Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

SCCA Solo Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:53 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ULLLOSE
Early word from the Packwood natl event is PDX Racer put the beat down on Braun and Wood on the practice course.
But couldn't follow through...

...and in the rain on Sunday it looks like I've cooked my front street tires (which also double as my rain tires). When you have to slow to 15 MPH to turn, I guess they're done.

Congrats to Joe, Mike, Matthew, and especially Brian.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:03 PM
PDX_Racer

Originally Posted by z-u-later
Protest from who . . . the Mazda crowd? And what would be the reason for a protest?
I'm afraid that I'd probably join in that protest -- the seam-welding is a big red flag (and a HUGE performance improvement).

There are precedents for not allowing it into stock class with the rest of the 350Zs, and here's just a partial list of excluded cars where the "base" model is legal: Camaro SS; Lotus Sport Elise; Corvette C6 Z06 (just allowed in this year, but there's only one tire available); Porsche 996 GT3 (only recently allowed) and 997 GT3.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:53 AM
PedalFaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Solstice guys protested the Solstice GXP Z0K to get the classing process moving.

Fluid1, I can post that I'm eight feet tall and drive a gold-plated Ferrari Enzo in H Stock, but until I actually produce some solid evidence of such, I'm just making stuff up on the internet, and will be called out accordingly. That's why people are calling BS on you. As for your regional title(s), congratulations, but pretty much everybody in the top half of Nationals results has a basketload of regional titles to their name, so winning one doesn't prove anything.

And Jason, my nationals trophy count at least matches your jacket count.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:29 AM
DriveI65

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
But couldn't follow through...

...and in the rain on Sunday it looks like I've cooked my front street tires (which also double as my rain tires). When you have to slow to 15 MPH to turn, I guess they're done.

Congrats to Joe, Mike, Matthew, and especially Brian.
Sorry to hear about your weekend. Sounds like my wasted Walnut Ridge weekend.

The surface was that abrasive? I've ran the last two weekends on my streets to correct some bad habits and they aren't as bad as you describe. I have 14k on the OEM Bridgestones 050s. I'm swapping them out for some Kumhos next month.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by PedalFaster
The Solstice guys protested the Solstice GXP Z0K to get the classing process moving.

Fluid1, I can post that I'm eight feet tall and drive a gold-plated Ferrari Enzo in H Stock, but until I actually produce some solid evidence of such, I'm just making stuff up on the internet, and will be called out accordingly. That's why people are calling BS on you. As for your regional title(s), congratulations, but pretty much everybody in the top half of Nationals results has a basketload of regional titles to their name, so winning one doesn't prove anything.

And Jason, my nationals trophy count at least matches your jacket count.
This correct and harsh reality is brought on by losers who sit on a computer. I was uot racing at the SpeedFed Nationals in Rockingham yesterday. They had NASA rules, and I took 1st place in TTB. With a cone. My codriver was over 2 seconds slower on the ~55-60 second course.

In two weekends is the CCR/Continental Tire 24 hour autox in Charlotte. I'll be sure to post results from that as well. Along with every other event I attend this year, and total season results. What else can I possibly do for you e-hosers? lol

I don't feel I need another member to come on here and vouch for me. Results for me are all over the internet, I'm one of 6 people with my last name in the USA.

I will stick to every statement I've made....and until we can all get together and race together, ease up on the hatin' a little girls, I'm no e-racer. As stated, you'll see results from each and every race I attend until 09 Nationals. Perhaps you could do the same? Maybe we should start a results thread. So much hate from you uptight ladies when I merely stated that I'd be competative with Jason in his car.
I'd be competative with you in your car too, hunny.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 AM
DmanG281

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluid1
This correct and harsh reality is brought on by losers who sit on a computer. I was uot racing at the SpeedFed Nationals in Rockingham yesterday. They had NASA rules, and I took 1st place in TTB. With a cone. My codriver was over 2 seconds slower on the ~55-60 second course.

In two weekends is the CCR/Continental Tire 24 hour autox in Charlotte. I'll be sure to post results from that as well. Along with every other event I attend this year, and total season results. What else can I possibly do for you e-hosers? lol

I don't feel I need another member to come on here and vouch for me. Results for me are all over the internet, I'm one of 6 people with my last name in the USA.

I will stick to every statement I've made....and until we can all get together and race together, ease up on the hatin' a little girls, I'm no e-racer. As stated, you'll see results from each and every race I attend until 09 Nationals. Perhaps you could do the same? Maybe we should start a results thread. So much hate from you uptight ladies when I merely stated that I'd be competative with Jason in his car.
I'd be competative with you in your car too, hunny.

If I ever meet you will you sign my shoes. Preferably the bottom of them. Ok thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 09:32 AM
PedalFaster

Fluid1, I think you're missing the point, which is you can win all of the local events you want -- it doesn't prove anything about how you'd fare at the national level. Not saying that you can't succeed nationally, but rather that no one will believe your claims that you can until you do. Ask Jason how much crap he gave Mike Lillejord before he started doing national-level events. The fact that you've ignored both Jason and I pointing out the many codrives available on SCCAForums doesn't add to your credibility.

Anyway, since we've done several iterations of "I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!1!" -> "prove it" -> "I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!1!" -> "prove it" without actually learning anything new, I think it's safe to say that this subthread isn't going anywhere. So yes, I concede -- you are the world champion of everything, you're clearly the best driver who ever lived, and it was ridiculous of me to disbelieve you given that you wrote it on the internet.

As for the rest of you not going to Nationals: why don't some of you band together and codrive with each other like Glenn and Jun did last year? That way the expenses are reduced, and only one out of every pair needs to get a car to Topeka. Alternately, if funding's the sticking point, post on the aforementioned SCCAForums site fishing for a codriver. Or even do the traitorous thing and jump into someone else's RX-8 like I did last year. The trip and the experience is worth it -- believe me.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Fluid1

I can agree with most points made there man.
Minus where I said I'm the kind of the world. I said multiple times that I'd be competative in your cars.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 AM
DmanG281

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The trip and the experience is worth it -- believe me.

+1
Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 PM
z-u-later

For most of us, I don't think it's so much the lack of funds or availability of a competitive car. I'll gladly go to Nationals, even with the lack of experience competing at that level, or even just Regionals. I think the experience alone at that level is worth the trip. Unfortunately, in my case, I just don't have the flexibility to get time away from work to travel to Topeka. Heck, I'm happy (& lucky) just to have one free Sunday a month away from work & family to attend our local auto-x event.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by DmanG281
If I ever meet you will you sign my shoes. Preferably the bottom of them. Ok thanks

Wait wait wait..... who the blue hell are you? Forgive me if you thought I was speaking to you at some point.... I wasn't.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:37 PM
PDX_Racer

Originally Posted by DriveI65
Sorry to hear about your weekend. Sounds like my wasted Walnut Ridge weekend.

The surface was that abrasive? I've ran the last two weekends on my streets to correct some bad habits and they aren't as bad as you describe. I have 14k on the OEM Bridgestones 050s. I'm swapping them out for some Kumhos next month.
No, it's just that the fronts are getting close to two years old (now) and have been through some serious heat cycling (they've been driven on almost every practice, every rain event, and two Evolution schools) so they are pretty much "rocks." In fact, maybe rocks would be softer. I just didn't think about that on Sunday morning -- I figured that they were in better shape. Bad me.

Lesson learned. Over half of the RX-8s were still on 710s, and I probably should have been too.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:16 AM
DriveI65

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
Lesson learned. Over half of the RX-8s were still on 710s, and I probably should have been too.
If there isn't standing water all over the course I find you have more traction with the 710s than streets. I have tried them in a downpour with water sheeting over the course and 710s can give you a whole new appreciation for hydroplaning.

z-u-later, I know the pressures that a real life put on autocrossing. I'm not knocking anyone. I'm old but enthusiastic, the kids are grown and this is an activity where I can have a blast with my son driving the Z. I'd like to meet some more of the forum members before I get much slower.

Funny, Josh has my 03 but only wants to drive the 07 in competition.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:08 PM
balaguru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I just registered the G35 in FS. I'm gonna have to take a month off school which I'll have to make up later, but I probably won't get an opportunity like this for another 5+ years.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Chiketkd

Originally Posted by Kirkster
I may have a scheduling conflict that will prevent me from going... and if that is the case Lee will be in an FS Shelby...
Any update Kirk? I see Lee Pic still registered in BS as of this morning. Is he trying to find a co-driver? Would be nice to see him go head-to-head against Isley...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:20 AM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by Kirkster
I may have a scheduling conflict that will prevent me from going... and if that is the case Lee will be in an FS Shelby...
If you were a real friend you would just let him bring the car. I would hate to see the class get any smaller.

btw where are the women? You Z guy do like girls don't ya? Every girl in BSL is in a Mazda.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
PDX_Racer

It's hard to find a lot of ladies that like powerful/fast cars, and those that do seem to only want to drive Corvettes.

On the other hand, it's easy to justify a four-door family car to almost any lady, especially one that doesn't have a lot of power.

Seriously though, we need more, higher-placing 350Zs. Carter was a "known quantity" so everyone expected him to do well. The problem is that we need more 350Z drivers to come out and play with their stock-class-eligible cars.

I hope that I "woke up" the RX-8 crowd at the Packwood Pro (especially because Braun, Goeke and Wood are no slouches), and put some hope into the Z crowd. In spite of courses that have been described as a bit tight, I saw a lot of "slow, handling-type" of cars that had *no* problems going fast. The so-described "pin turns" were decreasing radius and increasing radius corners that favored being tight and tidy -- not being powerful and torquey.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:42 AM
PedalFaster

Glenn, why don't you offer Lee a codrive in your car if Kirk can't make it?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Chiketkd

Glenn, why don't you offer Lee a codrive in your car if Kirk can't make it?
+1 It'll definitely be worth a shot. Send a pm to Kirkster Glenn as he'll be able to get in touch with Lee Pic pronto!!!

Would be nice to see a B-stock top 6 of Isley, Piccione, Austin, Goeke, Braun and Wood -- give or take a few hot shoes I may be leaving out!

Last edited by Chiketkd; 08-27-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
PDX_Racer

To be even considered in the same sentence as Isley, Piccione, Goeke, Braun and Wood is a compliment!

Personally, I'd like to see Zs and RX-8s mixed in the top 5 (Z on top, of course) but only separated by a total of 0.2 seconds (first to fifth).

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo Nationals