Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
SnyzzleZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm help

I bought my car about a year ago with a clifford matrix alarm already installed... it was great for the first couple of months then started running into a lot of problems. first the rear hatch only decides to work sometimes when you press the button then the siren completely stopped working and every local audio/alarm shop ive talked to said they dont work on clifford systems. and ive tried to contact clifford and no luck there either so fck it, i decided to give up.

im just wondering how to get the stock alarm system back, i dont have the stock remotes or any knowledge on how to get this damn thing out of my car so would it be better off just to get a basic viper alarm system? I really dont feel like wasting $500 so if anyone can help with a cheap solution let me know. thank you ahead of time.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
zaperroni

well I have a viper, and the same thing with the trunk happens with me. I think it might've been the installer. On my car, basically to pop the trunk via remote, it pulses the trunk button, so you have to "pulse" the trunk button again on the remote if you want to use the hatch mounted button.
You can go to the dealer or check out ebay if you want to buy and program a factory remote. From what i've heard, this isn't a very big deal to do.
As long as I disarm the viper alarm(press unlock on my viper remote), I can use the factory remote without the alarm going off.
Good luck i hope this helps
Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SnyzzleZ
I bought my car about a year ago with a clifford matrix alarm already installed... it was great for the first couple of months then started running into a lot of problems. first the rear hatch only decides to work sometimes when you press the button then the siren completely stopped working and every local audio/alarm shop ive talked to said they dont work on clifford systems. and ive tried to contact clifford and no luck there either so fck it, i decided to give up.

im just wondering how to get the stock alarm system back, i dont have the stock remotes or any knowledge on how to get this damn thing out of my car so would it be better off just to get a basic viper alarm system? I really dont feel like wasting $500 so if anyone can help with a cheap solution let me know. thank you ahead of time.
I would call around first to alarm companies and find one that will remove the alarm........i have seen removal usually be 50 bucks at most places.......thats just to remove the crappy alarm and your car is back to normal...

then from there, pay the dealer and get keys, remotes..

costly........boo...
-J
Old 02-17-2010, 06:57 PM
SnyzzleZ

ahh... yea i really want to keep it under $150. i feel like im blowing money on something that shouldnt need fixed .. any idea how much it will be for a dealer to program it?.. im thinking it will be cheaper to buy the OEM remotes off ebay then go to the dealer and have it programmed.. thoughts?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
SnyzzleZ

would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-18-2010, 07:38 AM
SnyzzleZ

can any one confirm if that will work?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 AM
KPierson
Banned

If you disarm the alarm is should stay off - these alarms can only be armed and disarmed from the programmed remotes.

You can then get a factory remote and program it (the one in your link should work).

If you want the old system removed you have several options, but the first thing to do is figure out how the alarm was spliced in to the factory wiring. There are many different methods and some are easier then others to work with when removing an alarm.