Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Issue is Resolved!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 07:37 AM
N74DV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got mine today...... makes a difference. Highs are crisper and the bass finally punches through. It's still not a "premium" system but it's better than what it was.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Pit Bull

Called the dealer they said to bring it in and they would listen to it, if it did not measure p they needed it 1/2 day to pull the amp and replace with the new one. Told my wife to listen to it and if she did not like the sound I would take it in.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:18 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Keep this in mind

Pit Bull,

Remember this;

If your vehicle meets the established criterion that has been continually metioned throughout this thread, then your local Nissan service center owes you that recommended amp replacement.

Plain & Simple.

They (the servicemen) DO NOT have to listen to your Bose system to determine if you indeed require the amp swap. If they're telling you that line of #$%&, they are either just clueless or they are being selectively clueless. ........(that kind of behavior seems to be running rampant at the "shift" service centers lately)

In the mean time.................Enjoy The Ride!

Old 11-05-2003, 12:19 PM
roark

I just had my CE400 series amp installed this morning. While the sound quality is not nearly the same as the BOSE in my SLK, it is MUUUUCH better than before. There is separation, and base and treble controls are back. I also have a replacement head unit on order, so I'll compare that as well when it gets installed.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Stinger1

Does anyone know if VIN# JN1AZ34**3T017157 is included for the amp replacement?
Old 11-06-2003, 11:34 AM
bixby

Originally posted by Stinger1
Does anyone know if VIN# JN1AZ34**3T017157 is included for the amp replacement?
Yes. It falls into the TSB for clarity (NTB 03-087).
Old 11-06-2003, 11:58 AM
ZedZed

Just got my new Bose amp put in. It's well worth it to get it replaced, it sounds like a new stereo!!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:29 PM
BlueDragonZ

I just contacted my service manager and gave him my VIN #
JN1AZ34***P113439. As expected he only had the TSB 086 not the 087. Instead of arguing with him I sent an e-mail to Nissan regarding this. If I don't get a response this way I will contact NNA directly.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:48 PM
Stinger1

Default Nissan Dealer makes good on AMP replacement

I am about as confused on how this amp replacement is being handled as Nissan and Bose are. If any of you have read any of my post, I am like a lot of people here, very displeased with the BOSE system. I have written e-mails to both Nissan and Bose concerning this matter like many of you here. I finally went to the dealer a few months ago and complained about the muffled sounding radio and they ordered me a new one. After they installed it the radio did sound better but not by much. As you can imagine I was still disappointed. Then I read where this new TSB or NTB 03-087 was issued from Nissan regarding the AMP replacement to help with the clarity issue. But in order to be eligible you had to have a VIN # which fell into a sequence of numbers that they were listing. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and gave them my VIN#. They told me mine was not part of those affected and an AMP replacement was not in store for me. So I posted a No AMP for me post expressing my disappointing news on this forum. Funny thing is I had taken my car in just that morning to have the window grease problem fixed and few other little problems. I mentioned to them about the radio TSB and had even printed some of the information regarding it from this forum. When I went back to pick my car up that evening I mentioned to them about my conversation with Consumer Affairs and told them I was a little disappointed. My service writer told me the Tech had put in an order for a new AMP. He said do you want me to cancel it. I told him buy all means let’s try it before I have to go and spend a fortune on trying to make this system sound better. He told me it would take 3 to 4 weeks. I received a call yesterday and was told the AMP was in. Only took three days. Of course I was there first thing this morning. The old AMP was taken out and the New AMP was installed. For your information they were not the same part number. I know this because it was the first question I asked the service writer before they brought my car up. He actually went back into the shop and checked. He was telling me that he had good luck with a passive equalizer in his own auto to help with the sound and was suggesting I take the same route if it still wasn't up to my standard. Said it would be a lot less than trying to replace everything and may have satisfactory results. Anyway, He said he wanted to walk out with me and see how it sounded. I will say this. If the radio had sounded like this when I first took delivery, I would of thought everyone on this forum was nuts with all the bitching and moaning going on. It is a big improvement. Now I know why some would post that they loved the sound in their new Z. Granted it's not an aftermarket sounding Focal Speaker system with a 500 watt AMP and Nakamichi Head Unit sound you would have if you were to spend 2,000.00 on it, but I am very pleased with the results. Bose and Nissan made good on there promise as to find a fix to make this a good sounding system. The only problem is Nissan needs to accept the fact that they need to step up to the plate and notify there customers. I still am trying to figure out why Consumer Affairs told me my VIN# wasn't part of the AMPs that were affected when it was. My advice is to be persistent. I hope you all get this taken care of.........I am finally satisfied......It was along time coming. I know most of you are still waiting......Good Luck!

Keep up the fight,

Stinger1
Old 11-07-2003, 08:08 PM
reiver

Where do I go to see these bulletins? I see the reference numbers but have no idea on where to read the actual bulletin.

TIA

Reiver
2003 6MT Brickyard
Old 11-08-2003, 08:40 AM
socalsoda

It seems to me that a lot of headaches could be resolved if someone would just scan a copy of the letter sent by nissan.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:11 PM
BlueDragonZ

I don't think that anyone recieved any letters yet. Since the word got out about this new TSB, people has just been flocking to their dealership to have the replacement done, some are more succesful than others. The others that hasn't been succesful, like myself because their dealership wants to play dumb, we need to either wait for the letter or call NNA about it. At this point I sent an e-mail to Nissan and hoping for a reply.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Natal

Originally posted by socalsoda
It seems to me that a lot of headaches could be resolved if someone would just scan a copy of the letter sent by nissan.
I tried to upload a file of my letter, but it was too large. I received it earlier this week, but I had already done the fix several weeks ago. I'm somewhat pleased with the CD quality, but the FM radio is still lacking. I wish it were better, so it could compensate for the shortcomings of those of us that have installed an FM modulator for XM, MP3s, DVDs and PCs.

Last edited by Natal; 11-08-2003 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:36 PM
bshockley

Originally posted by BlueDragonZ
I don't think that anyone recieved any letters yet. Since the word got out about this new TSB, people has just been flocking to their dealership to have the replacement done, some are more succesful than others. The others that hasn't been succesful, like myself because their dealership wants to play dumb, we need to either wait for the letter or call NNA about it. At this point I sent an e-mail to Nissan and hoping for a reply.
Is there another dealer near? I can't believe that your dealer would not do this if your car is in the VIN# range. I told my dealer and the service department got right on it. I left a message on their machine and when he called me back, he had the TSB in hand and had already verified my VIN#. Said he'd order one up. I don't have the letter either. I think it was sent to my old address, where it was thrown away. (Can't be sure since I didn't see it, but was told a letter from Nissan was thrown away.)

Anyway, I had it installed Friday, but due to fried injectors, I still haven't listened to it. It's still at the dealer 'till at least Tuesday.

I miss my car.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:43 PM
BlueDragonZ

Originally posted by bshockley
Is there another dealer near? I can't believe that your dealer would not do this if your car is in the VIN# range. I told my dealer and the service department got right on it. I left a message on their machine and when he called me back, he had the TSB in hand and had already verified my VIN#. Said he'd order one up. I don't have the letter either. I think it was sent to my old address, where it was thrown away. (Can't be sure since I didn't see it, but was told a letter from Nissan was thrown away.)

Anyway, I had it installed Friday, but due to fried injectors, I still haven't listened to it. It's still at the dealer 'till at least Tuesday.

I miss my car.
I'm actually waiting for a response from Nissan, I e-mailed them about this after I recieved the DUMB response from my dealership. I dind't feel like arguing becasue I know that my car is entitled for this TSB.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:23 PM
socalsoda

Yes, there is a letter, you will see that some people here have gotten it. Back on page 3 and 5 of this thread people began to mention it.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:39 PM
frankmusic

Someone [Wedge] who has done a lot of hard work on gettting this important Bose Amp issue to the "Z" public, recently wrote the following:

==============================================

The e-mail versions of TSB's NTB 03-086 (for early Z's produced prior to 9/28/02) and NTB 03-087 (for '03 Z's produced from 9/28/02 through 05/03) went out to the dealers the first week of October '03. The hard copy follow ups went out a week later. If your dealer does not have them then they either lost, misplaced, ignored or thrown away. Of course, the dealer may have been missed by Nissan on the distribution as well.

The point is, they have to get on the phone or send an e-mail to their corporate service division to request copies of these TSB's. I cannot believe some dealers think their customers are foolish enough to take the bull crap of "we just have to wait for it to come in". If it ain't there yet folks.........it ain't comin'. Someone at the dealership has to use common sense and realize they have missed these tsb's and then take the steps to get them.

I feel sorry for everyone who is having a hard time with this. My amp was replaced during the first week of October. I did not wait for a letter, and I had to push my dealership into inquiring about the TSB........but I got it done. I am very grateful that the Nissan Customer Satisfaction Rep I was dealing with was up front with me and kept me up to date on the Bose issue. Without him..........I am sure I would still be listening to a system with no bass.

Good Luck to all! Don't give up.........you are entitled to an amp replacement.

==============================================

See, Miracles DO happen!

Old 11-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Mikela1

Ron Keller
I have some problems with my front tires - - - Very noisy when slowing down and vibrating slightly - - - also the streak on the drivers side window. What are the TSB numbers for these problems? thanx
Old 11-14-2003, 05:12 PM
bshockley

Just to add more fuel:

I got my amp replaced last week (but due to other issues heard it for the first time tonight) and I have to say wow. i had the CD400 and it was changed to the CE400. I really didn't think it'd make that much difference but it does.

It is raining here tonight, so I didn't go driving (other than to get her home from the dealer), but I did just sit in her for about 15 minutes listing to my CDs. They sound great, I had to turn the bass and treble down just a couple notches (I think it's bass +2, treble +1 now).

I'm not much of an audiophile, but this is deffinitely better than my stock 91' corolla stereo with blown original front speakers and 50 dollar Sony speakers in back.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Mikela1

Originally posted by Ron Keller
Some 20,000+ miles and ALL the fixes done today. Amp per TSB,
OEM Front Tires replaced and realigned per TSB and finally Window Grease per TSB. Only a two mile drive home, but felt and sounded like I was driving a "New Z". Going out for Sushi! Will probably have to drag myself from behind the wheel, much like the day I drove it off the lot....:-)
Ron Keller
I am getting into the same problems with front tires, ie more and more noisy and more vibration through steering. Taking it in this coming Friday for fix and was told they would switch the front tires and align. Did your TSB call for new tires and alignment? What is it's #? Is there anywhere you can see all the TSBs issued on the 350Z? Thanx Mike La

Quick Reply: Bose Issue is Resolved!