Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

350z aux ipod options

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
knillsoccer13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z aux ipod options

http://factoryradioservice.com/nissa...nput-p-28.html

i found this and wondered how they do this and if there was a diy to do it.(if someone could make one) also exploring other options like the PA which i hear are crap and distort audio. also like the metra wired fm modulator but i do not see any diy's for this stuff and don't want to go in blind. Ps: i like the look of my stock radio. any help/advice here? (06 track or touring, bose, no steering wheel controls)
Old 01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
FamilyTradition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the search button. All the info you want is there. Full write up and pictures I believe in one of the threads. Parts listed and etc.

Search.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
knillsoccer13

Originally Posted by FamilyTradition
Use the search button. All the info you want is there. Full write up and pictures I believe in one of the threads. Parts listed and etc.

Search.
i did and didnt find anything useful..still trying havent used this site in over a year it has changed a little
Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
FamilyTradition

Searched Ipod stock radio:
Got this in two seconds:
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...ml#post9672236
Which got me here:
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...-pa15-nis.html
And then using PA15-NIS as a search got me a ton of other stuff. Ill leave the rest to you.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM
knillsoccer13

Searched Ipod stock radio:
Got this in two seconds:
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...ml#post9672236
Which got me here:
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...-pa15-nis.html
And then using PA15-NIS as a search got me a ton of other stuff. Ill leave the rest to you.
i guess you didn't read this or my thread ( i read this post(as well as many other saying its garbage) alreadythx anyway

zakmartin
Pissed
2008 Nissan 350Z

Trader Score: (0)
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Today's Activity: 8.9%
Today's Activity: 8.9% Today's Activity: 8.9% Today's Activity: 8.9%
Send a message via Yahoo to zakmartin

I would stay away from the USA PA11-NIS. I did a write-up on it a few years ago. It's garbage. The volume from your Ipod will be halved, it's super slow and it sounds like garbled monkey crap. I went through two of them before I gave up and tore everything out. Also, Pacific Audio's customer service is the worst I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

The only GOOD solution: get rid of the BOSE system and start over.

Next best thing: Use a FM modulator type hook-up.

Last resort: JL Audio cleansweep + signal summing processor

I have the PA11-NIS and the cleensweep/signal summing processor rotting away in a box in my garage right now.

There's no good way out of the crappy "premium" stereo Nissan sold us with the 350Z.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
FamilyTradition

Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 PM
knillsoccer13

anybody with some actual knowledge? not just thread searching? or actually found a thread with a metra diy on a stock hu
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM
knillsoccer13

actually very short if you read what your suppose to.... get out troll, you pictures are simply annoying not helpful not funny
Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 PM
flyboy9545

Dont even bother with the stock HU... you will get better sound plus most aftermarket hu's have integrated iPod controls which help out a ton...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM
knillsoccer13

Originally Posted by flyboy9545
Dont even bother with the stock HU... you will get better sound plus most aftermarket hu's have integrated iPod controls which help out a ton...
i was pretty much looking for something to get by* until summer because i hope to get installed everything at once.. a double din a 500/1 jl amp two jl subs and some component speakers. Even though i dont really drive it right now, we are not getting snow so i may start and just get tired of making cd's that last a week because the slightest scratch will make them not play on mine
Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM
FamilyTradition

Originally Posted by knillsoccer13
actually very short if you read what your suppose to.... get out troll, you pictures are simply annoying not helpful not funny
Okay, Ill leave ya alone.

Post in the correct forum and you might get some help from the audio guys.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Suwaidi

That negative review wasn't for the PA15, it's for the PA11. I have no idea what the differences are, but I've had the PA15-NIS for over a year now with no issues.

- The volume from the iPod is NOT halved.
- Song changing is just as fast as you tapping the next button on your iPod.
- It sounds like CD Quality, if not better (if possible).

Their customer service is NOT bad. I had an issue WHILE I was installing, called them and got to speak to a tech within two minutes. The only downside I would say are:

- High price >$100 (but worth it if you're not planning on getting a new HU)
- You have to press "5" if you want to manually control your iPod. Otherwise, the numbers on your HU correspond to playlists
- Haven't figured out how to make song titles display on HU, not a huge issue though

Last edited by Suwaidi; 01-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:46 PM
flyboy9545

i was pretty much looking for something to get by* until summer because i hope to get installed everything at once.. a double din a 500/1 jl amp two jl subs and some component speakers. Even though i dont really drive it right now, we are not getting snow so i may start and just get tired of making cd's that last a week because the slightest scratch will make them not play on mine
Good Idea but if you plan on running components get at least a 5 channel amp with at LEASt 800 watts so you can have them hooked up to the amp as well as your subs (best case i personally believe is having two amps. 1 mono amp and a 4 channel) If they are not hooked up to a good amp your wasting your money on good components because the HU amp will not produce nearly as good of sound as a actual amp
Old 01-10-2013, 03:48 PM
knillsoccer13

Originally Posted by Suwaidi
That negative review wasn't for the PA15, it's for the PA11. I have no idea what the differences are, but I've had the PA15-NIS for over a year now with no issues.

- The volume from the iPod is NOT halved.
- Song changing is just as fast as you tapping the next button on your iPod.
- It sounds like CD Quality, if not better (if possible).

Their customer service is NOT bad. I had an issue WHILE I was installing, called them and got to speak to a tech within two minutes. The only downside I would say are:

- High price >$100 (but worth it if you're not planning on getting a new HU)
- You have to press "5" if you want to manually control your iPod. Otherwise, the numbers on your HU correspond to playlists
- Haven't figured out how to make song titles display on HU, not a huge issue though

Sounds good!! thankyou! i didn't see many people specify the model, https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...ion-kit-2.html this thread shed a lot of light on the topic as well
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
knillsoccer13

Originally Posted by flyboy9545
Good Idea but if you plan on running components get at least a 5 channel amp with at LEASt 800 watts so you can have them hooked up to the amp as well as your subs (best case i personally believe is having two amps. 1 mono amp and a 4 channel) If they are not hooked up to a good amp your wasting your money on good components because the HU amp will not produce nearly as good of sound as a actual amp

i will have to think about this and talk to some buddies! i just assumed that it would work off the hu no problem. i have some buddies in the industry that wouldn't let me do anything that sounds like crap so i might have to go that way! i just wanted the subs to do all the bass where the components can put out the voices or treble or whatever the rest would be called
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 AM
flyboy9545

i will have to think about this and talk to some buddies! i just assumed that it would work off the hu no problem. i have some buddies in the industry that wouldn't let me do anything that sounds like crap so i might have to go that way! i just wanted the subs to do all the bass where the components can put out the voices or treble or whatever the rest would be called
You will be happy with whatever you get! hah just saying the only way components are worth it is if its hooked up to an amp! hah good luck with the project! update us when you do anything!