Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Tweeter Mountin

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Mr_Drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can fully rotate my tweeters 360 degrees, so no matter your taste, you will get a good sound.

Tweeter Mountin-new-hu-007.jpg

p.s. most people think it's a factory location because it's so flush...most wouldn't know unless i pointed it out.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:08 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Takhteh
+1 on that A-pillar install! I just remounted my kappa 6.1 tweeters in the sail panels and seriously think I am going deaf in my left ear! And this after just only a few weeks!!

Anyone know what the part number is for these sail panels so I can return them back to stock?
I'm not sure if the speakers you have use an adjustable crossover, but does the crossover have any adjustments that you might be able to make to bring the tweeter down?

Rob
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Drifter
I can fully rotate my tweeters 360 degrees, so no matter your taste, you will get a good sound.

Attachment 151645

p.s. most people think it's a factory location because it's so flush...most wouldn't know unless i pointed it out.
Good point... Something I didn't mention. My tweeter mount is flush in the A-Pillar. I did a flush mount (without the ability to direct the tweeter) to keep it nearly invisible and stealth. Mercifully, it worked out well by bouncing the directional-sound off the windshield.

Your setup offers more adjustment options by simply twisting or turning the tweeter cone and redirecting the sound-projection.

BTW: Your install looks just great.

--Spike
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Takhteh

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I'm not sure if the speakers you have use an adjustable crossover, but does the crossover have any adjustments that you might be able to make to bring the tweeter down?

Rob
That's a good point. I'll have to check, but I don't think the kappa 6.1 comps do. I'm so bad with SQ setup.. I can install the "core" parts, but when it comes down to fine tuning, or even tuning, I have no idea where to start...lol..
Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Takhteh

Originally Posted by Spike100

--Spike
Spike, I think it looks awesome and is probably a great solution for the over-the-top "highs," but are'nt you atleast somewhat concerned about having the tweeters exposed to direct sunlight like that all day? I guess a workaround might be to keep one of those "whatever you call it" sun-repellent boards handy, that span the entire windshield. But I'm just too lazy to set all that s* up.. too much maintenance for me! Yeah, I'd just be concerned bc the sun+heat makes it incredibly hot sometimes, atleast here in NJ.. and I'm talking from the Upper-East Coast.. where it should be cooler than a lot of other places! Anyways, looks good and you probably won't have problems, but I may try the kick panel thing. It just sucks bc now I have to extend the friggin speaker wire, which I don't think I have any left! As a side note, is it ok to mix brands of speaker wire, i.e., all my wiring to comps are done with one type, except the tweeters to the crossover are something else? Does this need to be consistent?? Maybe I'll just move the crossovers to the kick panels, too.. hmm. that might be the "perfect" solution! Thanks again for the great ideas, though!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

You won't have any problems mixing different brands of wire as long as they are similar gauge. Just splice a new section on with a butt connector or twist it with a wire nut or solder and you'll be golden.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Takhteh
Spike, I think it looks awesome and is probably a great solution for the over-the-top "highs," but are'nt you atleast somewhat concerned about having the tweeters exposed to direct sunlight like that all day? I guess a workaround might be to keep one of those "whatever you call it" sun-repellent boards handy, that span the entire windshield. But I'm just too lazy to set all that s* up.. too much maintenance for me! Yeah, I'd just be concerned bc the sun+heat makes it incredibly hot sometimes, atleast here in NJ.. and I'm talking from the Upper-East Coast.. where it should be cooler than a lot of other places! ...
I don't think UV rays or temperature extremes will affect an A-pillar mount any more than sail panel or "kick" mounting. Exposure to UV rays is probably less a problem than temperature extremes since I have a grill over the tweeter that provides some amount of shade (and the sun is always moving).

Temperature extremes are the real enemy to a car in general, and probably more so to its electronics. Here in Frostbite Falls, the summer temperature reaches 95 degrees F ambient (and probably 125 degrees F inside the car), while winter temperatures can drop to -25 degrees F. This is probably a more hostile environment for a car's CES than the desert (e.g., Palm Springs, CA or Las Vegas).

I chose Focal both for its great sound and the speaker's robust construction designed to withstand the abuse I mention above. Lower priced speakers degenerate under these adverse conditions, and worst of all, the degeneration is slow enough so you don't notice it right away.

--Spike