Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 AM
daverx7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the 7100 with BT, Sirius, and iPod options several months ago on this GREAT deal.

It sometimes seems to think that it cannot find either (rarely both at the same time) the Sirius or iPod. It will allow me to select it from the main screen but will not function correctly (i.e. select a station or control the iPod) from there. The only workaround is to turn the car off and back on and some times that will allow it to work.

At first this was not that big of a deal, but lately I am finding that it is happening a little more frequently.

Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

-Dave
Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daverx7
I got the 7100 with BT, Sirius, and iPod options several months ago on this GREAT deal.

It sometimes seems to think that it cannot find either (rarely both at the same time) the Sirius or iPod. It will allow me to select it from the main screen but will not function correctly (i.e. select a station or control the iPod) from there. The only workaround is to turn the car off and back on and some times that will allow it to work.

At first this was not that big of a deal, but lately I am finding that it is happening a little more frequently.

Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

-Dave
If you reset the unit it should clear things up for you.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
LAKERSFAN

Wow

I just contacted Garmin about getting a map update. $140.00

I figured you just download it off a website or something.

The software ver updates are free it seems. But map updates are not.

Just wanted to throw that out there for people who didnt know.

Still contemplating if the map update is worth it.................
Will be updating my software version tomorrow. (but doest seem like any significant changes except for the day light savings update.)
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM
solemnuz1

Originally Posted by Nazar
Bluetooth onth e7100 is for the Phone only. It will not integrate with a Bluetoth camera.

However you can use a wired camera and hook it up to the Video In input.

Wiring it up should be an easy task.
Thanks for the response. Shoot me a pm whenever you can with the price for the system and the steering wheel adapter, ipod adapter, the bluetooth adapter accessories if possible.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
krouchchocolate

i was just wondering does this unit lag when you have a mp3 cd in the unit? Lag meaning that it lags when you try to stroll thru the music, go to the next track. Things like that.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:49 PM
cbr900son

Originally Posted by krouchchocolate
i was just wondering does this unit lag when you have a mp3 cd in the unit? Lag meaning that it lags when you try to stroll thru the music, go to the next track. Things like that.
I havnt experienced any but honestly i play majority of my music from radio or a 2 gig thumbdrive.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 AM
ratm68

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
Wow

I just contacted Garmin about getting a map update. $140.00

I figured you just download it off a website or something.

The software ver updates are free it seems. But map updates are not.

Just wanted to throw that out there for people who didnt know.

Still contemplating if the map update is worth it.................
Will be updating my software version tomorrow. (but doest seem like any significant changes except for the day light savings update.)

I'd like to know if anybody updated their map and if its worth it. I think the fact that they don't really list too much details as to what upgrade comes with it, make it seem not worth the money to upgrade.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I saw an ad in the Sunday paper, either Best Buy or CompUSA, but they were selling the 2008 update map for about $69
Old 12-12-2007, 09:30 AM
ratm68

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
I saw an ad in the Sunday paper, either Best Buy or CompUSA, but they were selling the 2008 update map for about $69
I see them online for pretty cheap as well. But they all only list garmin hand-held gps units and never list any of the kenwoods. All they all compatible with each other? Can someone confirm this.

Also, does this unit only work with Ipod video and Nano? I can't seem to get my 60g regular music ipod to connect to the unit, it keep saying "disconnected".

Last edited by ratm68; 12-13-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:19 AM
twinship

Originally Posted by THE TECH
I've added custom wallpapers to mine, but you will never really see the entire thing as far as I can tell as long as you are using the device.
Can someone help me with this...?

The manual indicates that background images must be uploaded via USB. But the USB port is at the back of the unit. Does that mean that you must pull the unit out of the dash, to access the USB port and add images?

I have my 7100 set up with the iPod cable... can I copy images to the iPod, and from there to the 7100?

Thx for any help with this!
Old 12-25-2007, 07:35 AM
djnc

i'd like to point out that this unit is $895 shipped on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-DNX710...8600448&sr=8-1

got mine for $915 shipped a few months ago
Old 12-25-2007, 10:03 AM
fizmixa

is there going to be a software update to allow this unit to control the iphone?
Old 12-25-2007, 03:30 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by twinship
Can someone help me with this...?

The manual indicates that background images must be uploaded via USB. But the USB port is at the back of the unit. Does that mean that you must pull the unit out of the dash, to access the USB port and add images?

I have my 7100 set up with the iPod cable... can I copy images to the iPod, and from there to the 7100?

Thx for any help with this!
The USB cable comes out the back of the unit, when you install the unit, you have to run the cable to a location that is accessable, like in the cubby above the unit.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 AM
twinship

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
The USB cable comes out the back of the unit, when you install the unit, you have to run the cable to a location that is accessable, like in the cubby above the unit.
Thx!

I had the unit professionally installed, but they neglected to run the USB cable outside the dash

Is there no other way to transfer JPG files to use as backgrounds? I.e. from a CD or from an iPod via the iPod cable?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

I don't remember if you can transfer one via the SD card slot. That would be the most convienent way if you don't have access to the USB cable.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:06 PM
tsammyc

Originally Posted by THEDUKE
Spoke with the National Training manager and he told me once again that the 07 video units do not support this. Obviously he his wrong if you got one band to work. Not quite sure why only one band would work, but either way he would be the guy that would know how to do it if there was a way for the end user to do it. The only thing I can guess is that you got into a function that only the R & D knows about.
Finally someone in Singapore figured it out through trial and error. To change the FM stepping on a U.S. model 7100, the procedure is as follows:

Hold down [Nav] key and [Volume Down] key at the same time, while pressing the reset button (its in a little hole on the front panel). The system will reboot and after that you get stepping in 500Hz i.e., you step 91.45, 91.50, 91.55 etc. I had to do it twice, but its working fine now....
Old 12-30-2007, 09:11 AM
arrecho7

need some help, i cant see the address book on the screen, the address key is disabled aswell as all the numbers. i can call from the phone and speak handsfree but i am unable to view the adress book. i cant dial from the screen beacause all the numbers are disabled aswell.
My other problem is that the navigation voice is low, its at 100% and still low, if i have a cd playing it will lower the cd volume alitlle and speak but you can bearly hear it..
pleae help!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by arrecho7
need some help, i cant see the address book on the screen, the address key is disabled aswell as all the numbers. i can call from the phone and speak handsfree but i am unable to view the adress book. i cant dial from the screen beacause all the numbers are disabled aswell.
My other problem is that the navigation voice is low, its at 100% and still low, if i have a cd playing it will lower the cd volume alitlle and speak but you can bearly hear it..
pleae help!!!
not sure what phone you are using but you need to "download" your address book to the unit. for me, i use the motorola razr and had to send each contact individually to the unit. (your phone cant be connected via bluetooth to do this)

as for the nav voice, i know what you mean. i can hear her on the streets but really hard to hear her on the freeway. i have my levels at 100% as well. jsut cant hear **** but i believe its as loud as it gets........
Old 01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Snowhiteboiler

to get the nav voice louder there are settings in the av system menu (or somewhere, not in the nav portion) that allows you to set the level of the voice. I think that the default value is around 20, in my truck that is a good level.

I also think that portions of the bluetooth are disabled if you are not in park (or havent bypassed the unit). i also know that you can turn the volume of the call up using the up/down hard buttons when you are making/on a call and it remembers that volume.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Sick Z

Just installed my DNX7100, i love it!! Does anyone have any jpeg background images they made?

Also how do you get the SD card slot to show? When I eject the unit, it doesn't slide down low enough to put in the SD card for the updates.

Quick Reply: New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price