Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Window Roll up with OEM remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 04:02 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So K, since you seem to know alot about this, how do you think i could wire my radio to turn on and off how i said before, are there sensors that know when the windows are up or down? i could use those as a "switch" to turn it off and on and it would be easy dont you think?
Old 02-27-2004, 07:24 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by XBS
So K, since you seem to know alot about this, how do you think i could wire my radio to turn on and off how i said before, are there sensors that know when the windows are up or down? i could use those as a "switch" to turn it off and on and it would be easy dont you think?
There are not sensors in the windows. You're best bet is to use the door lock motor wires coming out of the BCM.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:45 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was thinking of just having it turn on when the windows are completly down, maybe i should place a switch inside the door and then run the wires to the stereo?
Old 03-01-2004, 03:49 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

iklim, not sure why your Z is differnet, but on the 03, you can hold the lock button all day, but your windows WILL NOT roll up... are Z's in Canada that different ? Or was this an addition to the 04 model ?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:25 AM
MySunset350Z

add me to the list.

how far is dayton from detroit?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:17 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by MySunset350Z
add me to the list.

how far is dayton from detroit?
It's about three and a half hours. I just made the trip not too long ago. After I get the boards done if I still haven't found a Z maybe we can work something out (I went to college in Bowing Green, Ohio, which is about half way between here dayton and detroit.

On another note, I'm going to be in Philly for the next two weeks and I [will] have some boards with me. If anyone has a Z in the Philly area let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Kevin
Old 03-01-2004, 12:46 PM
FrankieB

Thumbs up

Kevin,

Please keep me posted and add me to your list.

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:20 PM
stopgo

Kevin,

I just PM'd you. I might have a Z you could test with

Scott
Old 03-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Zman333

Default Abot test car in phily

Originally posted by KPierson
It's about three and a half hours. I just made the trip not too long ago. After I get the boards done if I still haven't found a Z maybe we can work something out (I went to college in Bowing Green, Ohio, which is about half way between here dayton and detroit.

On another note, I'm going to be in Philly for the next two weeks and I [will] have some boards with me. If anyone has a Z in the Philly area let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Kevin
Just sent you a pm about test car in phily
Old 03-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Abomination

WOOT, two test cars in one day lol, now we shall see if this thing works on our baby Z's
Old 03-03-2004, 06:03 AM
touring

add me
Old 03-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Zakira

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have time to read the whole thread but whatever it is, must be good. So add me, too.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:57 PM
KPierson
Banned

Kind of off the wall, but earlier in the thread something was brought up about turning the radio on when you unlock the door. I came up with the following circuit that uses two relays to form a latch. The circuit 'latches' when it recieves a door lock pulse and stays on until the latch is broken by a pulse of the unlock motor.

Kevin

The diode is very important. If is left out the lock motor will be energized just like the radio (or other accessory). I have never used this circuit so I am not sure if it actually works. Try at your own risk!

You can substitue the relay on the right with a timer relay and not use the other timing relay. This way you won't use the unlock signal, just the timing of the relay
Attached Thumbnails Window Roll up with OEM remote-radio-turn-on.jpg  

Last edited by KPierson; 03-03-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:32 PM
andycapp

I'd be in for a DIY kit as well. Even if it was just the windows alone I would love that!

So I hate to be "that guy" as well, but another thing to consider that I know the alientech had and was quite useful was the "vent" feature. Certain key sequences would roll down the windows just a little bit automatically. I know I could hold the remote for a shorter time than it takes to roll windows all the way down, but it was still cool. This was a less error prone way to roll the windows down just a little.

I'm not sure about the hardware/software you are using, but it certainly couldn't be too much more trouble since its just another key sequence and you are already connected to those modules.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wicked. I'm in for a kit... 4 years of EE myself, and I haven't used it in at least that long.

Way to go!
Old 03-05-2004, 06:36 PM
KPierson
Banned

[/B]

So I hate to be "that guy"
[/B]
Trust me, you arn't 'that guy,' you are one of THOSE guys!!!! I have had a lot of good suggestions since I started this poject in late January. I tried to keep the features as simple and useful as possible. Because you can vent the windows with the OEM feature I chose not to add this to the board. I want to stay away from having a bunch of keystrokes to remember. Maybe in the future I'll modify the programming and the hardware to accept such features for people who will use them, but, as of right now the software is finished and the PCBs are printed! I'm still looking for some sort of enclosure to mount them in, and this Sunday I should be installing one in a 350z for the first time!

Kevin
Old 03-05-2004, 07:44 PM
stopgo

...as of right now the software is finished and the PCBs are printed! I'm still looking for some sort of enclosure to mount them in, and this Sunday I should be installing one in a 350z for the first time!

Kevin
Kevin, maybe we could use an empty cigarette box or something to mount them in. Or a soup can. Or a plastic sandwich bag....

Scott
Old 03-05-2004, 08:14 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by stopgo
Kevin, maybe we could use an empty cigarette box or something to mount them in. Or a soup can. Or a plastic sandwich bag....

Scott
Ingenious! If I only knew someone who smoked 5-6 packs a day.......

A soup can would be conductive, in other words a fire starter!

What would I keep my sandwiches in then????

I think I found something worth looking into. Not sure how long it will take to them though though

Kevin

Mine isn't mounted in anything. It is just screwed down to a piece of plastic and the plastic is fastened to the door.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:18 PM
FairladyZ

I cant believe you havent found anyone yet.?.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:11 AM
stopgo

I cant believe you havent found anyone yet.?.
There's some good news, actually. I'm headed up to Philly tonight, and tomorrow a.m. Kevin's gonna test it on my Z. I'll post some pics late tomorrow or Monday

Quick Reply: Window Roll up with OEM remote