bet would be the Zenclosures box for a pair of 10s off ebay and a pair of Alpine 10" R subs. Throw em ~600W and itll sound great.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:14 PM
2fast4thelaw

I give 2 thumbs up for Alpine Type-r's, they are the best sounding sub out there for the money, especially if you buy them on ebay. I have one and it sounds almost indestigushible between my old JL Audio 10-W6 sub that I replaced it with. The foam surround rotted out on me but hell it lasted for 8 years.

I am a single sub kind of guy because a single sub just sounds cleaner to me than a pair, expecially if you keep it at 4 ohms.

I think the Zenclosure is the best option I have seen for a subwoofer box for this car. It seems to look really good in this car.

I am going to see if the guy who makes the Zenclosure will make me a box for a single 10 but larger air volume so I can port it. I love the smooth, ultra deep bass from a ported enclosure.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:48 PM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Alpine Type-X's are even better sounding the Type-R's. All youd really need is a good strong single sub. Size 10", 10s will give you a nice tight bass.
As for power, A Type-X is 1000watt rated and 3000watt peak, use a amp that is rated at 1000watt 2ohm load.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:52 PM
ericjackson

if you are a big music person, it will sound like ****. BUT if you are never around a great sounding system, it will sound great to you.

bose is **** no matter what, its just better than other *factory* sound systems.

but im serious, it will sound ok to you, but if you were ever to buy a good quality system, you will be like what the hell was i thinking
Old 05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
zagadinow

Thank you everyone for information and ADVICES yes I wrote ADVICES because Arnold did it in Pumpinh Iron and then became a movie star then governor.

Anyway, I am quite familiar with how a high quality sound system should sound like and that's why I am pulled in a few different directions. I could spend loads getting a top shelf system but then my funds would run low as I'm trying to get some Volk Challenge SF and a Buddy Club Wide Body kit. So, I decided to just get some subs.

Now, I'm trying to figure out what's the best sub and amp to get now.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

just get some bazoooka tubes
Old 05-16-2006, 07:25 PM
ericjackson

you should look into memphis car audio because they have great sound and damn good prices. but not everywhere is a dealer and they dont sell online
Old 05-17-2006, 06:45 AM
zagadinow

I will thanks.