Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Issues with st800 install

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad this was all resolved! Duno why i didnt think of swapping boxes like you did with your friend...that made things simple! lol
Old 01-18-2012, 12:02 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Junkster
Glad this was all resolved! Duno why i didnt think of swapping boxes like you did with your friend...that made things simple! lol
Thanks, yeah, I'm glad the Z is up and running again. was getting pretty tired of driving a Mini Cooper to work. good car, great mileage and all, don't get me wrong, but it's not a Z lol
Old 01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
dmroberson

Ok, so I got the replacement main unit in... Guess they didn't wait for me to send mine back... Anyway, the entire label on the back that labels everything is in Korean... But that's ok. I'll try to get it installed in the next couple days.

Right now, it's 2:15PM so it's way past my bed time lol
Old 01-22-2012, 12:39 AM
dmroberson

Ok so the new main unit is in, and the door locks are working correctly, and everything. Only issue so far is the clutch... Again, every time I press the clutch, the starter grinds... I didn't change any of the wiring, just plugged in the new main unit, after sending back the last one.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 AM
KPierson_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the unit start the car up correctly? How is the starter output set up on the unit? Does it have an internal starter relay or external?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:50 PM
dmroberson

The unit does start correctly, only when I press the button to turn on ACC, then again for ON, then again for START.

It does not start correctly when I go from a completely OFF state, to START. It turns the wipers on.

Haven't found that wire yet, btw. While I was waiting for the replacement unit, I unplugged the main harness, basically restoring the OEM system and just drove it that way so I can go to and from work.

There were a couple relays that we had to add to the system during install. One of which does have something to do with the ignition process.

I'll work on getting the details as time permits. Gotta work tonight, so it's not going to happen today.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:45 AM
suprasam

I only had to add one relay for my clutch sensor so it could remote start. What were the other relays for?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:08 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello

You need to rewire the clutch electrical relay. When i made the thread for you guys in DIY section it was made for my automatic. But i also installed on my friend manual. The clutch bypass is used for remote start the car only. When you use the push start button, you have to step on the clutch. I dont know why the starter grind when you step on it. you might want to contact nathan@dowon-techusa.com He helped me with the installation and installed for my buddy for free. Not really installed but he took his time to help going over the wires and correct them one by one. it took like 6 hours for him to do everything but he didnt charge a penny. Look for him.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
sssmasss

Talking

Originally Posted by KPierson_
The blue wire on the KPtechnologies module connects to the LOCK wire of the car. However, there is no connection to the UNLOCK wire.

I, personally, wouldn't even be worried about the door locks right now. I would focus first on the windshield wiper issue (most likely an incorrect connection at BCM) and then the issue where the starter cranks when you push the clutch all the way down (either starter relay wired incorrectly or starter relay defective on the aftermarket system).

Only after you get the important stuff working would I even start thinking about door locks.

i was thinking of this but you beat me to it. ahahah windshield wiper issues cracked me up!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

i will be happily paying the guy who does these locally 200 bucks to install mine.. i hate being under the dash.. fully capable of the wiring, but eesh.. i didnt even get the 800, i think mines the 200.

Hey can i ask anyone here if they hate the push button as much as i do? I mean, it wiggles.. not to thread jack, but hey, youre all here.

Im going to mount mine on the ignition where the key would have gone.. anyone have exp w that.. or common issue w the cheap feel to the button versus cars w one OEM?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:44 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by bmccann101
i will be happily paying the guy who does these locally 200 bucks to install mine.. i hate being under the dash.. fully capable of the wiring, but eesh.. i didnt even get the 800, i think mines the 200.

Hey can i ask anyone here if they hate the push button as much as i do? I mean, it wiggles.. not to thread jack, but hey, youre all here.

Im going to mount mine on the ignition where the key would have gone.. anyone have exp w that.. or common issue w the cheap feel to the button versus cars w one OEM?
hm? my feel pretty solid bro. if you want you can get an aftermarket button on ebay.

I placed my on the dash and covered the ignition hole with a cap. 200 dollars is really cheap bro. I think people will do it for $300. I think it is fair though because it gonna take them atleast 5 hours. But hey if you can do it then go for it. Nothing beat the satisfaction knowing you install the system yourself.

and BMCCann101. are you the guy that looks like a Columbian drug lord????? hehehe i think i saw your picture before

Last edited by sssmasss; 02-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.