Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

SCCA Solo Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Fluid1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PedalFaster
You're going to follow that up by posting some of your national-level results, right? Otherwise, that assertion's pure comedy.
Glad to amuse you.

Anyone willing to offer a co-drive in 08 at Nats would be compensated and surprised, I guess.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by Fluid1
If I could buy you for what you think you're worth.....

If you were such a Jedi you would be racing and getting paid for it, as opposed to paying to compete. Just the truth. Didn't Carter take you pretty nicely on Sunday last year, in 'inferior' equipment? On an '8' course?

If you are in the area, you are always welcome to co-drive my car anytime. Open ended offer.
Well I sort of do get paid for it... I win money and now I get paid to write about it.

I know people like to talk about how fast Carter was on the second day, and I was there and he was fast, but I still won. You should do the math and figure out how much I beat him by the first day in order to win after he whooped me on day two. I will give you a hint, + .1 to what he beat me by on day two and you can figure what I got him by on day one.

How is the Z "inferior" when it has so much more power. Sounds like you are making an excuse before you turn a wheel. If Carter was 2nd in the car I would not call it inferior. Look how far back it was to 3rd place, there was a lot of room in the class and he was right on my @ss. So I know how fast the Z is. I don't think for a second you could have done what he did.

Everyone thinks they are fast... Show up at natls and lets see what you got. Or for that matter show us any natl level results you have. I am going to guess we see nothing from you.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Navygolf13

Dont know many of you guys in here but I do know ULLOSE and I can tell you he is FAST!!!

Only problem is he drives that sh*tty car!! LOL! BTW, are you going to streets next month with PCA?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by ULLLOSE
Well I sort of do get paid for it... I win money and now I get paid to write about it.

I know people like to talk about how fast Carter was on the second day, and I was there and he was fast, but I still won. You should do the math and figure out how much I beat him by the first day in order to win after he whooped me on day two. I will give you a hint, + .1 to what he beat me by on day two and you can figure what I got him by on day one.

How is the Z "inferior" when it has so much more power. Sounds like you are making an excuse before you turn a wheel. If Carter was 2nd in the car I would not call it inferior. Look how far back it was to 3rd place, there was a lot of room in the class and he was right on my @ss. So I know how fast the Z is. I don't think for a second you could have done what he did.

Everyone thinks they are fast... Show up at natls and lets see what you got. Or for that matter show us any natl level results you have. I am going to guess we see nothing from you.
So are you seriously stating right now that you've never said that the Z was not as good of an AUTOX car than the 8?
It is obvious and trivial that you won by a larger margin on day 1 than he beat you on day 2, and obviously you have the jacket. I read every one of your musings in the SCCA mag. Although, in that mag you are nowhere near as cocky, but I believe it's a delusion of grandeur on a forum.

I have never once claimed that you are not an awesome driver, nor that I am equal or better. There's only one way to test that... same car, same day, same track (and car experience, but I'm willing to throw that totally out....your car then mine or vice....) Whenever the stars are aligned to put us in the same location, I'd love to test both of our theories.
And to keep it as non-inflammatory as possible, I wish you the best of luck, not that you'll need it. You have proven you can compete on a national level with those who can logistically make nats each year.
There is only one person that I can't honestly say that I believe I can best in the same equipment. Mark is f'n retarded.
Not that I love repeating myself, but for the third time in this thread, my National debut will be in 09 unless I can get a co-drive. Cheers

The only National level results I have are from the SEDIV in 2004. STS class. If it weren't for a certain flatbed dropping my 89 si off the back of it, you'd have seen me both of the past two years.

Last edited by Fluid1; 08-17-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
PedalFaster

Excuses, excuses. There are codrives galore on offer at sccaforums.com. If you're serious, show up and run. Otherwise, you're the latest in a long line of people who are champions behind a keyboard but miraculously absent from the actual race results.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:30 PM
ULLLOSE

So are you seriously stating right now that you've never said that the Z was not as good of an AUTOX car than the 8?
It is obvious and trivial that you won by a larger margin on day 1 than he beat you on day 2, and obviously you have the jacket. I read every one of your musings in the SCCA mag. Although, in that mag you are nowhere near as cocky, but I believe it's a delusion of grandeur on a forum.
I talk trash about every car in my class. I am sure at some point I have called the Z a one legin pig, or something to that effect. Talking trash about a car and a car not being competitive are two very different things. I will also be the first to say how ugly the RX-8 is, fing Plymouth Prowler front fenders, again has nothing to do with how a car runs. So don't think I am one of these guys that just loves my car and thinks it is the $hit. When we bought the RX-8 we did so because a baby seat would fit in the back, unlike the Vette we had, and we fully expected we were racing for 2nd place (at best) at the 2005 natls. Everyone in the class said the 968 was the car to have, many still think that, and we all thought Ron had it in the bag.

As far as being cocky, ask Pedal Faster or anyone that has known me for a long time, I talked trash well before I was fast and I will strait up say it right to you. Half the fun of racing is all the bench racing and BS'ing. However, I also recognize skills and I will give props to the guys that can get it done. But I will still poke them and have fun with them to.

Yeah, if you wanted to run at natls this year you could find a car.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 PM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Dont know many of you guys in here but I do know ULLOSE and I can tell you he is FAST!!!

Only problem is he drives that sh*tty car!! LOL! BTW, are you going to streets next month with PCA?
Thanks... Missed you last sun, had a great course. Hope the little one is doing well.

I won't be at the streets, way to hot up there this time of year and the Mazda will melt.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:26 PM
betamotorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jayson talking trash? Whoda thunk it?

BTW... I hear he's giving up on the RX8 and planning on running a SER SpecV in a Prepared class.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:25 PM
ULLLOSE

Early word from the Packwood natl event is PDX Racer put the beat down on Braun and Wood on the practice course.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Fluid1

I talk trash about every car in my class. I am sure at some point I have called the Z a one legin pig, or something to that effect. Talking trash about a car and a car not being competitive are two very different things. I will also be the first to say how ugly the RX-8 is, fing Plymouth Prowler front fenders, again has nothing to do with how a car runs. So don't think I am one of these guys that just loves my car and thinks it is the $hit. When we bought the RX-8 we did so because a baby seat would fit in the back, unlike the Vette we had, and we fully expected we were racing for 2nd place (at best) at the 2005 natls. Everyone in the class said the 968 was the car to have, many still think that, and we all thought Ron had it in the bag.

As far as being cocky, ask Pedal Faster or anyone that has known me for a long time, I talked trash well before I was fast and I will strait up say it right to you. Half the fun of racing is all the bench racing and BS'ing. However, I also recognize skills and I will give props to the guys that can get it done. But I will still poke them and have fun with them to.

Yeah, if you wanted to run at natls this year you could find a car.
For someone so much like me, you surely hate on your own style.

You speak like I know a sh!tload of BS drivers. If I knew even one, I would be there with you this year.
Are you offering? Last I head you don't have a codriver. And being that other than the people in this thread, you are the only one I've "known" for more than 6 months.
I can sit here (literally) and spout off users and drivers who 'have my back' on a forum or can vouch or whatever, similar to you. Being a supposed expert on a sport, and an entrant, I'm disapointed to see your actions and reactions to say the least.
I am happy about the talk though. I have a lot less to lose given our circumstances.
That being said, if I can get a codrive at nats in 08 I'll take anyone up. Anyone.

Anything else I can do? Not really.....
J, feel free to answer the direct questions I've posed to you at any point. I'm patient. I also admire ( ) your careful quoting of my posts.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by PedalFaster
Excuses, excuses. There are codrives galore on offer at sccaforums.com. If you're serious, show up and run. Otherwise, you're the latest in a long line of people who are champions behind a keyboard but miraculously absent from the actual race results.

I can't wait to meet you in person.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:26 AM
ULLLOSE

For someone so much like me, you surely hate on your own style.

You speak like I know a sh!tload of BS drivers. If I knew even one, I would be there with you this year.
Are you offering? Last I head you don't have a codriver. And being that other than the people in this thread, you are the only one I've "known" for more than 6 months.
I can sit here (literally) and spout off users and drivers who 'have my back' on a forum or can vouch or whatever, similar to you. Being a supposed expert on a sport, and an entrant, I'm disapointed to see your actions and reactions to say the least.
I am happy about the talk though. I have a lot less to lose given our circumstances.
That being said, if I can get a codrive at nats in 08 I'll take anyone up. Anyone.

Anything else I can do? Not really.....
J, feel free to answer the direct questions I've posed to you at any point. I'm patient. I also admire ( ) your careful quoting of my posts.
You can try to compare yourself and talk about your disappointment, but there is a big difference between you and I. I have 14 years of results I can look back on, I was running natl events my first year, competitive or not I have been out there doing it. You want to think you can measure up, but lack any results to show your skill, or lack there of.

Again if you wanted a co-drive at natls all you have to do is visit any number of sites, sccaforums.com has a number of cars looking for co-drivers. None of the current ones are in BS but all you have to do is post a ride wanted. Last year a buddy of mine picked up a co-drive in a BS car that had won natl events for a $100. As far as my situation, I have had one co-driver in the last three years, I see no benefit to me by letting someone else drive our car.

So what is stopping you from bring your car to natls? Are you under the delusion that a natl level car has some magic mojo and your car wont keep up? There is nothing trick on our car and the people that have driven it did not magically pick up two seconds. So hop in your car and come on down.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 AM
ULLLOSE

I can't wait to meet you in person.
If you went to natls you would meet him.... He is another guy who is doing it, not just posting on a forum. He also has a trophy from natls to show for his effort. Something you wont get unless you get off your @ss.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Fluid1

You can try to compare yourself and talk about your disappointment, but there is a big difference between you and I. I have 14 years of results I can look back on, I was running natl events my first year, competitive or not I have been out there doing it. You want to think you can measure up, but lack any results to show your skill, or lack there of.

Again if you wanted a co-drive at natls all you have to do is visit any number of sites, sccaforums.com has a number of cars looking for co-drivers. None of the current ones are in BS but all you have to do is post a ride wanted. Last year a buddy of mine picked up a co-drive in a BS car that had won natl events for a $100. As far as my situation, I have had one co-driver in the last three years, I see no benefit to me by letting someone else drive our car.

So what is stopping you from bring your car to natls? Are you under the delusion that a natl level car has some magic mojo and your car wont keep up? There is nothing trick on our car and the people that have driven it did not magically pick up two seconds. So hop in your car and come on down.
Shall I post, for a 4th time, my plans for Nationals?
I'm not sure exactly what kind of results you'd like posted. Results from this year, as I'm running tire class? Or results from the 3 seasons I have season titles in CCR, or the FTD results when I was driving an automatic 1.8l sentra, or the SEDIV results I referred to previously....
As it stands, we are preparing the only way we can here in NC. You obviously know a LOT more people involved on the WC and in Kansas than I do.

Funny thing is this all stems from your own insecurities. I merely stated that I believe I would be competative with you in your own car. That's not so far fetched now, is it? And my other statement was completely factual, you are just a man, and men can be beaten. I'm not headhunting, especially not someone with your credentials. You are very respected all over, and I'm one that also pays his respects. I would never want some driver to be dissueded from coming to nationals because they fear a man, that's all.
When 'checking' my results, please note that two of my season titles (locally, no qualms admitting that) were in the car of a driver who's season title I took from him in his own car, in my first full season. I'm yet to not beat someone in their own car. I'm not claiming in any way shape or form that I think that I could do this to you. But I am the most competative person I know and would love the opportunity to get some national level competition. (not that CCR is a bunch of slouches)

Last edited by Fluid1; 08-18-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Fluid1

If you went to natls you would meet him.... He is another guy who is doing it, not just posting on a forum. He also has a trophy from natls to show for his effort. Something you wont get unless you get off your @ss.
You sure are more grumpy in the mornings.

I know I'd meet him at nationals, that was my point of the post. Do keep up!

I'm currenlty 'doing it' as well, sir. I'll be at SpeedFed tomorrow and I'm racing the CCR and Continental Tire series this year. As stated xxxxx^2 times, our 'plans' are to be at the 09 event. Unless you would like to contribute some funds... lol
Next season I will be competing in BS pro, and my co driver will be in open BS.
That is a natural progression from my current class, and the year after a full season of PBS, a full season of divisionals and nats is next. How can anyone possibly find fault in a self financed and thought out plan?

If you see Doug Smith, Ryan Thompson, Steven Rankins, Tom Hoppe.... they know me and we've raced together.

Last edited by Fluid1; 08-18-2007 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:21 PM
DriveI65

Focus people!

We need more 350Z drivers in Topeka.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:44 PM
z-u-later

Will SCCA place a NISMO Z in BS if they attend Nationals? Just posing a question since I'm sure it won't take long for someone to do so if it's allowed in BS.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Kirkster

It does not look like it will be classed this year. If one did run in BS and win, it would be an instant protest...
Old 08-18-2007, 07:29 PM
z-u-later

Protest from who . . . the Mazda crowd? And what would be the reason for a protest?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Kirkster

The reason is that it is not officially classed...

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo Nationals