Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

SpeedTrialUSA track day @ GingerMan Raceway August 15

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 07:49 PM
speedtrialbrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SpeedTrialUSA track day @ GingerMan Raceway August 15

Hello everybody,

SpeedTrialUSA is holding a lapping day Friday, August 15, at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, MI. Since this is such short notice, registration will be at the track only. Instruction will be provided, but will be a little harder to come by. So call in sick or get the time off and come out to GingerMan with us for a good time!

This event is $125 (cash or checks please) for the day which includes intstruction for those that need/want it and also your tech inspection. We will be running our groups in 20 minute sessions, so you will have more track time than you will know what to do with! Arrive at the track at 7:30am, Drivers meeting at 8:30 am, first session begins at 9am.

For more information, please check out our site; http://www.speedtrialusa.com or email me at speedtrialbrian@yahoo.com.

I hope to see some of you there.

Race-on,
Brian.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:52 AM
peptidbond

I am highly, highly interested in attending this event. I have sent you an email. Please reply when you have the chance. Did I mention how much I want to do this?
Old 07-31-2003, 04:55 PM
speedtrialbrian

Originally posted by peptidbond
I am highly, highly interested in attending this event. I have sent you an email. Please reply when you have the chance. Did I mention how much I want to do this?

We're glad to hear that you are interested in our upcoming event.

Since we are handling registration at the track, it gives us more flexibility to maximize each run group. If we have a ton of beginners, then we'll break them up into two groups. Also, we will have instruction available at the track and will work with you throughout the day to make sure that you are on the right track.

This event is for enthusiasts that drive all different makes and models of cars from Corvettes to Integras to Lotus' to Vipers. Your car is more than adequate.

You should really consider getting yourself a pair of front brake pads as well. I am partial to the Hawk HP Plus or the Blues. The Carbotech Panther Plus are also supposed to be pretty good as are the products from Cobalt Friction Technologies. Your stock pads may be fine, but they may start to fade on you pretty fast as you build up speed. It is ALWAYS a good idea to have extra brake pads with you at the track anyway.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Brian.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:44 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to take a break till Road America in September.......but I'm already going through a rough withdrawal, sooooooooooooo I may try a new track.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:39 PM
speedtrialbrian

Originally posted by EnthuZ
I was going to take a break till Road America in September.......but I'm already going through a rough withdrawal, sooooooooooooo I may try a new track.
Good deal. GingerMan is a great track. It is not overly fast, but it is really technical. There is a lot of run-off space and only one wall making it one of the safest places to run as well.

Hope you can make it out,
Brian.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:16 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

I've run at Gingerman....actually had the Z there in the end of June at the ClubSi lapping day. All I did was slap on some Hawk HP+ pads and the Z was GREAT on the track.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:06 PM
daytona350z

i was looking at the web site, i couldnt find anything on the age restriction. is there even one? or do u just have to have a DL#?
Old 08-05-2003, 05:12 PM
speedtrialbrian

There is no particular age requirement, but you do have to have a valid drivers license. Also, if you are under 18, you must have a parent/guardian present at the track with you for the event.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:02 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Brian, a simple question..........what time zone is South Haven? Do I need to leave an hour earlier?

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:34 PM
speedtrialbrian

Yes. South Haven is on Eastern Standard time, so you lose an hour going up, but gain an hour coming home.

Less than a week. See you soon,
Brian.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:01 AM
Jewelz350

Is there any problem with having a two-driver car? I assume you can put us in separate classes. Also, is air available at the track or do I need to bring my air tank?
Old 08-11-2003, 01:35 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

GREAT 2 blue Z's to race! 3 drivers

Joyia, would you teach me how to do those smoky burn-outs?

Anyone else going?
Old 08-11-2003, 01:50 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Sorry, I forgot THE picture:
Attached Thumbnails SpeedTrialUSA track day @ GingerMan Raceway August 15-jewelz-track-daytona.jpg  
Old 08-11-2003, 07:04 PM
speedtrialbrian

Originally posted by Jewelz350
Is there any problem with having a two-driver car? I assume you can put us in separate classes. Also, is air available at the track or do I need to bring my air tank?
No problem with two drivers and one car. Each driver needs to register seperately. We can put you in different run groups as long as you are at different levels.

Air is available as is racing fuel. The air is free and the fuel is very expensive.

See you Friday,
Brian.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:42 AM
Jewelz350

EnthuZ--LOL, that pic was almost a year ago! I'll be bringing the guy who co-drives my car when we autoX. He has beaten me the last 3 races (boo) but I beat him last week at the drag strip so we want to duke it out at the track for bragging rights! I just got a set of 17" wheels so I'm pretty excited to see how they ride.

We'll see you there.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:07 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Joyia, that pic was taken while I was becoming VERY impatient waiting for mine.......finally 3 months later I got Z'd!

I sure hope you're not getting sticky meats/shoes mounted also.....
Old 08-13-2003, 05:16 AM
peptidbond

I am definitely going. EnthuZ, you better be there. I have a hotel now and my car is tuned perfectly (oil change, brake change, etc). At any rate, see y'all there!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:56 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

peptidbond, I'll be bringing extra "200 MPH" tape for you to borrow!

I just finished putting on my track pads, waiting for my "bleeder" to show up........

I'll be there ......rain or shine......it's looking like HOT with a CHANCE of showers

Rumor has it that the track chief rocks!

A warning though.....my Bell helmet bag arrived today, sooooooo I be strutting cool!