Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

cubby question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:59 AM
rmc2k3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cubby question?

Is there a way that you can fit a nav/dvd into the cubby without removing the lid. It is a nice way to hide your screen. Or what nav/dvd do you all recomend i have an 08 model without the Bose.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 AM
lion of Judah

bro. you are my hero. i have this same question and need to know. i have a non bose z and i want to fit a pioneer screen were the nav would go if i had one. in theory it looks like it will fit but it will require some cutting on my part and perhaps some fiberglassing. i just got my z and the idea of cutting anything with out prior trail blazers showing the way it scary but i will do it tomorrow if you want pics i will show you the build. i have to have a screen. i hate that empty, cant afford the NAV look i see in that cubby whole. lol
Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
OldDirty Z33

Nice first post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

You have a perfectly valid question. Better put on your flamesuit.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
rsxscrazy

Why is everyone just complete *** holes?

I can't find the link but they make a special center consol that you can actually fit a screen into. Fits like factory and looks clean.

If i can find the link i will be happy to help unlike the others that should be with over thousands of post but no a noob like me has to? doesn't make sense to me!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:43 PM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

I wasn't trying to come across as an A-hole. I just wanted to point out that the OP would be grilled for asking this perfectly good question by the forum trolls.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:44 PM
OldDirty Z33

Nice 242 post!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by rmc2k3
Is there a way that you can fit a nav/dvd into the cubby without removing the lid. It is a nice way to hide your screen. Or what nav/dvd do you all recomend i have an 08 model without the Bose.
I have asked this question before on this site as well as on ZCAR.com but have not heard anything back yet. Well at least nothing that answers my question.

Hopefully rsxscrazy can hook us with the info on that console. Otherwise I am afraid you will get get tons of replys to anything and everything except what you asked for. Good luck!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM
rsxscrazy

i was also interested and came across a guy selling one in the fs section then he attached a link ill start looking tonight and try to find something!

Its out there just keep searching i promise ya!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 PM
rsxscrazy

Originally Posted by gmueip
I wasn't trying to come across as an A-hole. I just wanted to point out that the OP would be grilled for asking this perfectly good question by the forum trolls.
I can understand that and thats what always happens. People that can spend 2 mins answering the questions usually spend 5 telling them how stupid they are asking a question.

I don't understand people ask a rsx question I know the ins and outs and would be happy to answer anything being a 350z owner for only 3 months i am still learning but once i have info i will repost that info over and over as the same question does get asked over and over but whats it hurt just repeating it then bashing a noob.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Black Spider

You can find pretty much everything you need right here (a lof of reading, but worth it):

Double-Din H/U’s, Multiple Monitors, & Navigation (Pics here)

You can also see the set up I had done for my car:

Dual Screen Setup in 06: Finally Done!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:35 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Relax! Some of our fellow my350Z.com buddies suffer from Cynicisimitis--otherwise known as Sarcasmitis--; others suffer from Intolerantcitis. So, just be patient with 'em, and enjoy the positive posts!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Well said, and how true... great metaphors/descriptives... "New English?"

Black Spider lists the links where the OP can begin his reseach.

--Spike
Old 01-06-2009, 09:55 PM
sukebe

Not to be a dick, but did anyone who still has this question do a search? Unless you want a short answer like "No", asking instead of searching is just asking people to do the work of finding the answer for you. Since this is not exactly an obscure or new subject, it's hard to believe that there was even a cursory search attempt.

That said, the short answer is, there is no easy way to do it cleanly like the 04 and 05 guys if you want to keep the lid. You can swap out for a nav center which omits the lid, but otherwise it's not going to look factory without some custom fabrication.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...-in-cubby.html

I searched titles for "cubby" in the audio visual forum showing replies as threads and there were a bunch of good threads on the first page.

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=7948563
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM
JEKL

Sukebe, point well taken. Obviously I didn't do a thorough enough search when I looked through past posts. Thanks for offering your input anyway.

I guess my frustration stems from the quality of comments you can get when you post something. For a quick example when I made my original post introducing myself I described my Z and how I came across it. (It's an '06 GT w/o nav) The first reply I got was 'a GT w/o nav? So you don't have a GT?' I mean come on man, thats Z car 101 to know the trim levels. I knew that when I owned a Toyota Avalon.

Not to hijack the thread, just wanted to better explain my earlier post. Thanks again to those who addressed this (again). You guys really are a life/time/money saver!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ Welcome. I understand your point. The very nature of a Forum is random input from many readers. You get everything from very accurate and useful information to totally inaccurate stuff to juvenile wise-cracks.

Since the Z car appeals to a very wide age-range (old guys like me and youngster just learning how to drive), the age profile on this Forum is very broad. You need to remember this when participating here.

I usually spend at least an hour or so searching before asking a question here (and even more time before starting a new thread). That effort minimizes redundant questions that waste bandwidth and Forum content. And, searching isn’t always easy here since it’s a Forum and not a scientific site.

With this said, I have no problem with a new Forum member asking what I or someone else here considers a foolish or repeated question. In fact I welcome the participation. I would prefer seeing support for new members than bashing.

My advice is to not take responses you receive as personal attacks.

--Spike