Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

SCCA Solo Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Chiketkd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveI65
Edited:
36 entries - 5 Z drivers (but Glenn has moved to 185 so he might have a co-driver), 1 BMW, 2 Porsche, the rest are RX-8s.

I predict this will be Carter's year. He has settled into the RX-8 and has gotten quicker at every successive event. With Jim setting up the car, that's a tough team. I wish he'd had time to run this Sunday in Nashville.
I see that Lee Piccione's co-driver Scott Blair has signed up!

I don't know about this being Carter's year - Isley is still my pick, but if I were to change it, I'd go with Piccione. Braun also has the tendency to get faster and faster as the season goes on...
Old 09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
first350

Edited:
(but Glenn has moved to 185 so he might have a co-driver)
Yep Glen offered me a co-drive in his Z I had intially decided not to go in my Z due to the amount of time, $$, vacation days required, and the fact that the Z isn't too competetive in BSP...but all of those things changed for a co-drive. Glen's the best FTW

*this will be my first time going (it's still my first yr in autoX)...I'm going mainly for expeirence and to see how my times compare to others.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:46 AM
ULLLOSE

Default Natls run/work

http://scca.com/eventitems.aspx?item...ent=5632&hub=3

My cut and paste did not lay out right on here... This is how it should look: http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/26358...ad.aspx#263585

Last edited by ULLLOSE; 09-11-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 AM
Chiketkd

Best of luck to all making the trip to Topeka!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 02:11 PM
240Zs

Topeka News
Congrats to Matthew Braun on the BS Pro Solo by +0.051 over Jason Isley, who was +0.082 over me. Now that is tight competition. Beating Matthew in the Challenge by 0.9 was a good way to finish the Pro. I finally put together the right side run I was looking for all weekend...
-lee
Old 09-22-2007, 06:03 PM
first350

Originally Posted by 240Zs
Topeka News
Congrats to Matthew Braun on the BS Pro Solo by +0.051 over Jason Isley, who was +0.082 over me. Now that is tight competition. Beating Matthew in the Challenge by 0.9 was a good way to finish the Pro. I finally put together the right side run I was looking for all weekend...
-lee

nice finsh!

Hope to see some 350Z's near the top for the Solo Nationals later this week.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Kirkster

I am bummed I was not able to make it even though I would not have been near the top... Just glad my car is working ok for Lee...
Old 09-23-2007, 06:11 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job Lee.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:30 PM
DriveI65

Nice drive Lee, I look forward to congratulating you this week.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Scarab440

Mark Daddio in His EVO were running a local event with us 2 weeks ago and looked to be in TOP shape. It should be interesting to see how he does at nationals this year.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
DmanG281

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had time to go to nationals, last year was awesome. Good luck this week guys.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by 240Zs
Topeka News
-lee
I am just not meant to get that ProSolo title. This is the 3rd time I have lost it by .083 or less, and two of them have been to Braun, with this .051 being the most he has taken me by.

If a hack like Lee can make the wrong 350Z go that fast the rest of you keyboard heros should show up. That was a great event, course could have been better, but the racing was top notch. Makes the class way more fun when a bunch of fast guys show up and it comes down to the last run.

Looking forward to thurs-fri.

p.s. Lee and I have decided Braun will have to run with balast at natls, its not fair for us regular size guys.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
first350

Originally Posted by ULLLOSE
I am just not meant to get that ProSolo title. This is the 3rd time I have lost it by .083 or less, and two of them have been to Braun, with this .051 being the most he has taken me by.

If a hack like Lee can make the wrong 350Z go that fast the rest of you keyboard heros should show up. That was a great event, course could have been better, but the racing was top notch. Makes the class way more fun when a bunch of fast guys show up and it comes down to the last run.

Looking forward to thurs-fri.

p.s. Lee and I have decided Braun will have to run with balast at natls, its not fair for us regular size guys.

Glad to hear it went well...I'll make a point to say hi this Thursday (I'm co-driving PDX_Racer's Yellow 350Z).
Old 09-28-2007, 02:17 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

J. Isley (ULLLOSE) - 1st (congrats on three-in-a-row)
M. Braun - 2nd
C. Thompson - 3rd

350Zs:
G. Austin (PDX_Racer) - 10th
L. Piccone (240Zs) - 14th
S. Blair - 21st
M. Cavanaugh - 27th
P. Umino (first350) - 29th
J. Cavanaugh - 30th
Old 09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
ULLLOSE

Great fun.... I left the door open for Braun today but he was nice enough not to take advantage, I have been trying to get him for a long time.

Nice work by Carter for BS-FTD today, he owned us on that course. btw he shall now be known as "Day 2 Thompson", always seems to come on hard and fast on day two, just needs to work on day one. Now we know why he has so many damn ProSolo Championships.

Doug had some shock problems, even though he was lucky enough to get his Koni "fixed" by the Penske guy that was on site seems like it was not the same.

Joe managed to shake his funk and set down a solid time today as well. The Zs seemes to have problems, on the course we thought they would kill us on, but Glen laid down an awesome dirty time.

SCCA Pro driver Jason Saini also bummed a BS ride, and even being a little rusty had a very solid finish and had one of the fastest, but dirty, runs today.

See you all next year, unless someone has an SS car they want to let me use.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:40 AM
DriveI65

Josh and I had fun but placed far back in the pack. No excuses. The competitors were faster this year and we were slower. I think the limited B Stock competition in the area hurt us since last Sparks decided to run CSP in a Miata. We plan to visit Texas if possible to run with the rowdy crowd we had fun with last week.

The whole experience of running and talking with the best drivers from around the country was worth the time and money! On the 12 hour drive home we worked up goals and plan for driver improvement next year. The car was great.

Congratulations Jason on the 3rd championship. Why don't you get a corvette?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:20 AM
balaguru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike,

Thanks for stopping by the FS guys and saying hi. I also placed back farther than I thought I would. Not my best driving out there, but it was cool going up against the best in the country and meeting new people. Man, Strano was fast.

Josh and I had fun but placed far back in the pack. No excuses. The competitors were faster this year and we were slower. I think the limited B Stock competition in the area hurt us since last Sparks decided to run CSP in a Miata. We plan to visit Texas if possible to run with the rowdy crowd we had fun with last week.

The whole experience of running and talking with the best drivers from around the country was worth the time and money! On the 12 hour drive home we worked up goals and plan for driver improvement next year. The car was great.

Congratulations Jason on the 3rd championship. Why don't you get a corvette?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:32 PM
first350

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
J. Isley (ULLLOSE) - 1st (congrats on three-in-a-row)
M. Braun - 2nd
C. Thompson - 3rd

350Zs:
G. Austin (PDX_Racer) - 10th
L. Piccone (240Zs) - 14th
S. Blair - 21st
M. Cavanaugh - 27th
P. Umino (first350) - 29th
J. Cavanaugh - 30th

I knew I wasn't going to be anywhere near the top (I went for the experience), but dang ...these guys are fast! IMO if I had more time with PDX_Racer's Z, I might have made up 0.5s on each course...but that's still so far from any trophy position!

Congrats to both Isleys on their 1st in BS/BSL...wonder how fast your kids will be .

PDX_Racer - thanks for the co-drive! It was great seeing you in action, espeically when you pulled out the trophy winning time on the last run of the last day - FTW!

here's a few pics from the nationals...I planned on taking more, but didn't have as much time as I thought I would:
http://picasaweb.google.com/peterumi...SCCA_Nationals

Last edited by first350; 09-30-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by first350
I knew I wasn't going to be anywhere near the top (I went for the experience), but dang ...these guys are fast! IMO if I had more time with PDX_Racer's Z, I might have made up 0.5s on each course...but that's still so far from any trophy position!

Congrats to both Isleys on their 1st in BS/BSL...wonder how fast your kids will be .

PDX_Racer - thanks for the co-drive! It was great seeing you in action, espeically when you pulled out the trophy winning time on the last run of the last day - FTW!

here's a few pics from the nationals...I planned on taking more, but didn't have as much time as I thought I would:
http://picasaweb.google.com/peterumi...SCCA_Nationals
The first time there is always a shock. When you drive in the gate and see 1000+ fools that will give up a week of their time, and a lot of money, for 6 mins of fun. But it is fun.

Starting her young.
Attached Thumbnails SCCA Solo Nationals-jessicahelmet.jpg  
Old 09-30-2007, 07:20 PM
DriveI65

Pax numbers are out. The top 30 B Stock drivers were from #40 (Isley) to #473 (J. Cavanaugh) out of 1155 drivers. B Stock was a pretty tough class.

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo Nationals