Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Does anyone have Pioneer AVH-p3200BT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:15 PM
WESTINZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have Pioneer AVH-p3200BT

I was thinking about purchasing the Pioneer AVH-3200BT. Was wondering if any one has one or has any info about them. Pics of one installed would be awesome....Thanks.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
krass

I have the AVH-P3200DVD, but it's pretty much exactly the same minus the Blue Tooth feature. It's a great HU for the price (mine was a little over $300), there are TONS of FAQ's, reviews, installation walk-thrus, etc. available online (see links below)... many of which are specific to application of this HU in a 350Z. Buy one and don't look back.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...vd-w-pics.html

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...vd-bypass.html

http://avic411.com/

/end thread
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM
nolic1

Originally Posted by krass
I have the AVH-P3200DVD, but it's pretty much exactly the same minus the Blue Tooth feature. It's a great HU for the price (mine was a little over $300), there are TONS of FAQ's, reviews, installation walk-thrus, etc. available online (see links below)... many of which are specific to application of this HU in a 350Z. Buy one and don't look back.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...vd-w-pics.html

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...vd-bypass.html

http://avic411.com/

/end thread
Which unit does it most relate to in the avic line? Since the avic411 website doesn't actually mention it.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
WESTINZ

Krass..... Thanks so much for the info.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 AM
krass

Originally Posted by nolic1
Which unit does it most relate to in the avic line? Since the avic411 website doesn't actually mention it.
Try looking in the AVH sub-forum.
http://avic411.com/forum/viewforum.p...ac61e1bf7225ca
Old 07-05-2010, 09:47 PM
chadinark

Default Did it work out for you?

Hey Westin, I was thinking of this one as well and just wondering if you went with it and how it worked out. Also did you get the steering controls to work and if so what adapter? I want to use a rear view camera as well. If I do video bypass will that enable the camera to work will I'm travelling down the road (main reason I want it is for blind spots while switching lanes, not so much backing up...)

Thanks
chad
06 roadster w/ stock bose system

Last edited by chadinark; 07-05-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:55 PM
nolic1

Originally Posted by chadinark
Hey Westin, I was thinking of this one as well and just wondering if you went with it and how it worked out. Also did you get the steering controls to work and if so what adapter? I want to use a rear view camera as well. If I do video bypass will that enable the camera to work will I'm travelling down the road (main reason I want it is for blind spots while switching lanes, not so much backing up...)

Thanks
chad
06 roadster w/ stock bose system
That doesn't seem like a good solution to me. First off, wouldn't you need an extremely wide angled camera to even see the blind spot? As well, it isn't a quick switch to turn to the rear view camera unless you jerry rig a switch to the reverse wire (else you would have to switch the source every time you want to switch lanes?). Seems like turning your head to the side is just as easy.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 AM
chadinark

Originally Posted by nolic1
That doesn't seem like a good solution to me. First off, wouldn't you need an extremely wide angled camera to even see the blind spot? As well, it isn't a quick switch to turn to the rear view camera unless you jerry rig a switch to the reverse wire (else you would have to switch the source every time you want to switch lanes?). Seems like turning your head to the side is just as easy.
yeah, good points. I have a 30 minute commute every day that involves a lot of lane switching so I guess my thinking was that once I had a radio station set, just turn on the rear view and leave it. (I'm assuming you can play radio and have camera working simultaneously, right?). I've seen them as wide as 150 degrees so you can get them w/ a pretty wide angle.

I think now w/ these pioneer units I'm more concerned w/ what I read yesterday which was a post by someone saying it wouldnt work correctly w/ the iPhone 4 and OS4, which I plan to purchase asap. So I might hold off until a solution is revealed for that.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
orgasm_donor

The 3200 is a pretty decent deck especially for the price. I have sold quite a few of them and installed them as well. As for the rear view camera, I also enjoy having it on all the time so I just put a fulltime screen up top where my Navi used to be (my Z120 has Navi in it). I like being able to pop open the cubby lid to see behind me at any time I want. My screen is an Alpine and the rear camera is a Boyo.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 AM
chadinark

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
The 3200 is a pretty decent deck especially for the price. I have sold quite a few of them and installed them as well. As for the rear view camera, I also enjoy having it on all the time so I just put a fulltime screen up top where my Navi used to be (my Z120 has Navi in it). I like being able to pop open the cubby lid to see behind me at any time I want. My screen is an Alpine and the rear camera is a Boyo.

ok I LOVE the look of this install... this would be even better for me! I wasnt really crazy about screwing w/ the deck everytime I wanted to use the camera anyway. Can you please tell me exactly what model of alpine monitor? It's just a stand-alone monitor? Was that install hard? How'd they get it to look like such a perfect fit? Is there a special kit for that cubby hole? More info would really be appreciated!

thanks

Last edited by chadinark; 07-09-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
orgasm_donor

I used an Alpine TMEM-701 7" stand alone monitor. You need a TR-7 video bypass so you can watch while driving but thats really about it. I had to fabricate a metal strap which holds the monitor to the bezel and some slip double-sided foam tape to make sure it attached well enough and not rattle. The monitor has two inputs off of the box as well so you can run a video signal to it from elsewhere. I chose simple because thats the kind of person I am. Hehe....