Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Would you trust these brakes??? - Phat Boy Big Brake Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by abarclay
I've got the Alliance version. At the time Mike from Blackline was always on the forum and willing to help out. About halfway through the install we found out that I was missing multiple bolts...3 weeks later I had the correct ones. I haven't had any issues with the brakes (knock on wood), although the most spirited driving I've done has been on the 3 trips up the Dragon and a couple North GA mountain runs.

Hindsight, I wish I would have gone with Stoptech or any other reputable brake company, because Mike is long gone and it's probably going to be interesting trying to get new pads...but you live and you learn. Go with Brembo, Akebono, Stoptech, or something along those lines.
I googled Blackline Motorsports and they still have a link to MY350z.com on the Alliance BBK. If you click on the link... it doesn't work. Good luck on the your pad adventure when it comes.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike admits in the thread that I linked that his stuff is basically rebranded PB's

No thank you!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
350zhtx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to know... i was just wondering about these brakes never heard of them till now
Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 AM
jjjones

Seems the fan boys cant handle the fact that these Alliance BBK kits are basically cheap chinese manufactured goods with a hefty markup. They try to justify the markup by stating that you are paying more for "customer service" and "R&D", what a complete load of crap.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:51 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they're selling a replacement to r35 bbk on ebay rofl
Old 07-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Stay away... Brembos and Z32 brakes seem to be the most reliable.. Almost all my friends with Akebono's have warped them from hard braking... Wilwood's also seem to be an excellent option!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lgear080
friends dont let friends drive stock!

hey. maybe they have cheaper brake pad sizing?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by lgear080
Oh hell no.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:56 PM
KNS Brakes
Vendor - Former Vendor

So this is a damn interesting thread to me. I have FINALLY got here (on my350z) to get some things done.

-This thread exposes the general level of knowledge of you the consumer.

-This thread exposes the depths to which savvy individuals will sink to make $$. You KNOW who you are - you got BANNED

-This thread tells me I should have been here long ago. Our job is to sell the correct brakes to the consumer for a good price with accurate delivery.

I am a Subaru guy. I own a bunch of them and a Corvette track car because Subaru's suck on track. I own a brake business that will very soon be selling here once Snookie at IB answers my email. If you are a normal human being you will probably like us.

Looking at this thread.

-It make me sad that........

-A company in Taiwan has such disrespect for it's customer's that it will sell around them without warning or disclosure such that you the consumer basically burn them at the stake. That is plain ugly - and I am not picking sides. See next point.

-A 'savvy' reseller plays internet games and marks the parts up way beyond cost. In this equation - someone was stealing. FAIL.

-Even more so..no one in this entire sales equation may actually have ANY TECHNICAL knowledge of the product! Really? I am OK with "I don't race - I tuck and want nice looking stuff....". That is a product niche. Do it. Do it right! But noooooo 'Our **** is as good as the real **** that works but cost less"

C'mon man...are you really that desperate as a reseller/manufacturer?

See you on the vendor side if you actually read this. I came tonight to see wasup in 350Z land and got exactly ONE post in.

NOONE begrudges profit to a well done job that is fair. My entire company is proof of that. (ok - we're super small - but.. i'm on a roll )

-ken

Last edited by KNS Brakes; 08-02-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:57 PM
DBTre50z

Originally Posted by infantsam
So this is a damn interesting thread to me. I have FINALLY got here (on my350z) to get some things done.

-This thread exposes the general level of knowledge of you the consumer.

-This thread exposes the depths to which savvy individuals will sink to make $$. You KNOW who you are - you got BANNED

-This thread tells me I should have been here long ago. Our job is to sell the correct brakes to the consumer for a good price with accurate delivery.

I am a Subaru guy. I own a bunch of them and a Corvette track car because Subaru's suck on track. I own a brake business that will very soon be selling here once Snookie at IB answers my email. If you are a normal human being you will probably like us.

Looking at this thread.

-It make me sad that........

-A company in Taiwan has such disrespect for it's customer's that it will sell around them without warning or disclosure such that you the consumer basically burn them at the stake. That is plain ugly - and I am not picking sides. See next point.

-A 'savvy' reseller plays internet games and marks the parts up way beyond cost. In this equation - someone was stealing. FAIL.

-Even more so..no one in this entire sales equation may actually have ANY TECHNICAL knowledge of the product! Really? I am OK with "I don't race - I tuck and want nice looking stuff....". That is a product niche. Do it. Do it right! But noooooo 'Our **** is as good as the real **** that works but cost less"

C'mon man...are you really that desperate as a reseller/manufacturer?

See you on the vendor side if you actually read this. I came tonight to see wasup in 350Z land and got exactly ONE post in.

NOONE begrudges profit to a well done job that is fair. My entire company is proof of that. (ok - we're super small - but.. i'm on a roll )

-ken
I almost read that whole speech
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
KNS Brakes
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DBTre50z
I almost read that whole speech
Yes that is what it was. Pretty good one IMO - although I have done better.

I am editing the blatant for sale **** in my profile till i pay the forum what they earn.

Sounds like you are customer #1

Ken
Old 08-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Jarrod14

If anyone is interested in a BBK for under 1000 from a reputable company check out revolutionbrake and get back to me
Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

^sure thing boss
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Right after I sell my Endless'... I'll try those lol.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh snap! Deals on bbks???
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Trust isn't even the issue. The issue I would have would be every time someone asks "hey man what brakes are those?" I would have to exhale, lower my head, and mumble "phat boy brakes"