17.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Stoptech BBK

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by amG35
Zivman, where would the Wilwood BBK fall in this hierarchy? I am considering the Rotora, Stoptech, and Wilwood BBK's for my G. Thanks.
Somewhere between ST and Rotora would be my guess. I hadn't done much research into the wilwood though, so I can't say definitively. I would try to find out where there rotors come from. That will be a definitive way to determine quality IMO.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
Brembo designed their kits to work with the oem rears. The 13" to be paired with the non brembos and teh 14" to be paired with the oem brembo rears. I am in the process of tracking down a set of oem rear brembo calipers. Brembo has the lines and the rotors you need for the rears, you just need oem brembo calipers
From what I was told, the 13" is set for 17" wheel and the 14" is for 18". But anyone of us could be misinformed
We both made a good call on the brakes though...
Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Oleg
From what I was told, the 13" is set for 17" wheel and the 14" is for 18". But anyone of us could be misinformed
We both made a good call on the brakes though...
You basically said the same thing as I did
Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by lex350
Thats a good question. I think I'm getting the 355 x 32mm. I will know for sure when I get my invoice. And I'm going to be getting mine before yours. I paid extra so I could be in front of you. There just taking your kit and painting it yellow for me. lol
cheater!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:04 PM
amG35

I am strongly considering the Stoptech BBK for my G35. Does anyone have a pic of the 13" kit inside a 19" wheel that they can post? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
lex350

This is the only one I have
Old 05-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by amG35
I am strongly considering the Stoptech BBK for my G35. Does anyone have a pic of the 13" kit inside a 19" wheel that they can post? Thanks.

Here's a post from the 14.1 6piston StopTech Thread from Leemik:

*HAWWWWTT**

Originally Posted by leemik
Brakes look hot!! Like a red banana!

I have the 13" 4 piston Stoptechs inside a 19"

here's what they look like (front):

and the matching 2 piston rear calipers:
and here are my 6pots!

Last edited by Chebosto; 05-03-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
GXCLUSIV
Gymrats G35 TT

Those Stoptechs 6pots is whats missing on my G.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:44 PM
GMZ

Default Stock Brembos

Well guys I now have my BBK set on order. I decided to order the stoptech 14" kit 4 wheel with drilled rotors and Yellow calipers. I have to wait a month now so when I get everything in I'll take some pictures.

Thanks
What are you going to do with your stock Brembo brakes? Are you going to sell them? PM me if yes Wifey would kill me if I spent 4K on brakes!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:12 PM
lex350

I'm going to sell them for sure.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 AM
simstad

You won't be disappointed. It's way more brake than the car needs. That's why it's so fun.

Good for "The Stop Short".

Last edited by simstad; 05-08-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:03 AM
lex350

nice^ Like the bumper too. lol nice helmet
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 AM
lex350

Damn. I just called Stoptech. I'm still looking at 2-3 weeks for my Brakes. Sucks
Old 06-06-2006, 09:35 PM
lex350

Default ???

Well Stoptech screwed me. Just found out after waiting 7 weeks for my brake kit I was told that I have to wait another 6 weeks. BS. So I'm thinking of cancling the order. Thanks alot for dicken me around.

Edit: Now What to do?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM
imalazeeass

This is the only one I have
thats my avatar on g35driver!

happened to me too when i got my stoptechs.. they said they had it.. so i paid.. waited 2 weeks.. "sorry were actually backordered.." needless to say i ended up getting them after waiting 6 weeks.. not as bad as your i guess.. but still
Old 06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GO with the 14.1" front and 12.9" rear... even if you dont track your Z that rear kit is much better and a greater selction of rear pads...

The good thing about the stop tech kits is there are alot of street compounds availalable as well as auto cross to full track pads.. very easy to swap too...

Old 06-07-2006, 09:36 AM
lex350

Originally Posted by imalazeeass
thats my avatar on g35driver!

happened to me too when i got my stoptechs.. they said they had it.. so i paid.. waited 2 weeks.. "sorry were actually backordered.." needless to say i ended up getting them after waiting 6 weeks.. not as bad as your i guess.. but still
Damn, is that your car? So it looks like I will get a small discount for the mix up, no charge for paint, ETA: Late July.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:59 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Well Stoptech screwed me. Just found out after waiting 7 weeks for my brake kit I was told that I have to wait another 6 weeks. BS. So I'm thinking of cancling the order. Thanks alot for dicken me around.

Edit: Now What to do?
Dude, what happened? I got mine in along time ago. Remember I only ordered mine about a week b4 you. BTW, here's the pics. Sorry to hear you're going through all this.
Attached Thumbnails Stoptech BBK-e1.jpg   Stoptech BBK-e2.jpg   Stoptech BBK-e3.jpg  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:06 PM
lex350

All is good. I will have to wait a little longer but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 AM
J Ritt

imalazeeass,
I'm sorry it took so long to get you your brakes! Also, I just want to clear something up...we don't charge a customer credit card until the kit ships out the door. Some of our resellers do this, but we don't. I just want to be very clear on that topic. Anyway, hopefully it was worth the wait.

Dude, what happened? I got mine in along time ago. Remember I only ordered mine about a week b4 you. BTW, here's the pics. Sorry to hear you're going through all this.
How long it takes to ship a kit depends on a bunch of factors. The piston size, color, caliper choice, etc. all affects shipment. Depending on the kit specs, you could order a kit today and get it tomorrow, or you could wait weeks. I won't go into all of the details, but I can assure you we're working around the clock to fix this issue.

Lex,
Thanks for your patience. We are doing our best. I think many people know by now, but for those who don't, StopTech was purchased by Centric Parts in March. Details can be found here: http://www.stoptech.com/company_info..._Centric.shtml

We are also going through the toughest time I've seen since I started at StopTech 3 years ago. In May, we shipped out more product than we ever have in a given month...yet we're still fighting tooth and nail to keep up! Everyone says, "that's a good problem to have," which to some extent is true. That said, it's very frustrating to see posts and get phone calls from upset customers and resellers. We are working crazy hours and doing everything we can to service customers. My sales guys are losing their minds dealing with these issues ,but they are a great group and they see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We are running multiple manufacturing shifts, and we just bought a bunch of new machinery (some very cool ones at that ). We're also hiring as many good people as we can find to run those machines, so if anybody knows a good machinist looking for work, send them our way! Our new owners also just bought us a new building that is much, much bigger than the one we're in now. I was over there the other week with a couple of our Engineers working on the floorplan, and when I walked into the manufacturing area, my mouth dropped to the floor when I saw how big it is...it's really nuts. We're really excited to get up and running in there.

I guess it's no great consolation to tell those waiting for product that we're sorry, but these issues WILL disappear in the future. We appreciate your patience, and hopefully you can stick with us through this rough spot. Our new mgmt. has a stated goal that we will ship BBK's on the same day that we receive the order. That's what we're working towards, and something that we were never able to do under our old system. It's going to take a little time, but it will happen. The amount of time, energy, and money going into making this happen is obscene, and we are only going to get stronger and stronger moving forward. That means more products, higher quality, faster order fulfillment, better pricing, superior customer service...the list goes on and on.

I also wanted to address one other concern that some people may have regarding the change in ownership at StopTech. Our customers know that StopTech has always been a very performance-oriented brand, and that our employees were enthusiasts just like our customers. That has not changed. With the exception of our former owner/CEO, all of our staff has and will remain intact. In fact, we now have even more hardcore enthusiasts in our organization. Almost all of the mgrs. at our parent company are into racing/tracking their cars. Our new CEO is actually a professional driver in his spare time, and he races in Speed World Challenge touring for TriPoint Mazda. He also won a World Challenge GT race at Portland in a corvette last year. Needless to say, he completely understands what our customers want, and where we need to be going!

I know this probably sounds like the same old story to some people, but it IS happening. Once we get into the new building, we'll hopefully be able to have an open-house for all of our customers and friends, and you guys can see firsthand that I'm not full of sh*t.

Thanks again to our customers for bearing with us, and please realize that we are sensitive to the impact on our fellow enthusiasts.

Quick Reply: Stoptech BBK