Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Need to drop my ride..suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:59 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Need to drop my ride..suggestions please

I want to drop my ride no more than 1" maybe less since I am driving the car all day. I don't track at all and this is strictly for street purposes. I would like to improve handling but also want a smooth ride -- with the stock suspension on my 06 I feel like I am bouncing around the cabin when i hit a dip in the round or when turning at high speed I don't want to lean as much. I know I am somewhat contradicting myself because of what my goals are but please advise on a good spring/shock combo or should I get a budget coilover like the tein basic?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have just the tanabe Gf springs and stock shocks on the Z. It lowered the car.4 inches. I still have roll from the Z, I am going to put some Nismo or cusco sway bars to minimize the roll. The car rides great for a daily but I still would like a better shock to go with the Springs. This is just what I did on my Z, because of budget restraints! I would of liked to get the Nismo coilovers if I had the cash! Just my 2 cents!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:12 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

I heard the swift springs were good too
Old 04-15-2007, 03:37 PM
nofeardude87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

swifts are probably the best springs you can get as far as quality goes. they are very high quality and 100% made in japan. not much people know this, but many "jdm" products like tein springs and coilovers (street applications) are made in other places like taiwan or china. of course, it's gonna cost you
Old 04-15-2007, 03:39 PM
DBTRACK

Originally Posted by dspiel
I want to drop my ride no more than 1" maybe less since I am driving the car all day. I don't track at all and this is strictly for street purposes. I would like to improve handling but also want a smooth ride -- with the stock suspension on my 06 I feel like I am bouncing around the cabin when i hit a dip in the round or when turning at high speed I don't want to lean as much. I know I am somewhat contradicting myself because of what my goals are but please advise on a good spring/shock combo or should I get a budget coilover like the tein basic?

Thanks
Buy your buddies nismo setup!!! Didnt you post the sale yesterday???
Old 04-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Originally Posted by nofeardude87
swifts are probably the best springs you can get as far as quality goes. they are very high quality and 100% made in japan. not much people know this, but many "jdm" products like tein springs and coilovers (street applications) are made in other places like taiwan or china. of course, it's gonna cost you
Agreed, some of the best springs available.

However... bear in mind Swift springs dont lower Zs that much. Typically I recommend Swift to customers looking to change spring rates on their coilovers or rebuilding coilovers as they have replacement springs for most common coilover systems.

Tanabe has a good drop for a spring/shock combo and are priced well. You can combine them with some KYBs or Tokico D-specs if you decide to replace dampeners somewhat inexpensively.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:28 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Originally Posted by DBTRACK
Buy your buddies nismo setup!!! Didnt you post the sale yesterday???

too much $$$
Old 04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Originally Posted by Justin@WestCovinaNissan

However... bear in mind Swift springs dont lower Zs that much. Typically I recommend Swift to customers looking to change spring rates on their coilovers or rebuilding coilovers as they have replacement springs for most common coilover systems.

Tanabe has a good drop for a spring/shock combo and are priced well. You can combine them with some KYBs or Tokico D-specs if you decide to replace dampeners somewhat inexpensively.
hmm decisions decisions...
Old 04-15-2007, 05:43 PM
kourosH

hotchkis springs/sways
Old 04-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

KYB GR-2's should only be run with oem springs since they lack the valving needed for anything stiffer. Even for those that are not lowering, D-specs would still represent a superior choice, since they have really good valving and ability to run with stiffer lowering springs.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dspiel

Thanks
"I don't track at all and this is strictly for street purposes. I would like to improve handling but also want a smooth ride"

Tokico D-spec shocks with,

Tein S-tech
Hotchkis
Swift

or D-spec shock and spring setup for a 1" drop.

I would have said GF210 or Pro-kit, but you mentioned "no more then a 1" drop"
Old 04-15-2007, 08:35 PM
black06z

that's what I would've said: Tanabe GF210 w/ Tokico D-Specs.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:44 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks also for the Dampner help with my Tanabe springs!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

so I went with Swift because I wanted to improve my ride and stay within spec..now where to get it installed