Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

NON- touring SUB-Space

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 11:39 AM
dbsinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfectly!

Originally posted by saint01
got ya...i didnt' actually attach the top and bottom to the mouting plate. If you look closing in the picture, I tried to drill holes up there, but couldn't get them to work. So I mounted each sub with a total of 6 screws and brackets. If you notice in the picture, you don't see any of these because i did the mounting behind the plate. the brackets from HomDepot are farily easy to bend (some pliers and neednose will do the trick) and then just finding screws with washers and nuts that will fit all the holes.

Recap. I used 3 factory holes on one side and then bought brackets to mount the holes from the sub to the plate on the other. I bent the bracket a little on the top and bottom and put some dynomat (peal and seal) on there to eliminate the possiblity of any rattling, but didn't actually use any screws in the top and bottom locations. I have had no problems.

Does that explain it enough?
I think that my problem lies with the brackets I used. I will cruise by Home Depot and pickup some other brackets and that should resolve the rattle.

For now I just have the one sub behind the seat by am thinking about adding another one. With your setup, where did you put the amp, because I put mine under the glove box?
Old 03-16-2004, 11:43 AM
saint01

I put my amp under the passenger seat. there was much more room than i orignially though...

the brackets you find at homdepot are in the hardware isle and are simply the metal rectangular brackets. I cut some of them and just bent others depending on the angle at which i needed.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:10 PM
dbsinc

I just looked at your pictureagain and the other problem I might have is that I havew the speaker mounted from in front of the bracket and not behind it like your. I think I will try that. A buddy of mine reccomended I mount it fron the front.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you take a close up pic of the right side (I think) of your speaker where you used the brackets.

Also was removing the seat difficult? What amp do you have? Is it a small (meaning dimension not watts) one
Old 03-16-2004, 12:30 PM
saint01

I actually didn't remove the seat. I have a JL Audio 5/100 Amp. you can go to JL's site for the exact dimensions if you want to compare yours to mine.

the brackets are actaully behind the panel, so i would have to take the panel off to get the full pics. I will try and do this in the next few days, but I doubt that I will have time as I am building a house so any time spent outside of work is associated with the house. I might be able to do this, this weekend. ( remember that you have to take the full rear consol out to get to the mounting plate and then unscrew that.)

Once you put the sub behind the plate, the brackets will really be self explanatory. My sub looked like it was going to leave a huge gap, but once the brackets were tightened, it pulled the sub flush with the plate.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:32 PM
saint01

here is a rough drawing of what i did and how i did it...sorry for the poor quality...obviosuly this drawing is from the back of the plate
Attached Thumbnails NON- touring SUB-Space-diagram.gif  
Old 03-16-2004, 12:46 PM
dbsinc

Don't worry about taking the bracket off , but I do appreciate the offer. What I was hoping to see from the picture was how much was the size difference in the gap between your JL's and my alpine; but the drawing helps a lot.

I reallyappreciate your help. Good luck on the house. I actually use to live in Ohio almnost 20 years ago. I lived in the suburbs of Cleveland, Richmond Heights and Euclid just off Lake Erie. By my family moved out to LA when I was about 9 or 10. I haven't been back, but I am actually going in May to Cleveland on a business trip and am really looking forward to it. How is the weather in early may; not too hot yet I hope.

Anyway, thanks for your time, I appreciate it.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:24 AM
saint01

early May should be as pleasant as Cleveland can get...it is in June that the humidity rises up near 100%, but I am in southern Ohio...good luck and if you run into any problems, let me know as I am more than happy to help in any way that i can