Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

How to replace brakes and rotors...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:36 PM
MeetJoeAsian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace brakes and rotors...

Planning to change out my rotors and pad....about 22k miles on them, and I hear my brakes squeak, giving me a reason to put something better on...so what's good, what to avoid? I want cross-drilled and slotted rotors...what's the benefits and drawbacks of them? The one thing I remember about slotted rotors from previous experience is that you can't resurface them....I know i've asked this before in previous threads, but what are some brands of rotors and pads you are using and how do you like them?

And lastly, did you install your setup by yourself or did you do it at the dealership? I've done it before on my TL-S, Integra, and Accord...but how easier is it on a Z? Any instructions????

thanX
Old 10-13-2005, 04:37 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brembo or non-Brembo?

I started life with the non-brembo system. I upgraded the rotors with the EBC type, they are slotted and dimpled so they are resurfacable. I also used the EBC Red stuff pads. I have to tell you the difference was like night and day.

I have now upgraded the the Brembo Set-up though. I will be doing the EBC rotors and Pads with this as well.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:28 PM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend you stay away from cross drilled rotors. There is no benefit to them. They tend to crack. Slotted is nice and you can resurface them, but not much.

Brakes are very easy to do, but everyone has a different skill level for this stuff. If you have the correct tools, its easy.

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
Planning to change out my rotors and pad....about 22k miles on them, and I hear my brakes squeak, giving me a reason to put something better on...so what's good, what to avoid? I want cross-drilled and slotted rotors...what's the benefits and drawbacks of them? The one thing I remember about slotted rotors from previous experience is that you can't resurface them....I know i've asked this before in previous threads, but what are some brands of rotors and pads you are using and how do you like them?

And lastly, did you install your setup by yourself or did you do it at the dealership? I've done it before on my TL-S, Integra, and Accord...but how easier is it on a Z? Any instructions????

thanX