Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Issue is Resolved!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 08:24 PM
koolzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think all dealerships give you new tires. I believe the TSB only states a tire swap and realignment, it's up to the dealerships to put on new tires.

I had the tsb performed and I did not get new tires.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:21 AM
Mikela1

I take it must have cleaned up the noise and vibration to your satisfaction. I had read in here that Bridgestone will do it also. What was your mileage when done?
Old 11-16-2003, 07:23 AM
Pit Bull

What's the mileage for the best chance of replacement? Are you better off waiting as long as possible so the tires are real screwed up to complain, so even a rotation won't help? Should someone start a thread that shows when the tsb was performed and then another that shows the mileage when the tires were replaced?
Old 11-16-2003, 10:04 AM
DrDrilZ

just got the new amp put in and cant hear a DAMN difference . i had the original amp replaced a few months back and it helped with the overboosted bass. but this new amp didnt seem to do anything different for me. and, the bass and treble controls still dont do anything. i compared it to a 2004 that was on the lot yesterday and it was about the same.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Z-Desperado

I feel that Bose and Nissan will never correct the poor system they sold us. I put an after market sub woofer and a 250 watt amp feeding it and it sounds like I want it to. After having the Bose fix I gave up on them and when I pulled the sub woofer out it is a piece of junk so that is why it sounds so bad.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Pit Bull

I will have them install the new one on mine if for no other reason than to make Nissan spend the $$$.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:19 AM
mattvols

I had my amp replaced yesterday. My production date on my car says 9/03, and the dealer put in amp part number 28060-CE400. I still think it sounds like crap! The only difference I can see is that I can turn it up all the way to 31 without distortion. It seems to me that this amp has taken away my bass until I turn it to 23 or above. The new replacement also took away the problem of the radio volume going up and down. In summary, this fix still does not justify the difference I paid for the upgraded Bose system. I am very disappointed and am about at the point to sell my car and vow never to buy another Nissan product again, even though I love the looks of the car, just for the principal of this whole Bose situation. I guess it is somewhat my fault too for buying the car trusting Nissan's advertising before the car ever came out. Lesson learned!
Old 11-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Pit Bull

Originally posted by mattvols
I had my amp replaced yesterday. My production date on my car says 9/03,

I am very disappointed and am about at the point to sell my car and vow never to buy another Nissan product again,

I guess it is somewhat my fault too for buying the car trusting Nissan's advertising before the car ever came out. Lesson learned!
If your car was made in 9/03 why did you not listen to the stereo before you bought it? It this disappoints you, too the point you want to get rid of your Z, you must be very, very, young. Trust me you will have bigger disappointments coming your way and you need to learn to bend or life will break you. JMHO Please get some perspective
Old 11-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Wedge

A production date of 9/03 would mean that you have an '04 model since they started making '04's in June of '03.

Are you sure that is the production date? '04's don't fall under the TSB.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:56 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I listened to the stereo prior to my purchase and it sounded very good. However, throught the course of the last four months the quality decreased. I'm in no mood to argue with the dealership right now so until I recieve a letter I will just have to bare with it.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:21 AM
mattvols

Pit Bull, I meant to say my date is a 9/02 production, not 9/3. Therefore, as for listening to my stereo before I purchased it, that was impossible. I ordered my car from trusting Nissan's advertising off of the internet and brochures. If I had of known that it was going to sound like crap, I would have ordered a base model and got my on system, or ordered another brand of car. As for my age, I am 30, so thanks for calling me young!
Old 11-21-2003, 05:50 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face . . . .and Bose thread still flows

I'm not sure what the correlation is between being someone who voices his/her specific disappointment in an automobile and being very very young. Maybe this assumption could valid if one were were referring to an individual who just received the vehicle as a birthday gift. Upon receiving this gift, the birthday boy/girl then reacts with a temper tantrum because they were expecting a different color. LOL

The Bose replacement amp should definitely be pursued if your vehicle falls into the duly described category that has been discussed through out this entire thread. However, while one should NOT expect any major sound miracles with the amp replacement - it's still an improvement - and Nissan owes you (at the very least) that much.

.... and if 30 isn't young, should the 40+ crowd take their discussions to the "Does your wheel chair have tire feathering?" thread?

Old 11-21-2003, 07:19 AM
Wedge

Wow, this is one long thread that I started isn't it? Did I mention the Bose TSB's?.............lol

Well, beauty is in the ear of the beholder. Many people will not like the sound of the system even after the amp change, while others will find it acceptable............especially for the price of the new amp (free).

As I said before, the sound is good enough for me at this point. It is not close to an expensive aftermarket system, but at least it does not give me a headache anymore and is not so bad as to be embarrassing if someone else hears it.

I still recommend getting the replacement.........in my opinion, there is definately some improvement to be had by changing out the amp.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Pit Bull

Originally posted by mattvols
Pit Bull, I meant to say my date is a 9/02 production, not 9/3. Therefore, as for listening to my stereo before I purchased it, that was impossible. I ordered my car from trusting Nissan's advertising off of the internet and brochures. If I had of known that it was going to sound like crap, I would have ordered a base model and got my on system, or ordered another brand of car. As for my age, I am 30, so thanks for calling me young!
That makes more sense, now I better understand your disappointment. My wife could tell a problem with the stereo so I had the tsb done. I could not tell, I've thrown too many grenades (not far enough away) to be good at telling if a stereo sounds as good as it should.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:32 PM
SnoopyZ

Just got my Bose amp replaced... along with my #3 tranny and tires swapped... ugh damn the Z!!! hehe...

Anyhow... the audio system doens't have that annoying Audio Pilot and the radio is clearer and tolerable. But the CD section is worse than before... less bass and the bass + treble levels don't do anything.

I still think this is a POS audio system... I wish I got the Enthusiast model Z that is for sure.

I like everyone else would still like a TRUE Bose fix... but oh well...
back to the petition!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Z-Desperado

I just found out that the dealer did not change my Bose amp when I had it in for servicing as they said they did. I guess that since I replaced the sub woofer and put a separate amp to power it that it voided the Bose warranty. Now the battery is draining at 75 Mv, which is supposed to be 30 Mv so my car is in the shop with everything torn out of it trying to find the problem. I guessing that they will say it have to do with adding the amp for the sub woofer, which is not the problem because it has been fine for several months. The volume going up and down always has bugged me and it still is that way so I should have known they didn’t do anything to fix it. I am feed up with Nissan and their service because they constantly lying to me.
This is an update about the battery drainage being fixed. It was something to do with the ECU and not my amp that I had put in like they tried to make me believe. Everything is fixed and they did hooked my amp back up so I am ready to roll.

Last edited by Z-Desperado; 12-15-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:41 PM
anxious

My amp was replaced this weekend. I'm much happier now. Is it a premium system? Certainly not compared to aftermarket and maybe not even for stock. But, the sound is more clear in general, the bass more crisp, and the damn audio pilot far less obnoxious. I can appreciate all of you who still aren't happy with it, but I never expected a fabulous system, (must go aftermarket for that), only a decent one. So, it's good enough for me at this point. I wish the best of luck to everyone still in search of a better solution.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:09 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Tape over mike wholes

Originally posted by anxious
My amp was replaced this weekend. I'm much happier now. Is it a premium system? Certainly not compared to aftermarket and maybe not even for stock. But, the sound is more clear in general, the bass more crisp, and the damn audio pilot far less obnoxious. I can appreciate all of you who still aren't happy with it, but I never expected a fabulous system, (must go aftermarket for that), only a decent one. So, it's good enough for me at this point. I wish the best of luck to everyone still in search of a better solution.

Throw a piece of tape over the mike wholes, under the steering wheel area plastic. Does wonders.

Cheers Amy -
Old 12-15-2003, 08:50 AM
bixby

Exclamation Amp Replaced 12/13/03

well, after battling the dealer for several months, I finally got my amp replaced on Saturday. Absolutely no difference in the sound quality or bass & treble controls. My car was manufactured 03/03. There may be less distortion at higher volumes but I didn't go above 25 to find out. My biggest issue is the lack of bass & treble response. 0 to +5 does nothing! Now what?
Old 12-15-2003, 08:55 AM
DMONTE

Are you sure they actually replaced it ???

I had the first amp placement over eight months ago with little or no improvement, then about a month or so ago I had the final upgraded replacement amp installed *incredible difference* no mistaking the previous from this final amp I couldn't believe it was just the amp that they replaced it was that much improved.

Quick Reply: Bose Issue is Resolved!