Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need help! plz I do not know ware to hook up my amp remote wire!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:03 PM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Need help! plz I do not know ware to hook up my amp remote wire!

Hi guys, I got my system all installed and ready to go but my amp failed to turn on. I've cheked all conections and wires and I got it down to my amp remote wire. My capacitore is working so i know the power and ground are good. I guess my question is:

1. does my amp remote wire hook up to my HU directly or to my wiring harness?

2. How can i turn on an amp manually on witout a remote wire signal? is this posible?

my wiring harness has a blue wire that says remote but it would make more sence if it hooked up to the HU since it turns on the amp when its on.

Anyway I read my HU user manual and wiring diagram and there is nothing to hook up the amp remote wire from my amp into. My second option would be to somehow tell my amp to turn on without my HU telling it to, it this posible?

Please all you knowledgable people help me turn my amp on. If you guys think its something els tell me that too. Thanks ahead of time
Old 09-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Ichigo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are using the factory amp, hook it up from the wire harness to the headunit. If you are using your own amp hook the heaunit remote wire to your amps remote terminal. You could add a switch (double pull/double throw?)to interupt that remote signal so you could have manual control over turning the amp on and off.

I never put an ohm meter on a remote wire to see what kind of voltage it puts out, but I think you want to avoid running a 12v wire and switch to it to turn on the amp. Maybe another member can enlighten on the remote wire voltage?

Last edited by Ichigo; 09-16-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:17 PM
smilecarlos

both your car and you head unit have remote wires, on your car its an acc which gives power only when the ignition is turned, this is how your headunit turns on, your headunit also has a wire (usually blue with a white stripe) that you need to connect a wire to and run to your amp (remote in) this way your amp turns on when you turn on your head unit, there are easy ways to by pass this but i dont recommend it as you dont want your amp always on.
hope this help
Old 09-16-2006, 05:33 PM
MUZZY

Im using a after market amp. Ok I guess this is my problem, I do not have a remote wire hook up on my HU. So what do I do? What is the bypass to turn on my amp? What actually goes trough the remote wire? 12v? If so ill just hook power to it trough a switch that I can turn on and off. Thanks for your responce but my problem still exist I know now that its 100% remote wire is not working and I need to turn on ramp. Again my HU dosnt have a remote wire hook up (Witch is stupid).
Old 09-16-2006, 05:37 PM
MUZZY

Originally Posted by smilecarlos
both your car and you head unit have remote wires, on your car its an acc which gives power only when the ignition is turned, this is how your headunit turns on, your headunit also has a wire (usually blue with a white stripe) that you need to connect a wire to and run to your amp (remote in) this way your amp turns on when you turn on your head unit, there are easy ways to by pass this but i dont recommend it as you dont want your amp always on.
hope this help

Need to bypass this, thanks for the lead. 3pl cheked my HU it dosnt have a rmote wire connection as I said above.

Anyone els with any insight!? I want to see/hear my FREAKING AWSOME 2.4k watt setup!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:28 PM
MUZZY

ok i did some reasearch and ppl on other forums have said that they you can just connect it to your 12v power for your HU, and it will turn on same time as the HU since there is no power in the line till you turn the ignition. Is this correct? can someone shed more light on this subject please? thanks allot guys.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:42 PM
MUZZY

Problem solved! the remote wire is a 12v wire loop, just tied it into ignition power wire and installed a switch and the whole system was good to go. just need to install the 7" screen now. this thread can now be closed, problem solved.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Zrated

Good! I was going to suggest tapping into the Cig lighter 12v and wiring in an acc. relay.