Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Avic D3 Install into 03 with BOSE (no nav)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:06 AM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That mounting kit will be find but that wiring harness is for the non-bose cars.

From all the research I did, it turns out that the stock head unit with the bose speakers run low level power into them. Somewhere around 20W. The Avic is 55W x 4 so some people with the straight wiring kit have noticed noise and other funny things happening. I didn't try and use the standard wiring setup because I hate to do things twice, plus it wasn't that expensive. $40-60 depending where you buy it.

The Pac ensures 100% that it will sounds awesome because it reduces the sound level to something the BOSE system can take in and produce music with. The clairty is perfect and sound level is much improved. Loud is REALLY LOUD now and super clean sounding. So really for the few dollars why take the chance?

I know guys used the regular wiring harness and had it work however I'm willing to bet that is not always the case for everybody. Besides with the Pac unit you do all the soldering on your bench where it's comfortable then plug and play. It makes the install so simple it's just nuts.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
bad 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what all do i need to put this into a 2008 is the pac roem nis2 the same as the 03 -06 zs
Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Linuxglobal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bad 350z
so what all do i need to put this into a 2008 is the pac roem nis2 the same as the 03 -06 zs
your question is kind of old, lots of treads on this. I just finished installing mine so the memory is still fresh.

Mine is an 07 with stock bose, no nav

You will need the follow
- metra dask kit (with no wire harnesses)
- wiring kit, pac-roem-NIS2, make sure its the ROEM, not AOEM
- if you have steering wheel controls, PAC SWI-PS module works great
- NO antenna adapter is needed, stock fits directly into avic d3, just make sure you connect the blue wire on the stock vehicle harness to ACC so that it turns on the Z FM amplifier, mine had no radio reception because of that until i did some searing.
- also make sure you connect the VSS wire for more accuracy, i can upload a pic of it if you need it or you can PM me.
- GPS antenna can be mounted near the rear view mirror near the top of the glass

I also got the bluetooth module and installed my ipod cable in the rear pocket of the center console so its nicely accessible, i kind of took apart the whole car while i was at it and swapped out some of the bulbs for leds in the console as well. Might be a good idea while you are taking things apart anyways for later peace of mind.

Programing the steering wheel controls isnt too bad either, the kit comes with all of the parts and schematics, just make sure you follow them closely and connect all of the grounds, dont assume they are already connected (i made that mistake).

Good luck with the install, mine sounds awesome now. Finally some decent sound

Last edited by Linuxglobal; 09-06-2010 at 08:32 PM.