Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Has the novelty worn off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 11:20 PM
CAR2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has the novelty worn off?

Went to my dealer yesterday - counted 9 Zs in the yard!!!
If you want one - same day delivery!!!

I still get LOTS of attention on the road so it is still up there. A new buyer will probably get a good deal.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:30 AM
zuffy

I still can't get enough of my car... i must have an addictive personality!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:49 AM
sundog

Still loving every minute of it. Especially now the car is properly run in and I can use a bit of wellie, it's actually fun to go to work. It's not fun when I'm there, but you know what I mean.

As for attention, I still have to wipe of the hand marks from the side windows each time I park it in a car park. The grey import P platers still follow me and I still always get let in on lane merges (anyone else notice that?).

Jim
Old 07-29-2003, 02:09 AM
Z350Lover

Yeah... I still enjoy my car very much, all the attentions that it gathers from the nismo kits and that CF lip, you just gotta love it, especially from those high school kids... hahaha... this car is really a kid's magnet!

I noticed that I got a lot of tailgating though... and of course alot of admiring too from those p platers who drive imported skylines...

Also today.... I SMOKE a lancer evo3 GSR.... we both pushed the car in second gear I believe as we all knew the light was about to change, that was why i was sort of rolling in the 2nd and not prepared to switch to the 1st. I was the 1st one moving approach to the light, that GSR was behind me (VERY CLOSE)... so when the light turned, I started to push the car GENTLY from 2nd gear (just to test him out), he definitely pushed the car as I could hear the exhaust noise from his car, so I pushed the car to the red line in 2nd, then dump the clutch, switch to the 3rd... at the mean time, he was still behind me and I don't think he had any chance to over take me (else he would have done so and tried to pass me).... while I was in the 3rd, I started to pull away from his car and I was travelling at over 100km/hr at 60km/hr zone already... so that was about 3 car length or more , I slowed down and merged and joined other cars moving slowly towards my house... and this red evo3 was travelling slightly above 60km/hr passed me with his loud exhaust... and think that he has got some good impressions on the Z already...

But after that, I kept on thinking... if we both started from the 1st, I don't think I will have much advantage as the 1st gear is VERY strong on evo, he would have easily gone pass me by a couple of cars length...

Also kept on thinking, I should not make this kind of stupid move on the street as it is really irresponsible to other drivers (although there were not any car beside us)... well.... I will behave myself from now on.... well, at least I will try!

cheers,

richie

Last edited by Z350Lover; 07-29-2003 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:42 AM
apsilon

Still happy with the car although I have a buzz coming from the back somewhere over rough road at the right speed. Just a trim panel a little loose I imagine so I'll try and track that down soon.

Car does get a lot of attention but how could it not with that shape and that blue in the sun

Can't say other motorists have been more favourable to letting me in etc but they haven't been less favourable either. Had one guy tail gate me a few weeks back but I just did the usual thing in that situation and he didn't bother again.

A client just got back from the US and said he saw heaps of them over there and lots of ads for them on TV. He likes the car a lot which is a pretty good compliment given what he can afford (and has). I offered to swap for his new SL500 but he declined.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:01 AM
fatmanoz

I see a lot of 350Zs on the road now and most of them are silver. I have only seen 2 other blues on the road and they are Apsilon and Cloud Nine. So, I am still quite happy with my car.

Lovin' my Z
Old 07-29-2003, 04:32 AM
Z350Lover

I still haven't seen much zeds around down here in Melbourne.... only see those zeds that I normally see driving on the same roads at aroud the same time.... and they are red and sunset.... saw only a couple of silvers and blues around... for all the zed's colours, haven't really seen a white one.... I think it will be nice to see that, as most of the Jap coupes look really great in white...

cheers,

richie
Old 07-29-2003, 04:41 AM
KY350

Richie, I am impressed that you blew that EVO of on a roll. But he'd probably own you from a standstill if he had no respect for his clutch.
Keep us posted on any other runs.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:45 AM
fatmanoz

Richie - I saw a white one at my dealer. It was a white Track and it looked pretty nice. The paint is sort of like pearl coat.

Apparently two friends went in and bought a white Track and a black Track. They want to hang out with the other Sydney Z owners. My dealer called me and asked how we all get together for our meets. I told him to tell them to go to this site and follow the posts.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:58 AM
sundog

That buzz you were hearing from the back, I have that too and I have identified mine but haven't fixed it yet.
The rear bumper has a mount point on either side of the car about a foot in from the edge of the bumper. The skin of the bumper is not attached and vibrates against the mounting point. You can try it by just tapping the bumper with your hand and you can hear it tapping against the mount.
I think a couple of small flat reasonably dense rubber blocks glued to the inside of the bumper skin against the mount should quiet them down.

Jim
Old 07-29-2003, 06:40 AM
ZEXC-33

Default Re: Has the novelty worn off?

Originally posted by CAR2
Went to my dealer yesterday - counted 9 Zs in the yard!!!
If you want one - same day delivery!!!

I still get LOTS of attention on the road so it is still up there. A new buyer will probably get a good deal.
Novelty sure wore off for me dude. I know there r alot of cars in dealer lots, im still getting calls from dealers wanting to sell me a car, most recent lowest price is 64K on road. Whats suprising is the number of used Z's in dealers, all with around 6-7000kms, tourings going for as low as 51K....thats less than a new RX8! But its not the first time Nissan has brought in an expensive coupe, sold well intially with demand dropping soon after.....ahem R32 GTR, last cars that did sell sold for half the original RRP.

Also the car is in a niche market segment, and for alot of ppl paying 60-70K for a Nissan is a tall ask (myself included). Most ppl these days would rather trade out-right performance for a small engined Euro 4door and revel in the Badge value. And also with the more practical and just as quick RX8 arriving, the spot light has shifted.

It will b interesting to c what the used market is like this time next yr, i dont think the convertible will attract enough sales to keep the demand up, not with the suggested 80K RRP. Who knows it may end up in the back pages of Motor as a bargain blast from the past.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:45 AM
ZEXC-33

Originally posted by Z350Lover

I noticed that I got a lot of tailgating though... and of course alot of admiring too from those p platers who drive imported skylines...

richie
ROFL Rich so true, the Zed is the latest buzz with the Grey Import crew. At least u just get tailgating, i get chocked from the black smoke pouring out of their exhaust as they take off hard then brake to get my attention

Rich with ur kit and front lip, ud definetly b king of the kids
Old 07-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Z350Lover

Originally posted by KY350
Richie, I am impressed that you blew that EVO of on a roll. But he'd probably own you from a standstill if he had no respect for his clutch.
Keep us posted on any other runs.
yeah.... that's what I feel as well... as all evos and STis are pretty strong in 1st and 2nd.... that's why I couldn't really pull away from him when I was in 2nd... it will be good to see the standstill run results... might try out with my friends if he hasn't moded his evo/sti..

will keep you guys posted if there is any run!

cheers,

richie
Old 07-29-2003, 03:54 PM
apsilon

Originally posted by sundog
That buzz you were hearing from the back, I have that too and I have identified mine but haven't fixed it yet.
The rear bumper has a mount point on either side of the car about a foot in from the edge of the bumper. The skin of the bumper is not attached and vibrates against the mounting point. You can try it by just tapping the bumper with your hand and you can hear it tapping against the mount.
I think a couple of small flat reasonably dense rubber blocks glued to the inside of the bumper skin against the mount should quiet them down.

Jim
I would've sworn it was coming from inside but I'll check that out. Thanks. I presume you can get to it from underneath? Maybe I'll wait until I do the exhaust in a week or so.

I still haven't seen any colours on the road other than Silver and Sunset apart from the other DBs when we've met up. I've seen all the colours in the showroom but I'd lke to see the red and white in full sun.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:30 PM
zuffy

I saw a black Z near Centenial Park on the Randwick side. Very very nice in black.

I still prefer silver due to the chrome door handles.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:12 AM
CAR2

The buzz noise (if it is the same as mine) is the pull release cable on the Z bar accross the boot space.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:52 AM
Cloud Nine

well the novelty sure hasn't worn off for me either - if you pass a group of people on the side of the road just glance back occasionally and see the result after you go past - nearly always the heads are all turned...but we often don't notice it 'cos we are driving.

I has an old VW with new spraypaint pass me on the right and hold his position - next thing is the passenger is adjusting his left hand mirror so he can keep eyeballing my car!!

I think its got a lot to do with the Daytona Blue as I reckon its more of a standout than the silver.....
Old 07-30-2003, 06:34 AM
ZEXC-33

LOL u dont need a 70 thousand dollar Nissan to turn heads. My mate's 476rwkw 10second street trim VL Calais turbo recieves bows from the teens walking down the street and hanging out of there car windows screaming "pooooow u mad c_ _ t"

And he bought it wacked for $1000 and repaired and modded himself. His rims tho were $4000 ROFL!!!!