Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Za33cK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din

Just recently bought an ouku 7" double din on ebay, yeah yeah ebay blah blah...anyways i did my research on the cd deck, watched some youtube reviews on it, and read some peoples opinions on it, turns out i liked it, so i bought it, its got android 2.3.5 on it, i know my **** when it comes to android, yeah its outdated, but gingerbread was solid firmware, well to my point, i just received the cd deck today and was about to start it, but i have no clue where to start, ive installed other head units before, but never any with navi, dvd, and touchscreens, for starters in this picture what does this black box connect to on the right hand side of the pic, in the past i just had wires instead of the black connector that im talking about, and i would just splice into them and hook up the wires found from inside the car, i wasnt given any install directions, and im sure i probably have to buy some kind of special wiring harness, but any help would be appreciated, links, or pages to help direct me with a similar install like this
Attached Thumbnails What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din-imag0001.jpg   What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din-imag0007.jpg  
Old 12-27-2012, 03:09 PM
User 42426

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was under the assumption that its plug and play. I have an avic d3 with navi/dvd/touchscreen and it was a straight foward install. Took out my stock bose and plugged stuff in
Old 12-27-2012, 04:41 PM
JPT0117

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks like the RCA connectors on the left are preamp outputs and connections on the right hand in the picture need to go the stock wiring harness. looks like you need an adapter or you need too splice.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:41 PM
YardieXplorer

Originally Posted by stevehl
I was under the assumption that its plug and play. I have an avic d3 with navi/dvd/touchscreen and it was a straight foward install. Took out my stock bose and plugged stuff in
And to clarify, you were able to do this without a harness?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 PM
FairladyBlue

go buy a nissan harness from walmart, target or where ever.. cut the black box off so what remains are the wires that you need to connect to the harness (speaker wires, ground, hot, remote, etc). connect them like you usually would. on the far left is the gps antenna. in the middle are the audio, video outs, etc etc. if you dont have an installation manual that reveals the which speaker wires are which, you will have to do a process of elimination.. or search the net

Last edited by FairladyBlue; 12-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
FairladyBlue

Originally Posted by YardieXplorer
And to clarify, you were able to do this without a harness?
if your exchanging the stock radio, you will need a $10+ harness which you can find at walmart among other places
Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Za33cK

I checked for one at walmart, nothing for my make or model, from what i understand that you are trying to say is buy a wiring harness from walmart or wherever( next stop is audio tunes or mickey shores) cut the black connector off and take those wires and connect them into the wires behind the black connector i have displayed in the pic above by splicing into them?? Other then that the rca cables are for an amp or other monitors or backup cams which i dont have so.i dont need to.mess with those
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Za33cK

alright so i got the unit working, but i have some wires left over, a pink wire that says brake and a brown wire that says back, they are both coming from the harness that came with the head unit, i have noticed when i start the car and switch the screen to video mode the screen says ATTENTION: car needs to be parked or something like that, so im guessing it has something to do with those wires i just explained, any ideas where they connect to,

also if you notice i bought the Scosche wire harness, but it just connects to the middle connector and the right connector on the stock bose harness, where does the connector on the left go, or what does those 4 wires do that are attached to that connector, pic is above with the rest

the last question i have is, how do you connect the grounds, if you notice in the picture the ground used from the cd deck i connected with 1 of the connectors from the Scosche harness, but then there were 2 more black wires coming from another 1 of the Scosche connectors that i decided to take the both solid black ground wires coming from both Scosche connectors and combine them with the original ground from the cd decks harness, the picture is above for that also

if someone has any idea can you please help me out or pm me, thanks
Attached Thumbnails What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din-imag0032.jpg   What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din-imag0028.jpg   What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din-imag0005.jpg   What did i get myself into lol 7" double-din-imag0009.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 AM
red roadster

If you have steering wheel controls the harness of the left with 4 wires is probaly for it. Don't cut it off, just went through that nightmare with my car, trying to figure it out after the last owner did a upgrade cut the harness to install a aftermarket adapter to make steering wheel control function then when he got ready to sell the car put stock h/u back in and just left the wires hanging. If indeed it is for steering wheel controls and it looks like it is. When and if you add to aftermarket adapter, add into the harness by spicing behind the connector or if you must cut it out leave plenty of wire to resplice into it, and at least then keep that plug with stock h/u. Sorry for the rant on that but it wasn't fun tracing that harness out.

Last edited by red roadster; 01-13-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

The one that says "brake" is likely for the ebrake so you can only watch DVDs when ebrake is up. I just found a good ground and now I can watch DVDs on the road! Good luck
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Za33cK

yeah ill try finding a good ground myself, as far as mounting the cd deck, did you guys just use the old brackets that were attached to the bose head unit, not sure yet how everythings going to fit since im doing little to it everyday, but i read people buying the metra indash molding kit and cutting out the middle?? any particular reason for that, shouldnt the 7" screen fit the exact area that the old bose unit was taking up??
Old 06-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Navi2003AL

Default Ouku stereo

I bought one too. Best buy can install for $115, but you have to buy install kit and additional wire harness. I paid $43 for both on my 2003 Navigator. I took it somewhere else to get installed because Best Buy said it was too big for my slot. The installer couldn't get the camera to work or the visor TV. Stereo works fine. Having trouble with the GPS now it was just installed yesterday
Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Sylvia Zcarr

That 'black box' is most likely your GPS antenna!

Didn't it come with install instructions? If not - download them! Now!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:52 PM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Black box is the GPS Antenna I put mines rite behind cluster on my 370Z. It was a kenwood came with same thing.