Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:55 PM
5ZVP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jm4475
i live just a couple miles from stone mountain...but i have already gotten it installed.. thanks for the offer though.

the question that i have now is whith my bluetooth...i am unable to use the "phonebook" feature. it is there but it is not lit up like the rest of the buttons and so i cannot click on it. anybody know what i need to do to fix this??
You can find a copy of the manual for KCA-BT100 here: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Support/Ca...ers_Manuals/#_

The manual will only help to a certain extent because it also depends on your cell phone. To give you an idea what it takes here is how to download the phone book for a Treo 650:

To download the contacts in Treo 650 to the phone book in KCA-BT100 you need to first unpair the phone from the KCA-BT100 ("unregister"). Then use send contact and choose the bluetooth option. You can send 1 contact at a time or you can send a whole category of contacts at once. Once you downloaded your contacts then follow the instruction to pair ("register") you treo with the KCA-BT100. Now you should have access to the phonebook with all your contacts.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
jm4475

ok i have searched my phone like crazy and i cannot find any way to send my contacts using bluetooth. does anybody know if their is a way that you can just manually put them into the 7100?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:19 PM
5ZVP

ok i have searched my phone like crazy and i cannot find any way to send my contacts using bluetooth. does anybody know if their is a way that you can just manually put them into the 7100?
I have not found a manual way of entering, changing or deleting numbers directly to the KCA-BT100.

If you tell us the make and model of your phone maybe someone will know.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:45 PM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5ZVP
weren't you having this problem back in June/July? sorry to hear you still haven't figured it out.

What is the firmware version of your unit now?What size is your sd card?
Is there a folder named "garmin" in your sd card?
In the garmin folder is there a file named gudate.gcd?
Are there any other files or folders on the sd card other than the garmine folder and the gudate.gcd file?

how do you figure out what firmware version you have?

also, someone mentioned there are 3 different menus to ajust the sound on the voice commands for the GPS - i believe ive only been able to find one. i have it to the max but still cant hear **** - especially on the freeway. can someone tell me where these 3 different menus are? or does it make a difference which one you use to adjust the volume?

Last edited by LAKERSFAN; 10-18-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:57 PM
philude

after installing mine, the radio doesn't get good reception. i hooked everything up, double checked and couldn't find anything. i still get reception but it's not very clear. any ideas?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM
JRinTXrog

Ok, I have played with my bluetooth off and on all day today. I have a Motorola Q. I disconnect from the Bluetooth, I then pick a contact, I send contact by bluetooth, My radio said it was downloading, but once it is through then there is still nothing there. My head is bloody from beating it against the wall. I am about to call Kenwood tec suport and see what they say. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
5ZVP

Originally Posted by JRinTXrog
Ok, I have played with my bluetooth off and on all day today. I have a Motorola Q. I disconnect from the Bluetooth, I then pick a contact, I send contact by bluetooth, My radio said it was downloading, but once it is through then there is still nothing there. My head is bloody from beating it against the wall. I am about to call Kenwood tec suport and see what they say. Anybody have any ideas?
After you send your contacts then you have to pair the phone to the Kenwood. Also make sure your phone is selected by the Kenwood bluetooth. I think you do that in the setting menu in the phone mode.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 PM
5ZVP

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
how do you figure out what firmware version you have?

also, someone mentioned there are 3 different menus to ajust the sound on the voice commands for the GPS - i believe ive only been able to find one. i have it to the max but still cant hear **** - especially on the freeway. can someone tell me where these 3 different menus are? or does it make a difference which one you use to adjust the volume?
For firmware version: Go to main Navi screen select settings then about then software.

GPS Volume controls:

1. The volume button on the main navi screen
2. Set Speed adj. volume - Go to main Navi screen select settings then General then Audio then Speed Adj Volume.
3. See page 72 of your DNX7100 manual (not your GPS manual) - There is a Nav Guide Volume under AV Interface Setup.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:13 AM
JRinTXrog

After you send your contacts then you have to pair the phone to the Kenwood. Also make sure your phone is selected by the Kenwood bluetooth. I think you do that in the setting menu in the phone mode.
I have done all that, Still does not work.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:24 AM
LAKERSFAN

For firmware version: Go to main Navi screen select settings then about then software.

GPS Volume controls:

1. The volume button on the main navi screen
2. Set Speed adj. volume - Go to main Navi screen select settings then General then Audio then Speed Adj Volume.
3. See page 72 of your DNX7100 manual (not your GPS manual) - There is a Nav Guide Volume under AV Interface Setup.

thanks, i found the speed ajd volume and it was turned off so hopefully that was my problem. havent tested it yet.

do the two different volume controls both adjust the volume? meaning are they connected so if you adjust one, its the same as adjusting the other?
dont know if that makes any sense. lol
Old 10-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Dave_M

Slightly off topic - from the post above does that mean that this H/U can be set up to vary volume according to vehicle speed? I've got a roadster so this would be really useful so I don't have to keep adjusting the volume as I speed up and slow down.

Also, for those who've got one of these in a roadster, how visible is the screen with the hood down? I know we don't get that much sun in the UK, but I'd like to be able to see the screen!

Thanks

Dave
Old 10-19-2007, 10:43 AM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by Dave_M
Slightly off topic - from the post above does that mean that this H/U can be set up to vary volume according to vehicle speed? I've got a roadster so this would be really useful so I don't have to keep adjusting the volume as I speed up and slow down.

Also, for those who've got one of these in a roadster, how visible is the screen with the hood down? I know we don't get that much sun in the UK, but I'd like to be able to see the screen!

Thanks

Dave
actually im refering to the voice commands for the navigation. not the volume of the music playing. is that what you are refering to?

and cant help with the roadster thing. own a coupe.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:19 PM
jm4475

I have not found a manual way of entering, changing or deleting numbers directly to the KCA-BT100.

If you tell us the make and model of your phone maybe someone will know.
it is an apple Iphone...i have a hard time believing that it would not be able to send contacts. but i CANNOT find a way.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:09 AM
5ZVP

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
thanks, i found the speed ajd volume and it was turned off so hopefully that was my problem. havent tested it yet.

do the two different volume controls both adjust the volume? meaning are they connected so if you adjust one, its the same as adjusting the other?
dont know if that makes any sense. lol
Yes they both adjust the Navi voice command volume but as you probably found out the volume control from the Navi screen is much easier to get to during driving.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:20 AM
5ZVP

it is an apple Iphone...i have a hard time believing that it would not be able to send contacts. but i CANNOT find a way.
You will probably have better luck finding your answer in a forum for iphones
Old 10-27-2007, 01:34 PM
jbe

What kind of custom work can be done, to fit the Dnx7100 into the cubby?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 AM
cbr900son

anyway to retain stock steering wheel control functions with this unit?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
JRinTXrog

I still have not seen this question answered. Is any one successfully useing the phone book on the Keenwood? If so how did you get it to download? I have followed the instructions to a T and I still can not get it to work.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM
solemnuz1

Nazar,

I might be interested in this system if the deal is still on. I have a question though, if I were to use it in combination with the Kenwood LZ702W display (in the cubby compartment) will it work? Also, for the installation, is it all one harness or do you have to rig it up to install it? I would entertain the idea of doing it myself if it was just a matter of snapping it in and my friend also has experience installing car systems but I still want to keep it simple. Another question, I want to use the bluetooth camera believe it or not for the front of the car. I have an 07 nismo edition and it is heart wrecking sometimes when I pull up to a spot and I am not paying attention because the car is too low I am afraid of running into the curb or something else destroying the front end in the process. So for peace of mind I would like to have this installed but I would like to enable it manually when I need it, is this possible? And lastly, If I use the bluetooth for the camera, am I still able to pair up a phone for handsfree?

If anyone else knows the answer to some of these questions, I would really appreciate your help.

Would you be able to send me a PM with the price for the unit, the Steering wheel adapter, ipod adapter, the bluetooth adapter, bluetooth camera?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Nazar
Banned

Originally Posted by solemnuz1
Nazar,

I might be interested in this system if the deal is still on. I have a question though, if I were to use it in combination with the Kenwood LZ702W display (in the cubby compartment) will it work? Also, for the installation, is it all one harness or do you have to rig it up to install it? I would entertain the idea of doing it myself if it was just a matter of snapping it in and my friend also has experience installing car systems but I still want to keep it simple. Another question, I want to use the bluetooth camera believe it or not for the front of the car. I have an 07 nismo edition and it is heart wrecking sometimes when I pull up to a spot and I am not paying attention because the car is too low I am afraid of running into the curb or something else destroying the front end in the process. So for peace of mind I would like to have this installed but I would like to enable it manually when I need it, is this possible? And lastly, If I use the bluetooth for the camera, am I still able to pair up a phone for handsfree?

If anyone else knows the answer to some of these questions, I would really appreciate your help.

Would you be able to send me a PM with the price for the unit, the Steering wheel adapter, ipod adapter, the bluetooth adapter, bluetooth camera?

Thanks
Bluetooth onth e7100 is for the Phone only. It will not integrate with a Bluetoth camera.

However you can use a wired camera and hook it up to the Video In input.

Wiring it up should be an easy task.

Quick Reply: New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price