Window Roll up with OEM remote

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:14 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by VandyZ
Very nice. I need one of these.

Here are some other ideas for you. . .I have the logic worked out if you are interested. I dont have time to pursue them myself.

Power mirror auto lower - When putting car into reverse, mirror lowers to show curbs, etc then put mirrors back once gear is removed from reverse

TCS/ VDC reverse state - defaults to off turns on when pressed
The mirror tilt is on my list of things to get to, not a high priority though. I took the VDC switch a step farther. If you turn it on it stays on next time you start the car, if you turn it off it stays off the next time you start the car. It only changes states when you push the button. That feature would be great for the track because I feel like an idiot when I start my car, pull up to the line and then realize as soon as I hit second gear that my VDC is still on!!!!

Kevin
Old 03-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Jspec350z

Come on already stop teasing us!! I have money to spend!! Let me spend it!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
bastard

Could you possibly do it so that you can plug the stock window controls plug into your unit and it plugs into the window controls? I am sure that would be much more desirable for most of us.

Also, regarding the VDC-off idea: It would probably be better if you could make it so it remembers what setting it was at the last time you drove the car: For example, if you left it on, it comes back on next time, and if you shut it off, it stays off. I think this would be more useful for the average driver.

Last edited by bastard; 03-09-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:40 PM
CatastrophZZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Natal
This is great! I'm really interested in the 6-second ignition controlled activated door locks. I just read the G35 thread and I believe the 350Z is similar to the sedan locking system: the doors will NOT open from the inside if they are locked.

Please keep us updated on your progress. BTW, also let us know if you ever get time to fiddle around with the "Automatic Parking Side Mirror Dipper", which tilts the exterior passenger mirror when in reverse.

ehhh my uncle's MDX have that. im jealous of his.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:27 AM
jreiter

Originally posted by bastard
Also, regarding the VDC-off idea: It would probably be better if you could make it so it remembers what setting it was at the last time you drove the car:

Yup, that's what he'd doing. Check out 2 posts above your's.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:40 AM
stopgo

Just a quick update on the "Beta" version Kevin installed for me this weekend...

No problems to report *at all*. The only thing I can think of that warrants concern is that this mod won't pour me a beer and massage my back while I'm driving.

But then, my g/f won't do that either so it's not like a net loss anyway.

Getting back to reality now...

- Someone voiced concern over whether or not the microcontroller could be modified to plug directly into the factory harness (versus, I assume, having to splice wires together). Though this would be a nice feature, I doubt it would be justifiable in terms of cost/benefit. As I mentioned several days ago, there is only one wire (out of 5 or 6) that presents any real challenge, requiring removal of the front speaker to gain access to it. For most people, removing the driver's-side door panel will be a bigger challenge than wiring the controller board.

- The pictures showed a unit that was mounted in a heavily-modified (read: chewed up) Radio Shack project box. Kevin has already informed me that he's got actual, for-realsies mounts/housings for the board that will protect it from the elements, allow direct mounting to the door and will look a whole lot nicer than what you saw in the pics.

Again, I'll be happy to show y'all this thing at the Evolution meet this weekend. It kicks ***.

Scott
Old 03-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hypothetical question:

If an early version without, say, the mirror mod is purchased, would it be possible to get it updated later when said option becomes available without having to buy a new kit? IOW, does the silicon you're using have enough space to add the new features, or will you eventually have to go to a more powerful chip?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:36 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by Rahtok
hypothetical question:

If an early version without, say, the mirror mod is purchased, would it be possible to get it updated later when said option becomes available without having to buy a new kit? IOW, does the silicon you're using have enough space to add the new features, or will you eventually have to go to a more powerful chip?
An upgrade will not be possible. The window up mod mounts in the door because all the necesarry wires are in there already. All of the other options would be tapped into at or around the BCM which is under the drivers side dash.

Kevin
Old 03-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Big Sexz

Hi Kevin,

When and if there is an actual "list" I would most definitly like to be added to it. I often wondered why Nissan didnt do this in the first place. Let me know where to mail payment.

Thanks,
BSZ
Old 03-10-2004, 01:07 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by Big Sexz

When and if there is an actual "list" I would most definitly like to be added to it.
Haha there is no list, just a few REALLY long threads with different peoples name on them! We are in the process of setting up a website with online ordering. We are using PayPal as the primary method of payment, but, we are accepting checks as well. The address and other info will be on the page once its up. My inventory is slowly growing and I plan on sending about 8 units this weekend for the final beta test period. After the betas are sent out I will wait about a week before we put the website online. Once the site goes live we will only have a very limited stock on hand. That is all I know rignt now. I am having a business meeting Saturday to work out all the little details and to install a beta unit on an '02 Maxima. After Saturday I'll try to post dates and hopefully get a temp site up to tide everyone over!!!

Thanks for all the interest!
Kevin
Old 03-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Mike Wallace

Count me in... I posted a message asking if the window/up feature with the OEM Fob was possible back in oct/Nov... Glad to see someone has worked this out. Great job!
Old 03-16-2004, 04:15 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Any updates, I want one of these... bad !
Old 03-16-2004, 05:20 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by onecoolee
Any updates, I want one of these... bad !
We're in the process of setting up the website, we have about 25 units in inventory right now and I am in the process of ordering more boards so we can make more. Basically, all we are waiting on now is to finish up beta testing (this weekend) and get all the finanical stuff figured out (payapl business account). Shouldn't be too long!

Thanks for waiting,

Kevin
Old 03-16-2004, 06:49 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Cool, I am warming up the pay button in my Paypal account...I will continue to moniter new posts here...

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:35 AM
pearl430
Banned

count me in

how do i install it?????
Old 03-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Juggernaut

Originally posted by pearl430
count me in

how do i install it?????
Yeah
Old 03-16-2004, 02:48 PM
KPierson
Banned

The unit will come with install instructions, wire colors and all that stuff. The install is simple, the unit mounts inside the drivers door and hooks up to only 5 wires. 4 of the wires can be found at the power window switch (you don't even have to take the door panel off) and the other one is found behind the speaker. Our website should be up any day now.

Kevin
kptechnologies

Originally posted by Juggernaut
Yeah
Old 03-17-2004, 08:12 AM
ZISBAK

Can I be on one of the Beta test?
I've also pm you, did you get my pm at all?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:26 PM
HokieZ

Any new news? Cost?
Old 03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Sins4u33

how did i miss this post! *smacks himself* i need this badly put me on the list if there is one! also add Gnsolrac he wants one too! keap us updated on the progress and such...

Ben

Quick Reply: Window Roll up with OEM remote